Welcome to DBSTalk

Sign In 

Create Account
Welcome to DBSTalk. Our community covers all aspects of video delivery solutions including: Direct Broadcast Satellite (DBS), Cable Television, and Internet Protocol Television (IPTV). We also have forums to discuss popular television programs, home theater equipment, and internet streaming service providers. Members of our community include experts who can help you solve technical problems, industry professionals, company representatives, and novices who are here to learn.

Like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community. Sign-up is a free and simple process that requires minimal information. Be a part of our community by signing in or creating an account. The Digital Bit Stream starts here!
  • Reply to existing topics or start a discussion of your own
  • Subscribe to topics and forums and get email updates
  • Send private personal messages (PM) to other forum members
  • Customize your profile page and make new friends

Guest Message by DevFuse

Photo
- - - - -

FOX Soccer Channel

• Please log in to reply
131 replies to this topic

#21 OFFLINE   mws192

mws192

Godfather

• Registered
  • 405 posts

Posted 04 January 2013 - 11:40 AM

The timing of this seems strange to me, next season what will FSC even have to show after they lose the EPL? Aren't these the league rights for next season?

English: NBCSN
French/Italian/Spanish: BeIn
German: GolTV ?

I guess I can hope they get rights to the Bundesliga. It seems strange that FSC gets moved to the general package, a move they would theoretically have been wanting for years to get more subscriber money, right when they are at their lowest value.

I would wager that it has something to do with Speed rebranding as Fox Sports One later in 2013. One could surmise that Fox Soccer could rebrand as Fox Sports Two or Three and branch out from being soccer-only around the same time for reasons you outlined. Fox has been slowing amassing other sports content in the build up of Fox Sports One and Fox Soccer and Fuel could act as secondary channels that compliment the main one.

http://www.google.co.....0.gExNgs2muz8

...Ads Help To Support This SIte...

#22 OFFLINE   lokar

lokar

Icon

• Registered
  • 676 posts

Posted 04 January 2013 - 12:26 PM

I would wager that it has something to do with Speed rebranding as Fox Sports One later in 2013. One could surmise that Fox Soccer could rebrand as Fox Sports Two or Three and branch out from being soccer-only around the same time for reasons you outlined. Fox has been slowing amassing other sports content in the build up of Fox Sports One and Fox Soccer and Fuel could act as secondary channels that compliment the main one.

http://www.google.co.....0.gExNgs2muz8

Hadn't heard that about Speed, although the only thing I ever watched on it is Formula 1 which is going to NBCSN starting with the new season in March. I am wondering how Fox is going to fill Fox Sports 1/2 with content on a national basis unless they make some kind of deal to show a lot of out of market games from their RSNs like Comcast has been doing the last couple of years.

Does Fox still have rights to the Champions League next year?

#23 OFFLINE   Brit_in_WV

Brit_in_WV

Mentor

• Registered
  • 51 posts

Posted 04 January 2013 - 12:58 PM

Anyone know if FSC will also be in "Choice Xtra Classic" or do I have to lose the grandfathered package in order to pick this up?

I dropped FSC Plus two weeks ago and today I dropped Sports Pack and still have several sports channels including FSC and Bein Sports in my grandfathered in Choice Extra Classic, soyou shouldn't have a problem.
"Je ne suis pas assez jeune pour tout savoir"

#24 OFFLINE   kikkenit2

kikkenit2

Icon

• Registered
  • 668 posts

Posted 04 January 2013 - 01:32 PM

I have "choice extra classic" and I don't get the bein channel.
I do get the fox soccer channel now though. When you shut off
programming sometimes that channel stays on for a while. Bein is
not free like fsc.

#25 OFFLINE   paco1986

paco1986

Icon

• Registered
  • 574 posts

Posted 04 January 2013 - 03:05 PM

Yes, and Europa League as well.

#26 OFFLINE   espnjason

espnjason

Armchair Referee

• Registered
  • 529 posts

Posted 04 January 2013 - 03:12 PM

Hadn't heard that about Speed, although the only thing I ever watched on it is Formula 1 which is going to NBCSN starting with the new season in March. I am wondering how Fox is going to fill Fox Sports 1/2 with content on a national basis unless they make some kind of deal to show a lot of out of market games from their RSNs like Comcast has been doing the last couple of years.

NASCAR has a new deal with FOX that will be through 2022.
http://www.usatoday....00-fox/1634221/

Fox will have the Champions and Europa League rights through May 2015. They will still have English FA Cup matches, Glasgow Celtic, and the Dutch League starting next season.

I wouldn't be surprised if the content from FS+ would morph into the FS-1/2 framework. Add the Super Rugby that is on D*, UFC programming, Fox's new MLB deal on Saturdays, the action sports featured on Fuel and consolidate the programming that is often shown on all of their RSNs, Fox may be in for a good run as a cable network.

Fox needs to bring back the Best Damn Sports Show though.

#27 OFFLINE   Peter305

Peter305

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 1,188 posts

Posted 08 January 2013 - 12:28 PM

NASCAR has a new deal with FOX that will be through 2022.
http://www.usatoday....00-fox/1634221/

Fox will have the Champions and Europa League rights through May 2015. They will still have English FA Cup matches, Glasgow Celtic, and the Dutch League starting next season.

I wouldn't be surprised if the content from FS+ would morph into the FS-1/2 framework. Add the Super Rugby that is on D*, UFC programming, Fox's new MLB deal on Saturdays, the action sports featured on Fuel and consolidate the programming that is often shown on all of their RSNs, Fox may be in for a good run as a cable network.

Fox needs to bring back the Best Damn Sports Show though.

I'm interested in your comment that Fox will be showing Glasgow Celtic games on Fox Soccer next year. Do you have a source for this? There have been a few games on FS Plus this year but not on the main channel.

#28 OFFLINE   espnjason

espnjason

Armchair Referee

• Registered
  • 529 posts

Posted 08 January 2013 - 03:24 PM

I'm interested in your comment that Fox will be showing Glasgow Celtic games on Fox Soccer next year. Do you have a source for this? There have been a few games on FS Plus this year but not on the main channel.

According to the below article, Fox stated that they will honor their contract with the Scottish Premiership through the 2013-14 season. I've made the statement under the assumption that Celtic matches will fill the void of the EPL matches, which is usually 7:45 and 10am on Saturdays.

http://sportsillustr...ml?sct=sc_t2_a9

#29 ONLINE   TJNash

TJNash

AllStar

• Registered
  • 155 posts
  • LocationSan Diego

Posted 08 January 2013 - 05:28 PM

According to the below article, Fox stated that they will honor their contract with the Scottish Premiership through the 2013-14 season. I've made the statement under the assumption that Celtic matches will fill the void of the EPL matches, which is usually 7:45 and 10am on Saturdays.

http://sportsillustr...ml?sct=sc_t2_a9

Even assuming Fox will cannibalize Plus and move SPL games to FSC, why just limit that to Celtic matches? Plus currently doesn't limit its broadcasts to Celtic games, so why would FSC?

#30 OFFLINE   Tonedeaf

Tonedeaf

Legend

• Registered
  • 247 posts

Posted 15 January 2013 - 03:18 PM

Was pleasantly surprised to see that Fox Soccer Channel was working on my Choice Xtra Classic package when I attempted to tune to it this morning. :D

The channel listing online does not show that the channel is an included one with this package though. I was looking at changing packages to see what I would gain or lose between my current package going to Choice Xtra or to Choice. Shows up for Choice Xtra though.
Equipment
HR22-100(VOD/MRV) SWM/DECA connected via HDMI on Panasonic TC-P58S2
HR24-200(VOD/MRV) SWM/DECA connected via HDMI on Panasonic TH-50PZ85U
HR21-700(VOD/MRV) W/AM21 SWM/DECA connected via HDMI to Sony KDL-46V3000
HR22-100(VOD/MRV) SWM/DECA connected via HDMI to Westinghouse 37"LCD
H24-200 SWM connected via HDMI to Samsung 24" LCD

AU9 Dish , SWM-16, SWS-8 Splitter

#31 OFFLINE   shyvoodoo

shyvoodoo

AllStar

• Registered
  • 108 posts

Posted 15 January 2013 - 05:21 PM

Possible reason WHY FSC is now in Choice/Choice Xtra:

http://www.latimes.c...Viewed Stories)

#32 OFFLINE   mws192

mws192

Godfather

• Registered
  • 405 posts

Posted 15 January 2013 - 05:25 PM

Per report, Fox considering rebranding Fox Soccer as FX2, not Fox Sports 2/3. http://www.latimes.c...0,1751598.story

#33 OFFLINE   JoeTheDragon

JoeTheDragon

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 4,230 posts

Posted 15 January 2013 - 07:49 PM

Possible reason WHY FSC is now in Choice/Choice Xtra:

http://www.latimes.c...Viewed Stories)

so will they move it to a new guide spot??

And what about fox movie / FX movie channel?
I want CLTV / CLTV HD on direct tv.

#34 OFFLINE   cfkane

cfkane

AllStar

• Registered
  • 64 posts

Posted 17 January 2013 - 02:10 AM

And what, if anything, happens to Fox Soccer Plus?

#35 OFFLINE   demonstimpy

demonstimpy

Legend

• Registered
  • 140 posts

Posted 20 January 2013 - 01:29 PM

Thanks for the heads up. Just cancelled too. I only had the pack for FSC.
Come next season I'll save another 15 bucks when I am rid of Fox Soccer Plus and it's awful SD picture.
Bein has been poor anyway Constant Real Madrid game. I for one liked watching some the bigger games in the Championship. Shame they won the rights and basically took the league off of TV in the US.
Anyone seen anything new on how NBC plan to show Premier League games?
Intrigued to see how they cover it.

#36 OFFLINE   KyL416

KyL416

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 2,015 posts
  • LocationTobyhanna, PA

Posted 20 January 2013 - 03:16 PM

Hopefully not as bad as their Rugby World cup coverage. Tape delaying many live games just so they can insert extra commercial breaks.

#37 OFFLINE   demonstimpy

demonstimpy

Legend

• Registered
  • 140 posts

Posted 20 January 2013 - 06:27 PM

Let's hope with the amount of money they spent on the rights they do things properly.

#38 OFFLINE   Alexandrepsf

Alexandrepsf

Icon

• Registered
  • 738 posts

Posted 21 January 2013 - 12:28 AM

Thanks for the heads up. Just cancelled too. I only had the pack for FSC.
Come next season I'll save another 15 bucks when I am rid of Fox Soccer Plus and it's awful SD picture.
Bein has been poor anyway Constant Real Madrid game. I for one liked watching some the bigger games in the Championship. Shame they won the rights and basically took the league off of TV in the US.

I am confused. Most of the time shows 2 NPower Championship games per week in addition of a weekly review show, FSC had the same schedule.

I am not a big fan of Bein, but I give the credit of showing 4-5 Spanish and same amount of Italian games per week which is more than GolTV for La Liga and Serie A on FSC. In addition they do the effort of showing some exciting non soccer tournament such as the Handball world championship.

Bein Sport started slow, but they are getting better and better.

NBC would need time to learn and give us same quality of work as FSC. I am worried that we will have a frustrating 2013-1014 EPL season.
DirecTV since 2002
HR34-100
HR22-104
HR23-100
Deca BB
Samsung SmarTV

#39 ONLINE   acostapimps

acostapimps

Hall Of Famer

• DBSTalk Club
  • 1,752 posts
  • LocationIllinois

Posted 21 January 2013 - 12:58 AM

What I really want is beIN Español to be HD, I don't want to pay $13 sports pack for the privilege, since they removed Goltv HD

Directv Genie DVR HR44-700
Directv HD DVR HR24-500
Directv HD Receiver H24-200
Directv Wireless Mini Client C41W-100 (Deactivated)
Directv Standard SD Receiver D12-700 

SWM 16  SWM 8-Way Splitter  SWM 2-Way Splitter  Slimline 5LNB  

Directv Subscriber From 2009-?

#40 OFFLINE   larryharry59

larryharry59

Mentor

• Registered
  • 54 posts

Posted 21 January 2013 - 11:31 AM

What I really want is beIN Español to be HD, I don't want to pay $13 sports pack for the privilege, since they removed Goltv HD

If you have just the spanish packages you won't get EPL games in HD in english because NBC Sports ain't on any spanish packages. Ofcourse that can change from now til next season but Telemundo and Mun2 is where you will have to watch to get EPL.

Protected By... spam firewall...And...