Welcome to DBSTalk

Sign In 

Create Account
Welcome to DBSTalk. Our community covers all aspects of video delivery solutions including: Direct Broadcast Satellite (DBS), Cable Television, and Internet Protocol Television (IPTV). We also have forums to discuss popular television programs, home theater equipment, and internet streaming service providers. Members of our community include experts who can help you solve technical problems, industry professionals, company representatives, and novices who are here to learn.

Like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community. Sign-up is a free and simple process that requires minimal information. Be a part of our community by signing in or creating an account. The Digital Bit Stream starts here!
  • Reply to existing topics or start a discussion of your own
  • Subscribe to topics and forums and get email updates
  • Send private personal messages (PM) to other forum members
  • Customize your profile page and make new friends

Guest Message by DevFuse

Photo
- - - - -

FOX Soccer Channel

• Please log in to reply
131 replies to this topic

#41 OFFLINE   sportflyer

sportflyer

Mentor

• Registered
  • 32 posts

Posted 26 January 2013 - 12:46 PM

This is very interesting: I just removed Sports Package because FSC is now moved to Choice Extra . However I find that I am still getting Ch 620 beInSports more than 24hrs after program change. They did remove USN and other channels . Maybe they will get around to it later in the week.

...Ads Help To Support This SIte...

#42 OFFLINE   Hoosier205

Hoosier205

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 6,596 posts

Posted 26 January 2013 - 12:56 PM

This is very interesting: I just removed Sports Package because FSC is now moved to Choice Extra . However I find that I am still getting Ch 620 beInSports more than 24hrs after program change. They did remove USN and other channels . Maybe they will get around to it later in the week.

It took three days for me to lose beIN HD after dropping the Sports Pack.
DTV = Digital Television

#43 OFFLINE   sportflyer

sportflyer

Mentor

• Registered
  • 32 posts

Posted 26 January 2013 - 06:02 PM

Interesting it takes so long . Usually its pretty fast.

Now I am wondering whether DirecTV would move the future NBC Soccer Channels into the Sports Package .

#44 OFFLINE   acostapimps

acostapimps

Hall Of Famer

• DBSTalk Club
  • 1,631 posts
  • LocationIllinois

Posted 31 January 2013 - 06:44 AM

If you have just the spanish packages you won't get EPL games in HD in english because NBC Sports ain't on any spanish packages. Ofcourse that can change from now til next season but Telemundo and Mun2 is where you will have to watch to get EPL.

I don't trust NBC Sports for any soccer games including EPL too many delays and commercials, but for now i'll have to ask CSR for discount on Sports Pack.

Directv Genie DVR HR44-700
Directv HD DVR HR24-500
Directv HD Receiver H24-200
Directv Wireless Mini Client C41W-100 (Deactivated)
Directv Standard SD Receiver D12-700 

SWM 16  SWM 8-Way Splitter  SWM 2-Way Splitter  Slimline 5LNB  

Directv Subscriber From 2009-?

#45 OFFLINE   TJNash

TJNash

AllStar

• Registered
  • 149 posts
  • LocationSan Diego

Posted 31 January 2013 - 11:53 AM

I don't trust NBC Sports for any soccer games including EPL too many delays and commercials, but for now i'll have to ask CSR for discount on Sports Pack.

"Delays and commercials?" When was the last time you actually watched a soccer game on NBC? They present the game the same as FOX, ESPN, etc.

#46 OFFLINE   RandyOH

RandyOH

• Registered
  • 22 posts

Posted 31 January 2013 - 12:06 PM

IIRC, in the soccer games broadcast at the olympics, NBC Sports inserted commercial breaks during play.

#47 OFFLINE   TJNash

TJNash

AllStar

• Registered
  • 149 posts
  • LocationSan Diego

Posted 31 January 2013 - 12:21 PM

IIRC, in the soccer games broadcast at the olympics, NBC Sports inserted commercial breaks during play.

The dedicated Olympic soccer channel did not air commercials during play. I don't recall seeing any commercials during games on the NBC networks (NBC, NBC Sports, MSNBC), but I suppose a random spot could have found its way into a non US team game.

Everything I have read indicates that NBC Sports will NOT interrupt play of EPL games with commercial breaks. They don't do that with their MLS broadcasts, so I'd be shocked if they did it with the EPL games.

#48 OFFLINE   Peter305

Peter305

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 1,155 posts

Posted 31 January 2013 - 12:26 PM

The dedicated Olympic soccer channel did not air commercials during play. I don't recall seeing any commercials during games on the NBC networks (NBC, NBC Sports, MSNBC), but I suppose a random spot could have found its way into a non US team game.

Everything I have read indicates that NBC Sports will NOT interrupt play of EPL games with commercial breaks. They don't do that with their MLS broadcasts, so I'd be shocked if they did it with the EPL games.

What we do know is that they plan to use both the main NBC channel, NBC Sportsnet and then some of their other channels to handle the games. There are a lot of open questions about how NBC will be presenting the EPL next season, but whether we like it or not they now have the exclusive rights and we will just need to sit tight and see what happens.

It has taken them a while, but they are now doing a very solid job presenting the NHL, and there's no reason to think they wont also do a creditable job with the EPL.

#49 OFFLINE   rwmair

rwmair

Godfather

• Registered
  • 338 posts

Posted 03 February 2013 - 10:53 AM

What we do know is that they plan to use both the main NBC channel, NBC Sportsnet and then some of their other channels to handle the games. There are a lot of open questions about how NBC will be presenting the EPL next season, but whether we like it or not they now have the exclusive rights and we will just need to sit tight and see what happens.

It has taken them a while, but they are now doing a very solid job presenting the NHL, and there's no reason to think they wont also do a creditable job with the EPL.

I agree they'll probably do a good job with the video of the games, bring us most games on a variety of channels none of which cost $15 a month to subscribe to, show them all in HD and not have any or too many commercials.

I'm worried they'll dredge up 10 or more Americans (some of whom have never called soccer before) to do the commentary off the TV screens instead of contracting English commentators (like ESPN did with Ian Darke) or using the world feed with commentators based at the grounds. But I guess we'll have to wait till August to find out!

#50 OFFLINE   donalddickerson2005

donalddickerson2005

Legend

• Registered
  • 230 posts

Posted 03 February 2013 - 01:44 PM

I called last night and got fox soccer plus and also the basic spanish package for the foxd espnd and goltv I told them that all i wanted was the soccer channels and i paid full price for fox soccer plus and got the spanish package for free.

#51 OFFLINE   bigwilly087

bigwilly087

AllStar

• Registered
  • 66 posts

Posted 03 February 2013 - 01:55 PM

I agree they'll probably do a good job with the video of the games, bring us most games on a variety of channels none of which cost $15 a month to subscribe to, show them all in HD and not have any or too many commercials.

I'm worried they'll dredge up 10 or more Americans (some of whom have never called soccer before) to do the commentary off the TV screens instead of contracting English commentators (like ESPN did with Ian Darke) or using the world feed with commentators based at the grounds. But I guess we'll have to wait till August to find out!

I can't provide I quote because I can't remember where I read it, but shortly after they acquired the rights the head of NBC Sports said that they hear clearly from fans that they want the game presented by those from the UK, and they said they hear the message loud and clear and that's the direction they are going.

#52 OFFLINE   iceburg02

iceburg02

AllStar

• Registered
  • 69 posts

Posted 04 February 2013 - 08:30 AM

I'm worried they'll dredge up 10 or more Americans (some of whom have never called soccer before) to do the commentary off the TV screens instead of contracting English commentators (like ESPN did with Ian Darke) or using the world feed with commentators based at the grounds.

this

#53 OFFLINE   rwmair

rwmair

Godfather

• Registered
  • 338 posts

Posted 05 February 2013 - 09:30 AM

I can't provide I quote because I can't remember where I read it, but shortly after they acquired the rights the head of NBC Sports said that they hear clearly from fans that they want the game presented by those from the UK, and they said they hear the message loud and clear and that's the direction they are going.

I never saw/read this, but its very promising if they deliver on this!

#54 OFFLINE   shyvoodoo

shyvoodoo

AllStar

• Registered
  • 108 posts

Posted 05 February 2013 - 09:50 AM

This is my biggest fear also.. JP Dellacamera is the voice of American soccer. I don't want to hear him do the Manchester Derby.. Just PLEASE NBC don't get the "we know what americans want" attitude and bring in a bunch of former soccer players in to do "expert commentary"..

#55 OFFLINE   cmasia

cmasia

Icon

• Registered
  • 691 posts

Posted 05 February 2013 - 11:24 AM

Here's a reason to be thankful Fox is losing the EPL.

http://www.awfulanno...p-coverage.html

The Champions League and FA Cup matches the next 2 years will be impossible to watch...

#56 OFFLINE   donalddickerson2005

donalddickerson2005

Legend

• Registered
  • 230 posts

Posted 06 February 2013 - 04:52 PM

Here's a reason to be thankful Fox is losing the EPL.

http://www.awfulanno...p-coverage.html

The Champions League and FA Cup matches the next 2 years will be impossible to watch...

Yes it might sound better but you have to think about how much NBC messes up the Olympics every other year. I think that they will break up the halves in to 10 minute spots so needless to say I think it will not be live.

#57 OFFLINE   TJNash

TJNash

AllStar

• Registered
  • 149 posts
  • LocationSan Diego

Posted 06 February 2013 - 07:30 PM

Yes it might sound better but you have to think about how much NBC messes up the Olympics every other year. I think that they will break up the halves in to 10 minute spots so needless to say I think it will not be live.

Everything NBC Sports has said about its planned EPL coverage indicates you are WAY off with your speculation. Every game tape delayed? Really?

#58 OFFLINE   donalddickerson2005

donalddickerson2005

Legend

• Registered
  • 230 posts

Posted 06 February 2013 - 08:50 PM

Everything NBC Sports has said about its planned EPL coverage indicates you are WAY off with your speculation. Every game tape delayed? Really?

OK but just wait till you here the announcers say we have to go to a commercial break. I hope I am wrong. But I hope going forward bein sports gets more live games.

#59 OFFLINE   acostapimps

acostapimps

Hall Of Famer

• DBSTalk Club
  • 1,631 posts
  • LocationIllinois

Posted 06 February 2013 - 09:20 PM

I rather watch soccer games on ESPN or FOX than NBC, too much emphasize on commercials, but then again I have the Spanish package and doesn't carry NBC Sports anyway so no way of knowing how they handle soccer games compared to other sports on the main network.

Directv Genie DVR HR44-700
Directv HD DVR HR24-500
Directv HD Receiver H24-200
Directv Wireless Mini Client C41W-100 (Deactivated)
Directv Standard SD Receiver D12-700 

SWM 16  SWM 8-Way Splitter  SWM 2-Way Splitter  Slimline 5LNB  

Directv Subscriber From 2009-?

#60 OFFLINE   donalddickerson2005

donalddickerson2005

Legend

• Registered
  • 230 posts

Posted 06 February 2013 - 09:39 PM

I rather watch soccer games on ESPN or FOX than NBC, too much emphasize on commercials, but then again I have the Spanish package and doesn't carry NBC Sports anyway so no way of knowing how they handle soccer games compared to other sports on the main network.

I have premium package along with fox soccer and I called and was given the 400 series that should be 14.99 for free. So I know that the Spanish networks do a better job and I don't even understand Spanish.

Protected By... spam firewall...And...