Welcome to DBSTalk

Sign In 

Create Account
Welcome to DBSTalk. Our community covers all aspects of video delivery solutions including: Direct Broadcast Satellite (DBS), Cable Television, and Internet Protocol Television (IPTV). We also have forums to discuss popular television programs, home theater equipment, and internet streaming service providers. Members of our community include experts who can help you solve technical problems, industry professionals, company representatives, and novices who are here to learn.

Like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community. Sign-up is a free and simple process that requires minimal information. Be a part of our community by signing in or creating an account. The Digital Bit Stream starts here!
  • Reply to existing topics or start a discussion of your own
  • Subscribe to topics and forums and get email updates
  • Send private personal messages (PM) to other forum members
  • Customize your profile page and make new friends

Guest Message by DevFuse

Photo

No internet!

• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

#1 OFFLINE   hifidigital

hifidigital

• Registered
  • 1 posts

Posted 01 January 2013 - 03:21 PM

I'm having trouble with my DirecTV setup which includes 3 HR25's and 1 HR34. I used to be able to access the internet but can't anymore. The boxes are connected via coax networking via the wired cinema connection kit. All of the lights on the CCK box are green. I'm beginning to lose my mind. Someone please help.

If it makes any difference, the multi room viewing is working just fine.

Does the wired version of the CCK have a web interface and should it show up on my routers connected devices interface?

...Ads Help To Support This SIte...

#2 ONLINE   The Merg

The Merg

1*

• Registered
  • 10,253 posts
  • LocationNorthern VA

Posted 01 January 2013 - 03:27 PM

I'm having trouble with my DirecTV setup which includes 3 HR25's and 1 HR34. I used to be able to access the internet but can't anymore. The boxes are connected via coax networking via the wired cinema connection kit. All of the lights on the CCK box are green. I'm beginning to lose my mind. Someone please help.

If it makes any difference, the multi room viewing is working just fine.

Does the wired version of the CCK have a web interface and should it show up on my routers connected devices interface?

The wired CCK does not have an interface. It really just acts like a switch.

What are the IP addresses of your receivers? If they start with 169.254.x.x then they are not getting an IP address from your router.

Do you happen to have an Ethernet run near your HR34? If so, disconnect the CCK and plug the Ethernet cable into the HR34. That should work just fine then. If not, try resetting your router and then rerun the Network Setup on the HR34.

- Merg

Today's problems don't worry me, I haven't solved yesterday's yet.

SlimLine-3 Dish w/ SWM16 (HD Service / WHDVR) / Full Setup
HR34-700 / Panasonic TC-P50G25 HDTV / HDMI / Networked - DECA / Family Room
HR44-700 / Samsung HCM5525W HDTV / Component / Networked - DECA / Bedroom

HR24-100 / Samsung HCM5525W HDTV / Component / Networked - DECA / Bedroom

#3 OFFLINE   coolman302003

coolman302003

2014 NBA CHAMPIONS!

• DBSTalk Club
  • 1,161 posts
  • LocationSoutheast

Posted 01 January 2013 - 07:34 PM

Also make sure under More System Info (hold down Info button around 3-5 secs on a non interactive channel and select More System Info) scroll down under Network and make sure you do not have a yellow error Posted Image next to STB Services Port, Status & Audio Services Port. If you do you may just need to go to Network Setup>Network Services> Connect Now if that doesn't work then you can try inputting in manual ports then re-try.

List of networks with HD VOD content available on DIRECTV   DIRECTV Customer Service Live Online Chat (available from 8am-1am ET)   DIRECTV Regional Sports Network (RSN) fee lookup tool (zip code required)

DIRECTV Premium Channel Pricing: 1=$13.99 ($17.99 for HBO) | 2=$25 ($30 with HBO) | 3=$35 ($40 with HBO) | 4=$43 ($48 with HBO) | All 5=$55 per month 

My Setup: 5-LNB SlimLine with SWM-16 | HR44-700 w/AM-21N | HR24-200 | H25-100 | H25-100 | C41-500

#4 ONLINE   The Merg

The Merg

1*

• Registered
  • 10,253 posts
  • LocationNorthern VA

Posted 01 January 2013 - 07:39 PM

Also make sure under More System Info (hold down Info button around 3-5 secs on a non interactive channel and select More System Info) scroll down under Network and make sure you do not have a yellow error Posted Image next to STB Services Port, Status & Audio Services Port. If you do you may just need to go to Network Setup>Network Services> Connect Now if that doesn't work then you can try inputting in manual ports then re-try.

Network Services is not needed for connecting to the Internet.

- Merg

#5 OFFLINE   hilmar2k

hilmar2k

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 5,251 posts

Posted 02 January 2013 - 06:10 AM

I was having the same issues recently, and solved it by swapping out the DECA adapter I was using to connect to the internet (CCK was not yet available when I got converted to DECA). You may have a bad CCK.

I'd start by restarting everything; modem, router, CCK, then receivers.

#6 OFFLINE   Laxguy

Laxguy

Fortuna! Fameux des Halles

• DBSTalk Club
  • 11,922 posts
  • LocationWinters, California

Posted 02 January 2013 - 10:51 AM

Were you able to slap an ethernet wire into the HR34? (While removing the CCK).

And are the other units H25s? (there are no HR25s).

Also, a mistake I made was thinking the H25s could do internet, VOD, etc.... had to be on the DVR....
"Laxguy" means a guy who loves lacrosse.

#7 ONLINE   The Merg

The Merg

1*

• Registered
  • 10,253 posts
  • LocationNorthern VA

Posted 02 January 2013 - 11:09 AM

Were you able to slap an ethernet wire into the HR34? (While removing the CCK).

And are the other units H25s? (there are no HR25s).

Also, a mistake I made was thinking the H25s could do internet, VOD, etc.... had to be on the DVR....

Good catch. I read that first post as HR24's and not HR25's, which as you point out do not exist.

- Merg

spam firewall