Welcome to DBSTalk

Sign In 

Create Account
Welcome to DBSTalk. Our community covers all aspects of video delivery solutions including: Direct Broadcast Satellite (DBS), Cable Television, and Internet Protocol Television (IPTV). We also have forums to discuss popular television programs, home theater equipment, and internet streaming service providers. Members of our community include experts who can help you solve technical problems, industry professionals, company representatives, and novices who are here to learn.

Like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community. Sign-up is a free and simple process that requires minimal information. Be a part of our community by signing in or creating an account. The Digital Bit Stream starts here!
  • Reply to existing topics or start a discussion of your own
  • Subscribe to topics and forums and get email updates
  • Send private personal messages (PM) to other forum members
  • Customize your profile page and make new friends

Guest Message by DevFuse

Photo
- - - - -

FOX Soccer Channel

• Please log in to reply
131 replies to this topic

#101 OFFLINE   donalddickerson2005

donalddickerson2005

Legend

• Registered
  • 230 posts

Posted 13 February 2013 - 05:30 PM

Seems to me NBC even added in Bravo and a few others for football coverage during the Olympics.

Maybe I should get a 2nd HR34. :)

If they cover every single game I will be extremely!!!!!! Happy.
I am in a wait and see approach.
To bad DirecTV can't get the rights and put ALL the games on for us.

...Ads Help To Support This SIte...

#102 OFFLINE   adkinsjm

adkinsjm

Icon

• Registered
  • 914 posts

Posted 13 February 2013 - 11:36 PM

If they cover every single game I will be extremely!!!!!! Happy.
I am in a wait and see approach.
To bad DirecTV can't get the rights and put ALL the games on for us.

Because it would be a real smart move to pay $80 million per year for the rights to something that would return far less than that.

#103 OFFLINE   donalddickerson2005

donalddickerson2005

Legend

• Registered
  • 230 posts

Posted 14 February 2013 - 07:08 AM

Because it would be a real smart move to pay $80 million per year for the rights to something that would return far less than that.

Well how much does DirecTV pay for the 4 golf majors and the tennis matches that are only on DirecTV.

#104 OFFLINE   BuffaloTF

BuffaloTF

Cool Member

• Registered
  • 22 posts

Posted 14 February 2013 - 12:52 PM

Well how much does DirecTV pay for the 4 golf majors and the tennis matches that are only on DirecTV.

Probably not too much. They're all available to other carriers and network TV still. DirecTV's deals are for additional coverage. Tennis majors show all the non-featured matches, and the featured matches are often duplicates of the Tennis Channel or whatever other channel may be carrying it at that time. Same for golf... except they're essentially taking the raw feeds that the networks switch to and from and leave them on throughout the day without interruption.

#105 OFFLINE   donalddickerson2005

donalddickerson2005

Legend

• Registered
  • 230 posts

Posted 14 February 2013 - 05:52 PM

Probably not too much. They're all available to other carriers and network TV still. DirecTV's deals are for additional coverage. Tennis majors show all the non-featured matches, and the featured matches are often duplicates of the Tennis Channel or whatever other channel may be carrying it at that time. Same for golf... except they're essentially taking the raw feeds that the networks switch to and from and leave them on throughout the day without interruption.

OK I'm with you there but way can't they do soccer like every week like they did today with the UEFA channels.

#106 ONLINE   TJNash

TJNash

AllStar

• Registered
  • 138 posts
  • LocationSan Diego

Posted 14 February 2013 - 05:56 PM

OK I'm with you there but way can't they do soccer like every week like they did today with the UEFA channels.

If you were actually following along with what he said, you'd realize cost is why they can't do soccer every week like they do with the UEFA channels. NBC is paying over $80 million a year for EPL rights. You actually expect D* to pay that kind of cash? Excess EPL games will not come cheap. Europa League games do.

#107 OFFLINE   BuffaloTF

BuffaloTF

Cool Member

• Registered
  • 22 posts

Posted 15 February 2013 - 05:59 PM

I think they would need a deal directly with Comcast to show anything that may not be live on one of the NBC family of channels. That might not be impossible, but 2 things come to mind... it may not be on the table, and Comcast may try to push other things along with it - maybe Esquire TV (G4) for example.

#108 OFFLINE   JoeTheDragon

JoeTheDragon

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 4,145 posts

Posted 15 February 2013 - 06:26 PM

I think they would need a deal directly with Comcast to show anything that may not be live on one of the NBC family of channels. That might not be impossible, but 2 things come to mind... it may not be on the table, and Comcast may try to push other things along with it - maybe Esquire TV (G4) for example.

maybe not they did not put the NHL or olympics on it.
I want CLTV / CLTV HD on direct tv.

#109 OFFLINE   donalddickerson2005

donalddickerson2005

Legend

• Registered
  • 230 posts

Posted 20 February 2013 - 08:30 PM

If you were actually following along with what he said, you'd realize cost is why they can't do soccer every week like they do with the UEFA channels. NBC is paying over $80 million a year for EPL rights. You actually expect D* to pay that kind of cash? Excess EPL games will not come cheap. Europa League games do.

All I want is ALL the games on at one time. Hell I'd pay for something like NBA NHL mob NFL package so I could see every game.

#110 OFFLINE   RandyOH

RandyOH

• Registered
  • 20 posts

Posted 21 February 2013 - 09:53 AM

This is just personal preference; but, I would rather not have all the games airing at once across several channels. Soccer is unlike the North American sports (excluding hockey) where you can switch back-and-forth between games and not feel like you missed much of importance. For me, when watching soccer or hockey, I like to watch the entire game; because since the scoring is infrequent, you're likely to miss the goal.

With the games airing on 2 or 3 channels now, I can DVR the games I want to see. If they aired 7 games at once, I would probably not be able to do that.

#111 OFFLINE   donalddickerson2005

donalddickerson2005

Legend

• Registered
  • 230 posts

Posted 21 February 2013 - 01:25 PM

This is just personal preference; but, I would rather not have all the games airing at once across several channels. Soccer is unlike the North American sports (excluding hockey) where you can switch back-and-forth between games and not feel like you missed much of importance. For me, when watching soccer or hockey, I like to watch the entire game; because since the scoring is infrequent, you're likely to miss the goal.

With the games airing on 2 or 3 channels now, I can DVR the games I want to see. If they aired 7 games at once, I would probably not be able to do that.

Well for a person like you get 2 new DVRs then you can record 10 at a time. I go and check out all the games and then switch it about every 5-10 minutes so I can view all of them.

#112 OFFLINE   cfkane

cfkane

AllStar

• Registered
  • 63 posts

Posted 22 February 2013 - 01:40 AM

Well for a person like you get 2 new DVRs then you can record 10 at a time. I go and check out all the games and then switch it about every 5-10 minutes so I can view all of them.

I will sometimes watch different games, but mainly watch Manchester United games. They are the only ones I really care about live.

#113 OFFLINE   Ed Campbell

Ed Campbell

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 1,271 posts

Posted 26 February 2013 - 12:55 PM

Piss me off, again, today. Set to record FA Cup replay. Set to record superclassico happening in Copa del Rey. Notice there's a live match from the SPL - and that it's only listed for the SD channel. Baloney!

I pay for the sub to FS+ and keep hearing everything live will arrive in HD. And then it doesn't.

#114 OFFLINE   larryharry59

larryharry59

Mentor

• Registered
  • 54 posts

Posted 26 February 2013 - 07:01 PM

Most definitely the scottish match tomorrow with Celtic and Motherwell will be in HD.

#115 ONLINE   TJNash

TJNash

AllStar

• Registered
  • 138 posts
  • LocationSan Diego

Posted 26 February 2013 - 07:45 PM

Most definitely the scottish match tomorrow with Celtic and Motherwell will be in HD.

Not according to the on-screen guide. With the exception of last season's Old Firm game which aired on Fox Soccer, I can't recall D* showing any SPL match in HD on FS+.

#116 OFFLINE   donalddickerson2005

donalddickerson2005

Legend

• Registered
  • 230 posts

Posted 26 February 2013 - 08:04 PM

Piss me off, again, today. Set to record FA Cup replay. Set to record superclassico happening in Copa del Rey. Notice there's a live match from the SPL - and that it's only listed for the SD channel. Baloney!

I pay for the sub to FS+ and keep hearing everything live will arrive in HD. And then it doesn't.

I tried to watch it today and there is a reason we pay for the HD it is to get it.
Hr34-700 living room
C31-700 bedroom
H23-600 family room

#117 OFFLINE   Ed Campbell

Ed Campbell

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 1,271 posts

Posted 27 February 2013 - 07:59 AM

Guide still says "to be announced".

#118 ONLINE   wolvesjohnblack

wolvesjohnblack

Cool Member

• Registered
  • 41 posts

Posted 27 February 2013 - 08:43 AM

Last hd Spl Hd on Fox Soccer was late last season Rangers-Celtic on FSC.The plus spl matches are always sd.

#119 OFFLINE   Ed Campbell

Ed Campbell

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 1,271 posts

Posted 27 February 2013 - 01:50 PM

Guide still says "to be announced".

Like I said...No HD.

#120 OFFLINE   Barcthespark

Barcthespark

Godfather

• Topic Starter
  • Registered
  • 364 posts

Posted 14 March 2013 - 05:38 PM

Australian Football League NAB Cup championship is on in HD Friday morning at 3:30 AM Central! Regular season begins next weekend. :)

spam firewall