Welcome to DBSTalk

Sign In 

Create Account
Welcome to DBSTalk. Our community covers all aspects of video delivery solutions including: Direct Broadcast Satellite (DBS), Cable Television, and Internet Protocol Television (IPTV). We also have forums to discuss popular television programs, home theater equipment, and internet streaming service providers. Members of our community include experts who can help you solve technical problems, industry professionals, company representatives, and novices who are here to learn.

Like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community. Sign-up is a free and simple process that requires minimal information. Be a part of our community by signing in or creating an account. The Digital Bit Stream starts here!
  • Reply to existing topics or start a discussion of your own
  • Subscribe to topics and forums and get email updates
  • Send private personal messages (PM) to other forum members
  • Customize your profile page and make new friends

Guest Message by DevFuse

Photo
- - - - -

Hooper/ Joey

• Please log in to reply
7 replies to this topic

#1 OFFLINE   epeets

epeets

• Registered
  • 8 posts

Posted 02 January 2013 - 05:47 AM

Question:

How do I get my Hooper & Joey to say on (view a channel 24/7)? I selected Disable option in the Inactivity Activity page under Update Selection, but the Hooper & Joey still goes into inactive mode.

Thanks

...Ads Help To Support This SIte...

#2 OFFLINE   Ray C@DISH Network

Ray C@DISH Network

Icon

• DISH Representative
  • 914 posts

Posted 02 January 2013 - 08:28 AM

The Hopper performs a nightly update at 1 am. If the receiver is on, a message pops up asking if you want to allow the update or continue watching the program. If no response is given, it will perform the update. After the update is completed, the receiver reboots. This update cannot be disabled. If you have further questions, please let me know. Thanks.

Question:

How do I get my Hooper & Joey to say on (view a channel 24/7)? I selected Disable option in the Inactivity Activity page under Update Selection, but the Hooper & Joey still goes into inactive mode.

Thanks

#3 OFFLINE   puckwithahalo

puckwithahalo

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 1,286 posts

Posted 02 January 2013 - 10:54 AM

Set an auto-tune timer for about 1:15 am or so. That'll kick the receiver back on after the nightly update. Maybe 1:30 am, just to be safe.
The postings on this site are my own and don't represent Dish's positions, strategies, or opinions.

-Puck

#4 OFFLINE   PokerJoker

PokerJoker

Godfather

• DBSTalk Club
  • 476 posts
  • LocationLas Vegas

Posted 02 January 2013 - 12:57 PM

Set an auto-tune timer for about 1:15 am or so. That'll kick the receiver back on after the nightly update. Maybe 1:30 am, just to be safe.

The auto-tune timer will work most of the time, but bottom line, it is not possible to have true 24/7 operation with a Dish system, due to the required nightly restart that cannot be turned off.

When a DirecTV DVR or receiver does a reboot for whatever reason, after the bootup is done, it does not go into standby, but rather goes back to the channel that was playing before the reboot. Apparently Dish is unwilling or unable to figure out how to accomplish this feat. You'd think they could at least make it an option setting, but no.

Keith

#5 OFFLINE   epeets

epeets

• Topic Starter
  • Registered
  • 8 posts

Posted 02 January 2013 - 06:01 PM

Thanks for reply

Where do I find the auto-tuner timer option? I could not find that option.

Thanks

#6 OFFLINE   MattG@DISH Network

MattG@DISH Network

Icon

• DISH Representative
  • 566 posts

Posted 02 January 2013 - 06:38 PM

Thanks for reply

Where do I find the auto-tuner timer option? I could not find that option.

Thanks

Select a show from the guide at the time you want, select 'record series timer', and on the next screen you can change the type from 'DVR' to 'Auto Tune'

Matthew "Speedy" Gonzales
Social Media

Monday/Tuesday/Thursday/Friday 11a-10p MT.  Off: Weds/Sat/Sun.

#7 OFFLINE   epeets

epeets

• Topic Starter
  • Registered
  • 8 posts

Posted 04 January 2013 - 05:59 AM

Last night my receiver requested the automatic shut down message at 1:15am and not 1:00 am is this normal or the time fluctuates?

#8 OFFLINE   garys

garys

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 3,164 posts

Posted 04 January 2013 - 09:53 AM

Dish's info states 1 am, the updates (as they are on other Dish receivers) are never done at an exact time.

Protected By... spam firewall...And...