Welcome to DBSTalk

Sign In 

Create Account
Welcome to DBSTalk. Our community covers all aspects of video delivery solutions including: Direct Broadcast Satellite (DBS), Cable Television, and Internet Protocol Television (IPTV). We also have forums to discuss popular television programs, home theater equipment, and internet streaming service providers. Members of our community include experts who can help you solve technical problems, industry professionals, company representatives, and novices who are here to learn.

Like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community. Sign-up is a free and simple process that requires minimal information. Be a part of our community by signing in or creating an account. The Digital Bit Stream starts here!
  • Reply to existing topics or start a discussion of your own
  • Subscribe to topics and forums and get email updates
  • Send private personal messages (PM) to other forum members
  • Customize your profile page and make new friends

Guest Message by DevFuse

Photo

I tried to be pro-active...That'll teach me

• Please log in to reply
12 replies to this topic

#1 OFFLINE   blackhillsjk

blackhillsjk

Cool Member

• Registered
  • 20 posts

Posted 02 January 2013 - 01:09 PM

So I am on auto-pay and I recently lost my debit card. I cancelled that card and got a new one which of course has a different number on it. I called dish today thinking I would get that switched so when it is time to pay my bill, they could use the correct card number. To my surprise, I was told the only way I could change it was to pay my bill right now first. I told them hell no, they could just call me on my regular scheduled pay date when it won't go thru for them. All I wanted to do is make it easier for them but they didn't want any part of it. :nono: I guess we will do it the hard way....Their choice, not mine.

...Ads Help To Support This SIte...

#2 OFFLINE   TMan

TMan

Legend

• Registered
  • 206 posts

Posted 02 January 2013 - 01:18 PM

Your experience doesn't sound too different from the one discussed here: http://www.dbstalk.c...ad.php?t=211300
October 2012 DirecTV subscriber - HR34(Genie)/C31/C31 - AU9-S-SWM Five LNB - Premier

#3 OFFLINE   epokopac

epokopac

Godfather

• Registered
  • 326 posts
  • LocationLawrenceville, Georgia

Posted 02 January 2013 - 01:19 PM

Sounds like that particular part of their system was not thought out very well. Perhaps a "new feature suggestion (not requiring a payment just to change the number)" is in order for that part.

#4 OFFLINE   DoyleS

DoyleS

Icon

• Registered
  • 1,001 posts

Posted 02 January 2013 - 01:20 PM

Why would you not just log into your account and change the Card number online? I am on autopay and cancelled a credit card and changed to the new card online.
Receivers= 722K, 722, 211K,
Dishes=Dish1000.2
Sling Adapter

#5 OFFLINE   VDP07

VDP07

Godfather

• Registered
  • 481 posts

Posted 02 January 2013 - 01:51 PM

Why would you not just log into your account and change the Card number online? I am on autopay and cancelled a credit card and changed to the new card online.

Doing it online requires you to pay any upcomming bill as well.:(

#6 OFFLINE   DEC

DEC

Legend

• Registered
  • 150 posts

Posted 02 January 2013 - 03:47 PM

Sounds like that particular part of their system was not thought out very well. Perhaps a "new feature suggestion (not requiring a payment just to change the number)" is in order for that part.

X2

#7 OFFLINE   altidude

altidude

AllStar

• Registered
  • 89 posts

Posted 02 January 2013 - 05:07 PM

A couple of months back, I canceled the auto pay credit card due to fraud and just let Dish process to the canceled card. It failed of course. I then did a one time payment to the new card then updated the auto pay. It took a few attempts over several days to get the new card to "stick".

#8 OFFLINE   Jim5506

Jim5506

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 3,454 posts

Posted 02 January 2013 - 05:57 PM

Even changing your card on-line will automatically prompt an immediate payment of your bill, so if you want to pay it at the designated time, you must change the card on that date or maybe the day before.
Tuners: Hopper 2000; Hopper w/Sling; 3 Joeys; Samsung SIR-T351; Accurian 6000;2 X HD TiVo; 2 X TiVo Series 2 Stand alone; Panasonic Showstopper 2000
Dish 1000.2 @ 110, 119, 129; dish 500 @ 61.5
Antennas - CM4228; RS U75-R; coathanger; Funke PSP.1922 (stillin the box); paperclip
Displays: Sony VPH D50Q with HD Fury HDMI input; Hitachi 57F59; Sony Bravia LCD;Sanyo 32" LCD; Panasonic 42" plasma
Sony 80GB PS3; Toshiba HD-DVD

Give me a Finco colinear array and I'll rule the world - HA-HA-HA-HA!

#9 OFFLINE   BillJ

BillJ

Icon

• Registered
  • 821 posts

Posted 03 January 2013 - 09:19 AM

I have a change in expiration date coming up soon. Does this "pay now" apply to updating that too?

#10 OFFLINE   Ray C@DISH Network

Ray C@DISH Network

Icon

• DISH Representative
  • 914 posts

Posted 03 January 2013 - 09:58 AM

If you make any changes to the Auto Pay it will prompt for the payment. I haven't updated my expiration date from my debit card and my payments have processed fine. Thanks.

I have a change in expiration date coming up soon. Does this "pay now" apply to updating that too?

#11 OFFLINE   BqWUDUDj

BqWUDUDj

Mentor

• Registered
  • 70 posts

Posted 03 January 2013 - 11:09 AM

Can you just pay a penny with your new card instead of the full amount?

#12 OFFLINE   CCarncross

CCarncross

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 7,058 posts
  • LocationJackson

Posted 03 January 2013 - 12:10 PM

Just change the info over on or very near the date your autopay occurs and problem solved. Its redonkulous how much hemming and hawing is being done over something so trivial and easy to resolve without making a huge deal out of it.

#13 OFFLINE   4HiMarks

4HiMarks

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 1,310 posts
  • LocationLaurel, MD

Posted 03 January 2013 - 03:16 PM

Another reason to always "push" money out of your account, rather than letting a vendor "pull" it.
Dish subscriber since 2000, HD since 2004.

spam firewall