Welcome to DBSTalk

Sign In 

Create Account
Welcome to DBSTalk, like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community, but don't worry this is a simple free process that requires minimal information for you to signup. Be a part of DBSTalk by signing in or creating an account.
  • Start new topics and reply to others
  • Subscribe to topics and forums to get email updates
  • Get your own profile page and make new friends
  • Send personal messages to other members.

Guest Message by DevFuse

Photo
- - - - -

FOX Soccer Channel

• Please log in to reply
131 replies to this topic

#81 OFFLINE   donalddickerson2005

donalddickerson2005

Legend

• Registered
  • 230 posts

Posted 09 February 2013 - 09:26 AM

They used experienced announcers during every Summer Olympics. There's no reason for them to change. Save the paranoia for politics.

Up until we see what happens any change looks bad. Looking at it with fox keeping some leagues maybe we will get MORE games just a thought.

...Ads Help To Support This SIte...

#82 OFFLINE   shyvoodoo

shyvoodoo

AllStar

• Registered
  • 97 posts

Posted 09 February 2013 - 06:51 PM

Up until we see what happens any change looks bad. Looking at it with fox keeping some leagues maybe we will get MORE games just a thought.

Personally i hope FOX gets the rights to the brazilian and german leagues when their contracts are up on GOLTV...

Ben
Voodoo

#83 OFFLINE   donalddickerson2005

donalddickerson2005

Legend

• Registered
  • 230 posts

Posted 09 February 2013 - 07:05 PM

Personally i hope FOX gets the rights to the brazilian and german leagues when their contracts are up on GOLTV...

Ben
Voodoo

Well I got GOL for free I told them why should I buy the Spanish package to just get 2 channels GOL and espnd they credited my account $100 and told me to call back in 5 months to get it free again or credited again.

#84 OFFLINE   bigwilly087

bigwilly087

AllStar

• Registered
  • 61 posts

Posted 11 February 2013 - 12:20 PM

They used experienced announcers during every Summer Olympics. There's no reason for them to change. Save the paranoia for politics.

http://epltalk.com/2...action_ref_map=[]

#85 OFFLINE   donalddickerson2005

donalddickerson2005

Legend

• Registered
  • 230 posts

Posted 11 February 2013 - 02:22 PM

http://epltalk.com/2...action_ref_map=[]

Now the question that I want to know is how many games will be on tv. Kind of wish they had soccer set up like CI or EI that way I could watch the game of my choice.

#86 OFFLINE   cmasia

cmasia

Icon

• Registered
  • 639 posts

Posted 11 February 2013 - 04:33 PM

Now the question that I want to know is how many games will be on tv. Kind of wish they had soccer set up like CI or EI that way I could watch the game of my choice.

NBC has been very quiet about their plans, and with 6 months until they launch their coverage, this should not be a surprise.

Fox was paying about $23,000,000 per year for their rights, and NBCU is paying over $80,000,000 per year.
I doubt they spent that money to NOT show the games.

At the time the contract was announced, there was an interview in SI with NBC's chairman which did give us some coverage hints.

http://sportsillustr...eal/index.html#

From the article:

EPL clubs play 38 league matches over a 41-week period from August to May. The league has six traditional weekly broadcast windows, including three on Saturday, two on Sunday and one on Monday. According to Lazarus, broadcasts on those windows add up to about 200 games per season. Lazarus said the remaining 180 games will be made available "digitally or through some sort of arrangement with MVPDs (multichannel video programming distributors) on some sort of pay television package."

#87 OFFLINE   donalddickerson2005

donalddickerson2005

Legend

• Registered
  • 230 posts

Posted 11 February 2013 - 04:41 PM

NBC has been very quiet about their plans, and with 6 months until they launch their coverage, this should not be a surprise.

Fox was paying about $23,000,000 per year for their rights, and NBCU is paying over $80,000,000 per year.
I doubt they spent that money to NOT show the games.

At the time the contract was announced, there was an interview in SI with NBC's chairman which did give us some coverage hints.

http://sportsillustr...eal/index.html#

From the article:

EPL clubs play 38 league matches over a 41-week period from August to May. The league has six traditional weekly broadcast windows, including three on Saturday, two on Sunday and one on Monday. According to Lazarus, broadcasts on those windows add up to about 200 games per season. Lazarus said the remaining 180 games will be made available "digitally or through some sort of arrangement with MVPDs (multichannel video programming distributors) on some sort of pay television package."

I hope you are right I am fine with paying $15 for soccer. Does a anyone know what all stations besides NBC and NBCS would be able to cover the rest of the games. I'm the type of person that would love to see on TV all the games I am not into the hooking up the Xbox for these programs.

#88 OFFLINE   KyL416

KyL416

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 1,658 posts
  • LocationTobyhanna, PA

Posted 11 February 2013 - 04:54 PM

I hope you are right I am fine with paying $15 for soccer. Does a anyone know what all stations besides NBC and NBCS would be able to cover the rest of the games. I'm the type of person that would love to see on TV all the games I am not into the hooking up the Xbox for these programs.

Those are probably the only two unless they want to start showing some on USA, CNBC or msnbc on weekends. They could also syndicate them to RSNs like Fox does for some UEFA games on FSN.

#89 OFFLINE   cmasia

cmasia

Icon

• Registered
  • 639 posts

Posted 11 February 2013 - 05:13 PM

Those are probably the only two unless they want to start showing some on USA, CNBC or msnbc on weekends. They could also syndicate them to RSNs like Fox does for some UEFA games on FSN.

NBC did utilize CNBC last year for the NHL Playoffs, and as I mentioned in the "Anticipation" thread, I think they should promote Universal Sports by airing games there.

From a scheduling standpoint, there is only one "window" per week necessitating more than 2 channels.

Saturdays, at 10:00AM Eastern time, there are anywhere from 3 to 6 matches being played.

#90 OFFLINE   donalddickerson2005

donalddickerson2005

Legend

• Registered
  • 230 posts

Posted 11 February 2013 - 05:22 PM

NBC did utilize CNBC last year for the NHL Playoffs, and as I mentioned in the "Anticipation" thread, I think they should promote Universal Sports by airing games there.

From a scheduling standpoint, there is only one "window" per week necessitating more than 2 channels.

Saturdays, at 10:00AM Eastern time, there are anywhere from 3 to 6 matches being played.

I hope NBC does soccer as good or better than fox. And I also hope fox gets the rights to cricket is love to see that on fox 1-2. Maybe with NBC covering EPL fox might show a lot more of the so called lower level soccer series.

#91 OFFLINE   BuffaloTF

BuffaloTF

Cool Member

• Registered
  • 20 posts

Posted 11 February 2013 - 06:13 PM

CNBC would be prime for use on the weekend. Markets are closed.

I'm kinda hoping Fox continues with their Rugby (union, personally) coverage that they have thru Setanta now on FSP. It seems to be on the uptick for popularity thru college play... and the US is actually competitive in Sevens, which joins the Olympics in Rio... and may be pressing to qualify for the World Cup in 15s...

#92 OFFLINE   donalddickerson2005

donalddickerson2005

Legend

• Registered
  • 230 posts

Posted 11 February 2013 - 07:44 PM

CNBC would be prime for use on the weekend. Markets are closed.

I'm kinda hoping Fox continues with their Rugby (union, personally) coverage that they have thru Setanta now on FSP. It seems to be on the uptick for popularity thru college play... and the US is actually competitive in Sevens, which joins the Olympics in Rio... and may be pressing to qualify for the World Cup in 15s...

Yes rugby seems the logical choice or more soccer from other areas. But what I would love to see is fox sports 1-2 cover cricket matches.

#93 OFFLINE   TJNash

TJNash

AllStar

• Registered
  • 134 posts
  • LocationSan Diego

Posted 12 February 2013 - 09:19 AM

Yes rugby seems the logical choice or more soccer from other areas. But what I would love to see is fox sports 1-2 cover cricket matches.

I suppose anything is possible, but cricket would be highly unlikely. The sport has zero traction in this country.

#94 OFFLINE   BuffaloTF

BuffaloTF

Cool Member

• Registered
  • 20 posts

Posted 12 February 2013 - 09:57 AM

I suppose anything is possible, but cricket would be highly unlikely. The sport has zero traction in this country.

It has a little... very niche outside of Indian and British transplants tho. There's quite a large adult league in DC. They play at the tidal basin constantly. Twenty20 would probably do well if they took time to educate people... a full Test may be too much tho.

#95 OFFLINE   shyvoodoo

shyvoodoo

AllStar

• Registered
  • 97 posts

Posted 12 February 2013 - 01:48 PM

OK but just wait till you here the announcers say we have to go to a commercial break. I hope I am wrong. But I hope going forward bein sports gets more live games.

I like what bein sport has been doing so far EXCEPT for one thing, the handling of the NPower Championship. My god they dont even show midweek fixtures. The coverage is absolute dreadful really.. Why spend money on rights to a league you barely show?? Were just buying rights just because they had the money to?? Give up the rights to someone else because this is absolutely ridiculous..

Ben
Voodoo

#96 OFFLINE   donalddickerson2005

donalddickerson2005

Legend

• Registered
  • 230 posts

Posted 12 February 2013 - 02:07 PM

I like what bein sport has been doing so far EXCEPT for one thing, the handling of the NPower Championship. My god they dont even show midweek fixtures. The coverage is absolute dreadful really.. Why spend money on rights to a league you barely show?? Were just buying rights just because they had the money to?? Give up the rights to someone else because this is absolutely ridiculous..

Ben
Voodoo

The problem I have with BeIn sports is the announcers in handball. I know that this is a new network and handball is new to most people but dang you can wait more than 2 minutes to remind me of that fact.
Cricket would become HUGE if it was to get covered in the correct way.

#97 OFFLINE   BuffaloTF

BuffaloTF

Cool Member

• Registered
  • 20 posts

Posted 12 February 2013 - 03:13 PM

Ben
Voodoo

I believe the original intent was to mirror their French setup... 3 channels total. We ended up with just 2.

#98 OFFLINE   Ed Campbell

Ed Campbell

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 1,265 posts

Posted 13 February 2013 - 12:36 PM

Seems to me NBC even added in Bravo and a few others for football coverage during the Olympics.

Maybe I should get a 2nd HR34. :)

#99 OFFLINE   cmasia

cmasia

Icon

• Registered
  • 639 posts

Posted 13 February 2013 - 01:11 PM

I hope NBC does soccer as good or better than fox.

Here's an update on NBCU's coverage of the Barclay's Premier League. Nothing is written in stone, but it appears NBCU recognizes the importance of local commentary.

http://epltalk.com/2...ge-says-source/

#100 OFFLINE   TomK

TomK

Godfather

• Registered
  • 370 posts

Posted 13 February 2013 - 02:44 PM

And another article as well detailing what is known so far:

http://epltalk.com/2...league-2013-16/

spam firewall