Welcome to DBSTalk

Sign In 

Create Account
Welcome to DBSTalk. Our community covers all aspects of video delivery solutions including: Direct Broadcast Satellite (DBS), Cable Television, and Internet Protocol Television (IPTV). We also have forums to discuss popular television programs, home theater equipment, and internet streaming service providers. Members of our community include experts who can help you solve technical problems, industry professionals, company representatives, and novices who are here to learn.

Like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community. Sign-up is a free and simple process that requires minimal information. Be a part of our community by signing in or creating an account. The Digital Bit Stream starts here!
  • Reply to existing topics or start a discussion of your own
  • Subscribe to topics and forums and get email updates
  • Send private personal messages (PM) to other forum members
  • Customize your profile page and make new friends

Guest Message by DevFuse

Photo
- - - - -

Multiple HR34s on one account

• Please log in to reply
100 replies to this topic

#1 OFFLINE   Christopher Gould

Christopher Gould

Icon

• Registered
  • 816 posts

Posted 02 January 2013 - 03:47 PM

In other threads there was a rumor that this might happen this year. Anybody have an educated guess to the time frame. I would like to cut back from 3 dvrs(hr34 and 2 hr21s) to 2 hr34s.

...Ads Help To Support This SIte...

#2 OFFLINE   RunnerFL

RunnerFL

Hall Of Fame

• DBSTalk Club
  • 16,000 posts

Posted 02 January 2013 - 04:15 PM

Nothing has changed and there hasn't been an announcement of any change to come.
THIS SPACE FOR RENT

#3 OFFLINE   JBv

JBv

Godfather

• Registered
  • 897 posts
  • LocationTulsa, OK

Posted 02 January 2013 - 04:21 PM

Yep, and its not even possible to have multiple HR34s active on an account anymore. You had two active and one died? You can't activate a replacement!

This is now enforced by the system. Maybe some day, though.
DirecTV Employee
The postings on this site are my own and do not represent DirecTV's positions, strategies, or opinions.

#4 OFFLINE   Steve Rhodes

Steve Rhodes

Godfather

• Registered
  • 318 posts

Posted 01 February 2013 - 10:56 PM

Yep, and its not even possible to have multiple HR34s active on an account anymore. You had two active and one died? You can't activate a replacement!

This is now enforced by the system. Maybe some day, though.

I don't get it. If I want to pay for three or four or five of them, why don't take my money as their customer and say thank you!, what else can we do to make you happy?

#5 OFFLINE   boukengreen

boukengreen

Legend

• Registered
  • 350 posts

Posted 02 February 2013 - 12:50 AM

I don't get it. If I want to pay for three or four or five of them, why don't take my money as their customer and say thank you!, what else can we do to make you happy?

making sure they had enough for everyone who wanted one and/or making sure there are no bugs with multiple genies and clients getting wrong singles from the genie like its paired to one but picks up the other one would be my best guess.
There are some things arrows can't kill, for everything else there's Master Sword.

#6 OFFLINE   acostapimps

acostapimps

Hall Of Famer

• DBSTalk Club
  • 1,837 posts
  • LocationIllinois

Posted 02 February 2013 - 03:18 AM

I guess depending on the number of receivers 2 can be used(with the 2nd one purchased from retailer) but needs SWM16 even with 2 HR34's alone, unless D** doesn't allow that.

Directv Genie DVR HR44-700
Directv HD DVR HR24-500
Directv HD Receiver H24-200
Directv Wireless Mini Client C41W-100 (Deactivated)
Directv Standard SD Receiver D12-700 

SWM 16  SWM 8-Way Splitter  SWM 2-Way Splitter  Slimline 5LNB  

Directv Subscriber From 2009-?

#7 OFFLINE   RunnerFL

RunnerFL

Hall Of Fame

• DBSTalk Club
  • 16,000 posts

Posted 02 February 2013 - 07:00 AM

I guess depending on the number of receivers 2 can be used(with the 2nd one purchased from retailer) but needs SWM16 even with 2 HR34's alone, unless D** doesn't allow that.

They are still not allowing more than one Genie on an account.
THIS SPACE FOR RENT

#8 OFFLINE   usnret

usnret

Icon

• Registered
  • 587 posts

Posted 02 February 2013 - 08:28 AM

Maybe when they introduce the hr44 we can get a 2nd 34??
Life isn't about waiting for the storm to pass. It's about learning to dance in the rain.

#9 OFFLINE   Jerry_K

Jerry_K

Godfather

• Registered
  • 433 posts

Posted 02 February 2013 - 08:31 AM

Maybe when they introduce the hr44 we can get a 2nd 34??

Or a 34 and 44 pair.
Genie (nee HR34) 2TB Internal, Magnavox NR1601, Sharp 40" LED
HR24 2TB Internal, Magnavox NR1501, Sansui 32" LCD

#10 OFFLINE   Sixto

Sixto

Hall Of Fame

• DBSTalk Club
  • 12,093 posts

Posted 02 February 2013 - 10:18 AM

There are possibly several items that need to be considered ... RVU with multiple servers, both UI and authentication ... RVU Genie-to-Genie MRV ... Multiple suppliers for adequate supply during promotions ... SWiM-16 ($) requirement/investment ... to name a few ...
DirecTV: Genie HR44, H25, CCK, GenioGo, SWiM-16 & SWiM-8, DECA to Gigabit Switch with FiOS (75/75)
FiOS: Roamio Pro's (2), Roamio Plus, Mini's (4) with Ultimate HD (My Roamio Thoughts)

#11 OFFLINE   Drucifer

Drucifer

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 8,111 posts
  • LocationNY Hudson Valley

Posted 02 February 2013 - 11:26 AM

Think the issue is with the C31 only being able to see 1 HR34 as a server.

I'm looking to to upgrade my HR21 to HR44, but would I make due with the next generation HR2x if it had a lot larger HDD and a Series Manager not limited by a ridiculous low number.
DREW
Do it Right, Do it Once
LR: HR34-7, Den: HR24-1, MB: HR24-5, Bsm: HR24-2, Kit: H25-5
PrimeStar '95, DirecTV  '00

#12 OFFLINE   macfan601

macfan601

Legend

• Registered
  • 180 posts

Posted 02 February 2013 - 12:43 PM

Think the issue is with the C31 only being able to see 1 HR34 as a server.

I'm looking to to upgrade my HR21 to HR44, but would I make due with the next generation HR2x if it had a lot larger HDD and a Series Manager not limited by a ridiculous low number.

This is the problem with Directv's one size fits all attitude. I don't have any C31s in my system and I never will. I don't like the idea behind them or the fact that they use a tuner from the HR34. I get far more function from another DVR like my HR24 plus added hard drive space. So if I am willing to pay for the SWM16 upgrade and don't want a HR44 ( I do not like the wireless idea, the external power pack, or the new remote) why should I be limited to just one HR34 when I don't have any C31s? Some people on DBS have already been able to get two HR34s activated before the ban was put in place so we know two can work together. I hate this idea that Directv knows what is best for me.

Edited by macfan601, 02 February 2013 - 12:51 PM.

#13 OFFLINE   veryoldschool

veryoldschool

Lifetime Achiever

• Moderators
  • 41,933 posts

Posted 02 February 2013 - 12:50 PM

I hate this idea that Directv knows what is best for me.

Sorry, but isn't this a bit over the top for something you want, but can't get yet?
A.K.A VOS

#14 OFFLINE   macfan601

macfan601

Legend

• Registered
  • 180 posts

Posted 02 February 2013 - 12:56 PM

Sorry, but isn't this a bit over the top for something you want, but can't get yet?

Not in the least. I think Directv is the best TV service out there right now but I will never blindly accept what any company tells me or be any company's fan boy. Trust but verify.

#15 OFFLINE   veryoldschool

veryoldschool

Lifetime Achiever

• Moderators
  • 41,933 posts

Posted 02 February 2013 - 01:02 PM

Not in the least. I think Directv is the best TV service out there right now but I will never blindly accept what any company tells me or be any company's fan boy. Trust but verify.

I just read your post as simply not having a option yet, that you want.
[again] I'm sorry you can't get what you want "right now", but it sort of comes across as a spoiled child.
A.K.A VOS

#16 OFFLINE   macfan601

macfan601

Legend

• Registered
  • 180 posts

Posted 02 February 2013 - 01:11 PM

I just read your post as simply not having a option yet, that you want.
[again] I'm sorry you can't get what you want "right now", but it sort of comes across as a spoiled child.

And this coming for a company insider who has all kinds of things the average Directv customer can't get? I am sorry, I know you are a long time poster on DBS and many people think a lot of you. But when you just stick your fingers in your ears and wave your hands more or else saying na na I have what you can't get I have no respect for that. You and I have tangled before over your blind company trust. I trust no one except myself.

#17 OFFLINE   veryoldschool

veryoldschool

Lifetime Achiever

• Moderators
  • 41,933 posts

Posted 02 February 2013 - 01:14 PM

And this coming for a company insider who has all kinds of things the average Directv customer can't get? I am sorry, I know you are a long time poster on DBS and many people think a lot of you. But when you just stick your fingers in your ears and wave your hands more or else saying na I have what you can't get I have no respect for that. You and I have tangled before over your blind company trust. I trust no one except myself.

There is no "blind trust" on my end.
There may be things that DirecTV needs to sort out before more than one Genie can be on an account.

This may simply be "DirecTV knows best" what is good for them.
A.K.A VOS

#18 OFFLINE   macfan601

macfan601

Legend

• Registered
  • 180 posts

Posted 02 February 2013 - 01:21 PM

There is no "blind trust" on my end.
There may be things that DirecTV needs to sort out before more than one Genie can be on an account.

This may simply be "DirecTV knows best" what is good for them.

I guess they better contact Dish then because they know how to put two Hoppers on one account. LOL, sorry, I still know what is best for me and I noticed you didn't reply to me publicly stating you have inside information and equipment the rest of us don't have. You need to disclose this when you post.

You and I are never going to agree and I have better things to do on a Saturday afternoon than to exchange barbs with you.

Edited by macfan601, 03 February 2013 - 03:17 AM.

#19 OFFLINE   veryoldschool

veryoldschool

Lifetime Achiever

• Moderators
  • 41,933 posts

Posted 02 February 2013 - 01:25 PM

I still know what is best for me and I noticed you didn't reply to me publicly stating you have inside information and equipment the rest of us don't have. You need to disclose this when you post.

I never questioned that you know what's best for you.
I merely commented on how your post seemed a bit over the top saying DirecTV knew what was best for you.
As to disclosing what I may or may not have, that's another story which isn't open for discussion.
A.K.A VOS

#20 OFFLINE   macfan601

macfan601

Legend

• Registered
  • 180 posts

Posted 02 February 2013 - 01:27 PM

I never questioned that you know what's best for you.
I merely commented on how your post seemed a bit over the top saying DirecTV knew what was best for you.
As to disclosing what I may or may not have, that's another story which isn't open for discussion.

Ha Ha Ha, gotchya.

Protected By... spam firewall...And...