Welcome to DBSTalk

Sign In 

Create Account
Welcome to DBSTalk. Our community covers all aspects of video delivery solutions including: Direct Broadcast Satellite (DBS), Cable Television, and Internet Protocol Television (IPTV). We also have forums to discuss popular television programs, home theater equipment, and internet streaming service providers. Members of our community include experts who can help you solve technical problems, industry professionals, company representatives, and novices who are here to learn.

Like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community. Sign-up is a free and simple process that requires minimal information. Be a part of our community by signing in or creating an account. The Digital Bit Stream starts here!
  • Reply to existing topics or start a discussion of your own
  • Subscribe to topics and forums and get email updates
  • Send private personal messages (PM) to other forum members
  • Customize your profile page and make new friends

Guest Message by DevFuse

Photo
- - - - -

Is the 622 still a current model?

• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

#1 OFFLINE   ccalato

ccalato

• Registered
  • 5 posts

Posted 01 January 2013 - 02:16 PM

My 622 just died and they are sending a replacement. The CSR claimed it would be new not refurbed but it doesn't look like it is offered on their site any more. Is it possible they would just send a 722?

...Ads Help To Support This Site...

#2 OFFLINE   P Smith

P Smith

Mr. FixAnything

• Registered
  • 20,058 posts
  • LocationMediterranean Sea

Posted 01 January 2013 - 02:43 PM

less likely. but who knows ...

#3 OFFLINE   some guy

some guy

Godfather

• Registered
  • 413 posts

Posted 01 January 2013 - 06:18 PM

They wouldn't send a 722 for a 622 replacement unless they were completely out of 622 which they are not. Replacements are like for like. To get a 722/722k you would need to do an upgrade.

#4 OFFLINE   boba

boba

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 5,580 posts

Posted 01 January 2013 - 09:05 PM

You will get a refurb even a 722/722K would probably be a refurb. Look at the tag on the back of the receiver.

#5 OFFLINE   ccalato

ccalato

• Topic Starter
  • Registered
  • 5 posts

Posted 05 January 2013 - 04:22 PM

Refurbed 622 is what came like you guys said. If it was actually refurbed it was done poorly. The display was distorted, like the resolution was wrong, but since I couldn't see anything I couldn't change it, if that was the problem. The CSR I talked to couldn't figure it out either. They sent out a service guy who said it was because my TV was not 16x9 (it is). I'm guessing he was trying to say the resolution was wrong but he couldn't fix it. He ended up giving me a 722. He said it was my lucky day because they usually do not have the OTA module in them. I'm guessing they are removed during refurb based on what he said. Anyway, I'm back in business but going 5 days without pay TV has only made me more interested in dropping TV service all together. There is nothing I couldn't live without, I don't think. The kids might be bothered for a while but they would probably get over it. The only real problem would be my wife who seems to need to watch football. We might both be over the NHL at this point.

#6 OFFLINE   P Smith

P Smith

Mr. FixAnything

• Registered
  • 20,058 posts
  • LocationMediterranean Sea

Posted 05 January 2013 - 05:26 PM

check local channels by OTA using ATCS tuner in your TV. You will be surprised how many station is out there with sport events.

#7 OFFLINE   ccalato

ccalato

• Topic Starter
  • Registered
  • 5 posts

Posted 06 January 2013 - 09:14 PM

Thanks. I had an antenna attached to the 622 so I required OTA capability on the new receiver, that's why he said it was my lucky day I guess. I have the antenna in my attic and I get all the Chicago stations and some out of Rockford.

Protected By... spam firewall...And...