Welcome to DBSTalk

Sign In 

Create Account
Welcome to DBSTalk. Our community covers all aspects of video delivery solutions including: Direct Broadcast Satellite (DBS), Cable Television, and Internet Protocol Television (IPTV). We also have forums to discuss popular television programs, home theater equipment, and internet streaming service providers. Members of our community include experts who can help you solve technical problems, industry professionals, company representatives, and novices who are here to learn.

Like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community. Sign-up is a free and simple process that requires minimal information. Be a part of our community by signing in or creating an account. The Digital Bit Stream starts here!
  • Reply to existing topics or start a discussion of your own
  • Subscribe to topics and forums and get email updates
  • Send private personal messages (PM) to other forum members
  • Customize your profile page and make new friends

Guest Message by DevFuse

Photo
- - - - -

hopper doesn't recognize 722K recording

• Please log in to reply
14 replies to this topic

#1 OFFLINE   snpant

snpant

• Registered
  • 6 posts

Posted 02 January 2013 - 10:54 PM

Hi All,
I recently upgraded from 722 to hopper. I transferred all my recording in 722 to external drive . When i tried to use this external drive on hopper it worked fine.
Then, I transferred all the recording from external hard drive to hopper. It won't play once the recording are transferred to hopper.

It gives me message saying "event playback finished".

I called dish support. They told me that it needs to be submitted as a bug to engineer. However, there is no way even for them to get hold of engineer. Also, there is no estimate on fix.

Any help is appreciated.

Thanks

...Ads Help To Support This SIte...

#2 OFFLINE   Inkosaurus

Inkosaurus

Icon

• Registered
  • 678 posts

Posted 02 January 2013 - 11:01 PM

Hi All,
I recently upgraded from 722 to hopper. I transferred all my recording in 722 to external drive . When i tried to use this external drive on hopper it worked fine.
Then, I transferred all the recording from external hard drive to hopper. It won't play once the recording are transferred to hopper.

I called dish support. They told me that it needs to be submitted as a bug to engineer. However, there is no way even for them to get hold of engineer. Also, there is no estimate on fix.

Any help is appreciated.

Thanks

They filed a TPR(might be called TPS report, forgot which lol), which honestly very rarely results in you getting a follow up.
Its more for Dish to keep track of bug reports, rather then for them to submit a report on your behalf.
And generally means one of two things;

1) Your agent handling the call didnt really know what to trouble shoot for and did a TPR to get off the call.

2) Your agent handling the call tried everything and was out of ideas and did a TPR to get off the call.

Honestly at this point just keep calling, there is a chance your agent was not top of his training class and didnt pay enough attention lol.
If not then push for a new receiver.

#3 OFFLINE   P Smith

P Smith

Mr. FixAnything

• Registered
  • 19,843 posts
  • LocationMediterranean Sea

Posted 02 January 2013 - 11:31 PM

try to move the events back to EHD and play from it later

#4 OFFLINE   snpant

snpant

• Topic Starter
  • Registered
  • 6 posts

Posted 03 January 2013 - 01:11 AM

I tried to move program to EHD. It doesn't work anymore

#5 OFFLINE   P Smith

P Smith

Mr. FixAnything

• Registered
  • 19,843 posts

Posted 03 January 2013 - 01:45 AM

try cold reboot the H, if it will not restore functionality of EHD, call CSR and demand to replace it

#6 OFFLINE   Ray C@DISH Network

Ray C@DISH Network

Icon

• DISH Representative
  • 914 posts

Posted 03 January 2013 - 08:10 AM

What is the error message number you see when you attempt to playback a DVR event on your Hopper? Please let me know. Thanks.

Hi All,

Any help is appreciated.

Thanks

#7 OFFLINE   patmurphey

patmurphey

Godfather

• Registered
  • 521 posts

Posted 03 January 2013 - 10:12 AM

There is a lesson here. This happens once in a while. Don't transfer the EHD recordings to your Hopper. It isn't necessary and they play much more easily, directly from the EHD, through the Hopper DVR menu than on the VIP receivers.

#8 OFFLINE   snpant

snpant

• Topic Starter
  • Registered
  • 6 posts

Posted 03 January 2013 - 10:30 AM

There is no error code. However, when i try to play it gives pop up saying

"Event playback finished. Press 'play' to start over or select option below"
options are
"delete dvr live tv"

When i press play again, it show how much is my recording but screen is blank. After a while it time out and switches back to live tv.

Thanks

Edited by snpant, 03 January 2013 - 10:37 AM.

#9 OFFLINE   P Smith

P Smith

Mr. FixAnything

• Registered
  • 19,843 posts

Posted 03 January 2013 - 11:11 AM

please post screenshots for create a ticket to eng dept

#10 OFFLINE   snpant

snpant

• Topic Starter
  • Registered
  • 6 posts

Posted 03 January 2013 - 11:20 AM

I have attached jpeg image.

Attached Thumbnails

• dish_dvr_error.JPG

#11 OFFLINE   P Smith

P Smith

Mr. FixAnything

• Registered
  • 19,843 posts

Posted 03 January 2013 - 11:56 AM

if we could read clearly the text, that would help tremendously ;)

#12 OFFLINE   snpant

snpant

• Topic Starter
  • Registered
  • 6 posts

Posted 03 January 2013 - 11:59 AM

Here is the text version of posted image

"Event playback finished. Press 'play' to start over or select option below"
options are
"delete dvr live tv"

Thanks

#13 OFFLINE   P Smith

P Smith

Mr. FixAnything

• Registered
  • 19,843 posts

Posted 03 January 2013 - 12:13 PM

that's OK, you did post it second time ... just for create a ticket (IMO, when I did that for other cases) I would make one good shot with clear text, to avoid mistyping and get all small details what only SW/GUI coders knew ... it's just a habit/routine of those ppl who involving in bug tracking ...

#14 OFFLINE   some guy

some guy

Godfather

• Registered
  • 413 posts

Posted 03 January 2013 - 02:15 PM

If you go to the DVR recording in the DVR menu and press Select or INFO to bring up more information, how long does it show the recording is? Is it the correct length of that show or movie?

#15 OFFLINE   snpant

snpant

• Topic Starter
  • Registered
  • 6 posts

Posted 03 January 2013 - 02:27 PM

Technician stopped by my house to look at the issue. He called his senior manager .

He mentioned that Hopper is able to read 722 content EHD but changes format once these contents are transferred to hopper. Once the format is changed, it cannot read 722 content. This is not advertised anywhere. It seem to be purely software issue. Hopefully, it will be fixed soon.

We also tried changing to different hopper . It shows same issue.

Thanks

Protected By... spam firewall...And...