Okay, I believe I found the manual for you modem/router so here we go...
1. On your desktop browser go to http://gateway.2wire.net
or you can use the IP address of the router, which I believe defaults to 192.168.1.254
2. After logging into the router, click the Home Network tab
3. Click the Advanced Settings link under the Home Network tab
4. You should have a section that shows your Current Settings, to include the router IP address and DHCP range. If the DHCP range is from 192.168.1.1 to 192.168.1.253, we will need to update it.
5. In the section for Settings, click on the radio button for Configure Manually. In the IP address box enter 192.168.1.254. In the Subnet Mask box enter 255.255.255.0. Check the Enable DHCP box. Enter in the First DHCP Address box 192.168.1.100. Enter in the Last DHCP Address box 192.168.1.150.
6. Disconnect the switch that is installed between the Netgear and the 2Wire.
7. Disconnect the Netgear.
8. Disconnect your PC from the 2Wire and plug it into one of the LAN ports on the Netgear and reboot your PC.
9. Log into the Netgear setup page by going to http://www.routerlog..._HiddenPage.htm
10. Select to Disable Configuration Assistant.
11. Make sure the IP address of the Netgear is set outside the DHCP range set above and is not the same as the 2Wire.
12. Make sure the DHCP server on the Netgear is turned off.
13. Disconnect the Netgear from your PC.
14. Connect an Ethernet cable from the 2Wire to your PC.
15. Connect an Ethernet cable from the 2Wire to a LAN port on the Netgear.
Let me know if you have any issues.
Edited by The Merg, 07 January 2013 - 12:47 AM.