Welcome to DBSTalk

Sign In 

Create Account
Welcome to DBSTalk. Our community covers all aspects of video delivery solutions including: Direct Broadcast Satellite (DBS), Cable Television, and Internet Protocol Television (IPTV). We also have forums to discuss popular television programs, home theater equipment, and internet streaming service providers. Members of our community include experts who can help you solve technical problems, industry professionals, company representatives, and novices who are here to learn.

Like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community. Sign-up is a free and simple process that requires minimal information. Be a part of our community by signing in or creating an account. The Digital Bit Stream starts here!
  • Reply to existing topics or start a discussion of your own
  • Subscribe to topics and forums and get email updates
  • Send private personal messages (PM) to other forum members
  • Customize your profile page and make new friends

Guest Message by DevFuse

Photo
- - - - -

Supplier in Southern CA

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 OFFLINE   HappyTheManFan

HappyTheManFan

Cool Member

• Registered
  • 14 posts

Posted 31 December 2012 - 03:34 PM

I'm in a bit of an emergency situation and I need help. We just had two transformers blow in the neighborhood today and a power spike went through the whole house, even through the UPS and fried my 6x8 multiswitch and one of the outputs on the SL3 LNB. I need to know if there is a parts distributor in the San Bernardino/Riverside/Ontario area (even L.A./Orange County is better than nothing) that would have replacements, sells to the public, and is open today (I assume tomorrow/New Years Day is probably hopeless).

I'm trying to take care of this today, otherwise I'll have to order from an online supplier and be without TV for a couple days.

Thanks for your help!

...Ads Help To Support This SIte...

#2 OFFLINE   Rent_Share

Rent_Share

AllStar

• Registered
  • 67 posts

Posted 31 December 2012 - 04:29 PM

http://armtechsatell.../contactus.html

Dish Slimline-5 WB68 MRV Enabled (Non Supported) Cat 5
HR20-100 - HR21/100 - HR23-700 - Not Networked DSR708 SD

#3 OFFLINE   HappyTheManFan

HappyTheManFan

Cool Member

• Topic Starter
  • Registered
  • 14 posts

Posted 31 December 2012 - 05:00 PM

Thanks for the link.

Now that I've tinkered with things a bit, I think the multiswitch may be ok. One of the four outputs from the dish is definitely dead, and the loss of voltage from that one line was playing havoc with the multiswitch. I disconnected another line and am just running two cables to the inputs for SAT 99/101 and everything is working (of course with no hi-def channels and a few other scattered missing channels).

I'm guessing replacing the LNB and connecting all four cables will return things to normal.

Protected By... spam firewall...And...