Welcome to DBSTalk

Sign In 

Create Account
Welcome to DBSTalk. Our community covers all aspects of video delivery solutions including: Direct Broadcast Satellite (DBS), Cable Television, and Internet Protocol Television (IPTV). We also have forums to discuss popular television programs, home theater equipment, and internet streaming service providers. Members of our community include experts who can help you solve technical problems, industry professionals, company representatives, and novices who are here to learn.

Like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community. Sign-up is a free and simple process that requires minimal information. Be a part of our community by signing in or creating an account. The Digital Bit Stream starts here!
  • Reply to existing topics or start a discussion of your own
  • Subscribe to topics and forums and get email updates
  • Send private personal messages (PM) to other forum members
  • Customize your profile page and make new friends

Guest Message by DevFuse

Photo
- - - - -

Multiple HR34s on one account

• Please log in to reply
100 replies to this topic

#41 OFFLINE   macfan601

macfan601

Legend

• Registered
  • 180 posts

Posted 03 February 2013 - 11:19 AM

That you do and there's nothing wrong with it.
I may disagree with your conclusions, so "trust me" isn't something I'm going to do.

I wonder if you were to go to a car dealer and find you couldn't get an option you wanted, if you'd have the same things to say about them?

Not that it is any of your business but I "custom" order a new car about once every 15 years. The only way I can get a car the way I want it is to have it built for me. I sit down with the computer build sheet and order it my way.

...Ads Help To Support This SIte...

#42 ONLINE   veryoldschool

veryoldschool

Lifetime Achiever

• Moderators
  • 41,791 posts

Posted 03 February 2013 - 11:22 AM

Not that it is any of your business but I "custom" order a new car about once every 15 years. The only way I can get a car the way I want it is to have it built for me. I sit down with the computer build sheet and order it my way.

And if something you want isn't available, what then?

I think we all get that you REALLY want to have 2 Genies, but it simply isn't an option yet.

Why is this any different than your "custom" order?
A.K.A VOS

#43 OFFLINE   macfan601

macfan601

Legend

• Registered
  • 180 posts

Posted 03 February 2013 - 11:27 AM

And if something you want isn't available, what then?

I think we all get that you REALLY want to have 2 Genies, but it simply isn't an option yet.

Why is this any different than your "custom" order?

GEESH, because with my custom order I can have what I want. Sorry, I just don't play well with, "The Man" making decisions for me.

#44 ONLINE   veryoldschool

veryoldschool

Lifetime Achiever

• Moderators
  • 41,791 posts

Posted 03 February 2013 - 11:31 AM

GEESH, because with my custom order I can have what I want. Sorry, I just don't play well with, "The Man" making decisions for me.

You seemed to have missed the part about the option [you wanted] not being there.

Ah yes, "the man".
Now where's my tinfoil.

Guess it's time to just let this rant go on.....
A.K.A VOS

#45 OFFLINE   macfan601

macfan601

Legend

• Registered
  • 180 posts

Posted 03 February 2013 - 11:49 AM

You seemed to have missed the part about the option [you wanted] not being there.

Ah yes, "the man".
Now where's my tinfoil.

Guess it's time to just let this rant go on.....

Let's just agree to disagree. We do not live in the same world so we look at things differently. Michigan, Detroit/Flint is a blue collar working class area. We have different values and think differently than Silicon Valley, California. You are a company man and signed a confidentiality agreement. I would never do that. Let's call a truce and agree to ignore each other. You are never going to change my mind and I am never going to change yours. I have the Directv equipment and setup I want with the exception of the second HR34 even if I had to get it from 3rd parties. My setup does exactly what I want even if I had to add an external drive to my HR34 to get it there.

#46 ONLINE   veryoldschool

veryoldschool

Lifetime Achiever

• Moderators
  • 41,791 posts

Posted 03 February 2013 - 11:53 AM

Let's just agree to disagree. You are a company man and signed a confidentiality agreement.

We can/should.
I'm not "a company man", nor have I signed a confidentiality agreement.
I'm a customer and pay for my service like any other customer.
A.K.A VOS

#47 OFFLINE   codespy

codespy

Go Pack Go!

• DBSTalk Club
  • 707 posts
  • LocationWisconsin

Posted 07 February 2013 - 11:40 PM

Just imagine people that don't know about this forum or Directv policy and simply purchase 2 Genie's from retail and if their system is on SWM, To then find out they can't activate on same account, Wouldn't a SWM16 just make it work if they don't have any other receivers.

Or an idiot like myself who didn't see this thread before I pulled the trigger on a new second HR34 last Friday, $199 NIB and received it today. I have a parallel SWiM-16 and ICK setup so there is plenty of room, but sounds like I will be SOL. :(

#48 OFFLINE   Drucifer

Drucifer

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 7,948 posts
  • LocationNY Hudson Valley

Posted 07 February 2013 - 11:51 PM

Or an idiot like myself who didn't see this thread before I pulled the trigger on a new second HR34 last Friday, $199 NIB and received it today. I have a parallel SWiM-16 and ICK setup so there is plenty of room, but sounds like I will be SOL. :(

Got any C31 with your current HR34? A C31 can't have two servers.

DREW

Do it Right, Do it Once
LR: HR34-7, Den: HR24-1, MB: HR24-5, Bsm: HR21-2, Kit: H25-5
PrimeStar '95, DirecTV  '00

#49 OFFLINE   codespy

codespy

Go Pack Go!

• DBSTalk Club
  • 707 posts
  • LocationWisconsin

Posted 08 February 2013 - 12:02 AM

No, I have 10 other HD-DVR's (five HR24's, a HR22, a THR22, a HR21 and two HR20's). No clients, and no intention on getting clients.

Want to cancel my SAT-A55 and replace it with the second HR34.

After reviewing this current post, I must have a serious TV watching/recording problem and will likely need therapy soon. :)

#50 OFFLINE   Hoosier205

Hoosier205

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 6,596 posts

Posted 08 February 2013 - 12:17 AM

The man? You're only a subscriber. You don't get to make the rules.
DTV = Digital Television

#51 OFFLINE   Hoosier205

Hoosier205

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 6,596 posts

Posted 08 February 2013 - 12:20 AM

We do not live in the same world so we look at things differently. Michigan, Detroit/Flint is a blue collar working class area. We have different values and think differently than Silicon Valley, California.

If you believe that, I'd wager that you haven't spent much time outside of Detroit/Flint.

...and signed a confidentiality agreement.

...and what exactly is wrong with a confidentiality agreement?
DTV = Digital Television

#52 OFFLINE   raott

raott

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 2,135 posts

Posted 08 February 2013 - 07:40 AM

See if there is any disclaimer on the distributor's website about activating only one HR34. If not, see if the distributor you bought it from will take it back (may want to try this anyway).

If they will not take it back, and there was no disclaimer, demand Directv either activate it, intervene with the distributor to take it back, or take it back and reimburse you. I'd ask Directv what terms and conditions apply to only allow you to activate one HR34 and if there is no disclaimer from the distributor, why are they allowing their distributors to sell them without a disclaimer.
SONY KDS-55A3000 and a couple of Vizios; SWM16; HR34 NR; HR22 NR; HR20-700 NR; H23-600 NR; R22 NR

#53 OFFLINE   macfan601

macfan601

Legend

• Registered
  • 180 posts

Posted 08 February 2013 - 09:01 AM

The man? You're only a subscriber. You don't get to make the rules.

Sorry, you have it completely wrong. I am the customer and it is my money. The customer is ALWAYS right. I love my Directv but you dyed in the wool company fan boys really get to me.

#54 OFFLINE   RAD

RAD

Hall Of Fame

• DBSTalk Club
  • 15,999 posts
  • LocationDripping Springs, TX

Posted 08 February 2013 - 09:03 AM

Sorry, you have it completely wrong. I am the customer and it is my money. The customer is ALWAYS right.

Try that argument next time you're on an airplane, and you don't get what you want, and let us know how that goes.;)

See post My Setup for configuration info.

#55 OFFLINE   macfan601

macfan601

Legend

• Registered
  • 180 posts

Posted 08 February 2013 - 09:05 AM

If you believe that, I'd wager that you haven't spent much time outside of Detroit/Flint.

I have lived somewhere in Michigan all of my life. Nothing wrong with that. And no I do not travel much, why should I? I am 62 years old and have everything I need right here.

...and what exactly is wrong with a confidentiality agreement?

Another name for that is selling your soul to the company. I see it as me vs. the company.

#56 OFFLINE   macfan601

macfan601

Legend

• Registered
  • 180 posts

Posted 08 February 2013 - 09:09 AM

Try that argument next time you're on an airplane, and you don't get what you want, and let us know how that goes.;)

I haven't been on a plane in 20 years and probably won't be the rest of my life. I haven't any reason to fly. I don't know anybody outside of my state and have everything I need right here in Michigan. But as to your statement. When I did fly I just told the travel agency my requirements and it was up to then to find them for me if they wanted to make the sale.

#57 OFFLINE   The Merg

The Merg

1*

• Registered
  • 10,264 posts
  • LocationNorthern VA

Posted 08 February 2013 - 09:17 AM

I haven't been on a plane in 20 years and probably won't be the rest of my life. I haven't any reason to fly. I don't know anybody outside of my state and have everything I need right here in Michigan. But as to your statement. When I did fly I just told the travel agency my requirements and it was up to then to find them for me if they wanted to make the sale.

That wasn't his point.

- Merg

Today's problems don't worry me, I haven't solved yesterday's yet.

SlimLine-3 Dish w/ SWM16 (HD Service / WHDVR) / Full Setup
HR34-700 / Panasonic TC-P50G25 HDTV / HDMI / Networked - DECA / Family Room
HR44-700 / Samsung HCM5525W HDTV / Component / Networked - DECA / Bedroom

HR24-100 / Samsung HCM5525W HDTV / Component / Networked - DECA / Bedroom

#58 OFFLINE   macfan601

macfan601

Legend

• Registered
  • 180 posts

Posted 08 February 2013 - 09:23 AM

That wasn't his point.

- Merg

I guess with my 3 earned college degrees and 31 years of teaching experience I wasn't smart enough to get his point.

#59 OFFLINE   RAD

RAD

Hall Of Fame

• DBSTalk Club
  • 15,999 posts
  • LocationDripping Springs, TX

Posted 08 February 2013 - 09:36 AM

I guess with my 3 earned college degrees and 31 years of teaching experience I wasn't smart enough to get his point.

Then how come you're asking so childish?

See post My Setup for configuration info.

#60 OFFLINE   macfan601

macfan601

Legend

• Registered
  • 180 posts

Posted 08 February 2013 - 09:46 AM

Then how come you're asking so childish?

I take offense to your reply. Why are you acting "all mighty"? Just because someone questions Directv's polices doesn't make them childish. I was taught, and always taught my students, to question everything and never, ever accept the "authority" as the answer.

I really like this forum but I really hate how some have set themselves up as the unquestioned authority and how others think Directv can do no wrong. Improvement comes through criticism and questioning.

I am done replying to this thread now. It is a waste of time replying to the closed minded.

Protected By... spam firewall...And...