Welcome to DBSTalk

Sign In 

Create Account
Welcome to DBSTalk. Our community covers all aspects of video delivery solutions including: Direct Broadcast Satellite (DBS), Cable Television, and Internet Protocol Television (IPTV). We also have forums to discuss popular television programs, home theater equipment, and internet streaming service providers. Members of our community include experts who can help you solve technical problems, industry professionals, company representatives, and novices who are here to learn.

Like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community. Sign-up is a free and simple process that requires minimal information. Be a part of our community by signing in or creating an account. The Digital Bit Stream starts here!
  • Reply to existing topics or start a discussion of your own
  • Subscribe to topics and forums and get email updates
  • Send private personal messages (PM) to other forum members
  • Customize your profile page and make new friends

Guest Message by DevFuse

Photo

Al Jazerra Buys Current. Will Dish Keep it?

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
2 replies to this topic

#1 OFFLINE   jsk

jsk

Icon

• Registered
  • 726 posts

Posted 03 January 2013 - 11:29 AM

I just read on DCRTV.com that Al Gore is selling his Current TV network to Al Jazeera. It will be called Al Jazeera America. More information from the NY Times here.

Time Warner is going to be dropping the channel ASAP. Has Dish made any announcements? I hope they keep it.
Dish Player DVR 722K with OTA module connected to the Eastern Arc

...Ads Help To Support This SIte...

#2 OFFLINE   Badfish740

Badfish740

Cool Member

• Registered
  • 22 posts

Posted 03 January 2013 - 04:06 PM

I heard about this on the morning news and it sounds like Al Gore made out like a bandit unloading a channel no one watches because it's boring to a network that no one will watch because they believe it's terrorist propaganda. I predict that whether DISH drops it or not it will bomb (no pun intended) and quickly disappear. This would be like promoting a German language/culture radio station during the WWI/WWII era. I'm not saying the stereotypes are correct, but the fact is they exist. I'm sure the talking heads on Fox News are already foaming at the mouth over it.

#3 OFFLINE   Stewart Vernon

Stewart Vernon

Excellent Adventurer

• Moderators
  • 19,695 posts
  • LocationKittrell, NC

Posted 03 January 2013 - 04:17 PM

There is a thread on this in the TV Talk forum. Please continue the discussion there since it applies to any provider that carries the Current TV channel. Thanks!

http://www.dbstalk.c...ad.php?t=211667

-- Respect the S.H.I.E.L.D.

Protected By... spam firewall...And...