Welcome to DBSTalk

Sign In 

Create Account
Welcome to DBSTalk. Our community covers all aspects of video delivery solutions including: Direct Broadcast Satellite (DBS), Cable Television, and Internet Protocol Television (IPTV). We also have forums to discuss popular television programs, home theater equipment, and internet streaming service providers. Members of our community include experts who can help you solve technical problems, industry professionals, company representatives, and novices who are here to learn.

Like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community. Sign-up is a free and simple process that requires minimal information. Be a part of our community by signing in or creating an account. The Digital Bit Stream starts here!
  • Reply to existing topics or start a discussion of your own
  • Subscribe to topics and forums and get email updates
  • Send private personal messages (PM) to other forum members
  • Customize your profile page and make new friends

Guest Message by DevFuse

Photo

Getting Whole Home setup

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 OFFLINE   Goldlexus

Goldlexus

AllStar

• Registered
  • 97 posts

Posted 31 December 2012 - 11:58 AM

I am a bit confused on how all this works. Attached is my current setup and the order of equipment that directv says I need. We are adding a HD tv to my sons room so will move either the HD dvr or HD reciever into his room. The Genie will go where the current HD DVR is. Which tv's will be able to 'see' the Genie's playlist and can those tv's play the shows on the play list? I already have one CCK attached to our current dvr for VOD do I need another. Is the CCK what allows other tv's to connect to the Genie? I don't have an install date...well I did but the installer refused to install dure to the hight of our dish and now we are waiting for a supervisor to take a look and discuss options. Called directv twice to try get this expedited sooner then the 3-5 days to even get a call from our local office but can't get past the call center just confirming 3-5 day wait.

Attached Thumbnails

• currentrecivers.png
  • directvWHorder.png

...Ads Help To Support This SIte...

#2 OFFLINE   carl6

carl6

Hall Of Fame

• Moderators
  • 11,148 posts
  • LocationSeattle, WA

Posted 31 December 2012 - 12:25 PM

You will end up with one hr34, one hr21, and one h21. All 3 will be able to view recordings from either DVR. The hr34 can feed/serve 3 shows at a time and the hr21 can feed/show one (via whole home). All three can watch live TV at any time.

#3 OFFLINE   Goldlexus

Goldlexus

AllStar

• Topic Starter
  • Registered
  • 97 posts

Posted 31 December 2012 - 03:10 PM

Ok Thanks...BTW is the CCK needed? I have one do I need the one directv is sending? Is that what shares the info between the hd receivers?

#4 OFFLINE   The Merg

The Merg

1*

• Registered
  • 10,267 posts
  • LocationNorthern VA

Posted 31 December 2012 - 03:14 PM

It also looks like he is getting a C31 client (due to the Swap/Replace DirecTV Client line item).

As for the CCK, what you have will most likely be used unless the installer decides to use a new one. One CCK will bridge your coax network for all your receivers to your home network. If you actually have an ethernet cable over where the HR34 is being installed you can forgo the CCK and just plug the ethenet cable into the HR34 as it has the ability to act as that bridge. Connection to your home network is not needed for Mutli-Room Viewing to work. The HR21 and H21 will have a DECA adapter connected behind them to allow them to participate in MRV.

- Merg

Today's problems don't worry me, I haven't solved yesterday's yet.

SlimLine-3 Dish w/ SWM16 (HD Service / WHDVR) / Full Setup
HR34-700 / Panasonic TC-P50G25 HDTV / HDMI / Networked - DECA / Family Room
HR44-700 / Samsung HCM5525W HDTV / Component / Networked - DECA / Bedroom

HR24-100 / Samsung HCM5525W HDTV / Component / Networked - DECA / Bedroom

Protected By... spam firewall...And...