Welcome to DBSTalk

Sign In 

Create Account
Welcome to DBSTalk, like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community, but don't worry this is a simple free process that requires minimal information for you to signup. Be a part of DBSTalk by signing in or creating an account.
  • Start new topics and reply to others
  • Subscribe to topics and forums to get email updates
  • Get your own profile page and make new friends
  • Send personal messages to other members.

Guest Message by DevFuse

Photo
- - - - -

FOX Soccer Channel

• Please log in to reply
131 replies to this topic

#121 OFFLINE   lokar

lokar

Icon

• Registered
  • 643 posts

Posted 28 March 2013 - 03:14 PM

http://www.imdb.com/news/ni50043652/

I wonder if Fox Soccer Plus will just go away seeing as how Fox Soccer is going away for all intents and purposes.

...Ads Help To Support This SIte...

#122 OFFLINE   Barcthespark

Barcthespark

Godfather

• Topic Starter
  • Registered
  • 361 posts

Posted 28 March 2013 - 08:06 PM

If it does I hope the AFL finds a new and less expensive home.

#123 OFFLINE   noahproblem

noahproblem

Legend

• Registered
  • 107 posts

Posted 29 March 2013 - 08:40 AM

If it does I hope the AFL finds a new and less expensive home.

I'd love to see D* pick this up and show all the games (like they do with Super Rugby), but I'm not holding my breath. Heck, they could make it a ST-like pay package and I'd still be interested.

#124 OFFLINE   fsquid

fsquid

Godfather

• Registered
  • 331 posts

Posted 29 March 2013 - 11:49 AM

Guess I'll be getting rid of the sports pack once the EPL season finishes.

#125 OFFLINE   Barcthespark

Barcthespark

Godfather

• Topic Starter
  • Registered
  • 361 posts

Posted 29 March 2013 - 12:56 PM

I'd love to see D* pick this up and show all the games (like they do with Super Rugby), but I'm not holding my breath. Heck, they could make it a ST-like pay package and I'd still be interested.

Me too. I'm already paying for online streaming and Fox Soccer Plus. I'd love to be able to drop the streaming for a D* pay package.

#126 OFFLINE   Ed Campbell

Ed Campbell

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 1,265 posts

Posted 29 March 2013 - 01:15 PM

+1

#127 OFFLINE   donalddickerson2005

donalddickerson2005

Legend

• Registered
  • 230 posts

Posted 29 March 2013 - 04:07 PM

Guess I'll be getting rid of the sports pack once the EPL season finishes.

After rugby for me. I think DirecTV will take it away as a package in 6 months. But I do see a NBC package soon because they will have the soccer next year.
Hr34-700 living room
C31-700 bedroom
H23-600 family room

#128 OFFLINE   TJNash

TJNash

AllStar

• Registered
  • 134 posts
  • LocationSan Diego

Posted 29 March 2013 - 05:16 PM

After rugby for me. I think DirecTV will take it away as a package in 6 months. But I do see a NBC package soon because they will have the soccer next year.

On what basis will Directv take away the sports pack in 6 months?:nono:

#129 OFFLINE   KyL416

KyL416

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 1,660 posts
  • LocationTobyhanna, PA

Posted 29 March 2013 - 05:28 PM

It isn't going away anytime soon. It's the only way to get beIN, ESPN Classic, Outdoor Channel, TVG, Universal Sports as well as the only way to get non-pro sports programming from out of market RSNs (Highlight shows, high school, college games, morning radio shows some of them air, and in some markets where there is no FSN affiliated RSN it's the only way to get their national programming like the UEFA games) It's also used to give outer ring coverage for some teams for select RSNs. I don't know the full list of channels, but it also gives you some other sports channels if your base package doesn't have them like Univision Deportes.

Not to mention, Fox Soccer isn't even in the package anymore, it moved to Xtra earlier this year.

#130 OFFLINE   LMckin

LMckin

Godfather

• Registered
  • 271 posts

Posted 29 March 2013 - 08:07 PM

Fox Soccer Channel Rebrand to FXX September 1

http://www.nytimes.c...wanted=all&_r=0

Directv Subscriber From May 2003 to December 9,2013

Charter Cable Subscriber Since December 9,2013
HomePage

#131 OFFLINE   fsquid

fsquid

Godfather

• Registered
  • 331 posts

Posted 01 April 2013 - 12:35 PM

I don't believe I need the Sports Pack to get the Super Rugby, but it doesn't matter. I called to cancel and they are comping me for 6 months.

#132 OFFLINE   JoeTheDragon

JoeTheDragon

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 4,089 posts

Posted 01 April 2013 - 06:15 PM

It isn't going away anytime soon. It's the only way to get beIN, ESPN Classic, Outdoor Channel, TVG, Universal Sports as well as the only way to get non-pro sports programming from out of market RSNs (Highlight shows, high school, college games, morning radio shows some of them air, and in some markets where there is no FSN affiliated RSN it's the only way to get their national programming like the UEFA games) It's also used to give outer ring coverage for some teams for select RSNs. I don't know the full list of channels, but it also gives you some other sports channels if your base package doesn't have them like Univision Deportes.

Not to mention, Fox Soccer isn't even in the package anymore, it moved to Xtra earlier this year.

TVG is in Xtra or at least the old xtra pack.
I want CLTV / CLTV HD on direct tv.

spam firewall