Welcome to DBSTalk

Sign In 

Create Account
Welcome to DBSTalk. Our community covers all aspects of video delivery solutions including: Direct Broadcast Satellite (DBS), Cable Television, and Internet Protocol Television (IPTV). We also have forums to discuss popular television programs, home theater equipment, and internet streaming service providers. Members of our community include experts who can help you solve technical problems, industry professionals, company representatives, and novices who are here to learn.

Like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community. Sign-up is a free and simple process that requires minimal information. Be a part of our community by signing in or creating an account. The Digital Bit Stream starts here!
  • Reply to existing topics or start a discussion of your own
  • Subscribe to topics and forums and get email updates
  • Send private personal messages (PM) to other forum members
  • Customize your profile page and make new friends

Guest Message by DevFuse

Photo

Clearing purchase list

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
13 replies to this topic

#1 OFFLINE   texas_yankee

texas_yankee

• Registered
  • 7 posts

Posted 26 January 2004 - 12:55 PM

Is there a way to clean the list of purchased pay per view movies? The list is getting rather long.I have a 721

#2 OFFLINE   Geronimo

Geronimo

Native American Potentate

• Gold Members
  • 8,295 posts

Posted 26 January 2004 - 01:03 PM

Are you connected toa phone line?
I never cared for all the signatures that insult posters with other points of view.

#3 OFFLINE   texas_yankee

texas_yankee

• Topic Starter
  • Registered
  • 7 posts

Posted 26 January 2004 - 01:21 PM

Is there a way to clean the list of purchased pay per view movies? The list is getting rather long.I have a 721

Yes it is attached and checks out fine.

#4 OFFLINE   JohnH

JohnH

Hall Of Fame

• DBSTalk Club
  • 7,802 posts

Posted 26 January 2004 - 01:27 PM

The 721 stores the ones already posted as well as the ones to be posted. I have found no way to clear the ones already posted.

#5 OFFLINE   Slordak

Slordak

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 1,476 posts

Posted 26 January 2004 - 02:38 PM

Are you saying this issue also pertains to the 921 and you are thus requesting a new feature, "Clear All PPV History"?

If it's just a 721 (only) issue, then the 921 forum is not the appropriate place for such an inquiry.

#6 OFFLINE   IanF

IanF

AllStar

• Registered
  • 77 posts

Posted 26 January 2004 - 03:42 PM

This reminds me of a co-worker who ordered an "adult" movie while his wife was out of town, then realised she'd see it on the list when she got back. So he ended up watching a bunch of PPVs to push the bad movie below the fold. He told me at the time that he was amazed the cable/sat companies don't offer a "Wife Wipe" feature on PPV lists for $5... :)

#7 OFFLINE   Kenster

Kenster

Legend

• Registered
  • 214 posts

Posted 13 February 2004 - 11:42 AM

Are you saying this issue also pertains to the 921 and you are thus requesting a new feature, "Clear All PPV History"?

If it's just a 721 (only) issue, then the 921 forum is not the appropriate place for such an inquiry.

Slordak, this is NOT the 921 Forum. It is the Dish DVR discussion forum. Sounds to me like it's open to all DVR discussions.

#8 OFFLINE   Pete K.

Pete K.

Icon

• Registered
  • 776 posts

Posted 13 February 2004 - 12:29 PM

Since texas_yankee is connected to a phone line, he should go to the "diagnostic"
screen" and select the "dial out" option. If everything is working, he will see
a message " updating smart card" or something to that effect, while it dumps the
ppv list to E*.

#9 OFFLINE   jdamp

jdamp

• Registered
  • 9 posts

Posted 13 February 2004 - 03:38 PM

This reminds me of a co-worker who ordered an "adult" movie while his wife was out of town, then realised she'd see it on the list when she got back. So he ended up watching a bunch of PPVs to push the bad movie below the fold. He told me at the time that he was amazed the cable/sat companies don't offer a "Wife Wipe" feature on PPV lists for $5... :)

"co-worker" sure sure we believe you ;)

#10 OFFLINE   Slordak

Slordak

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 1,476 posts

Posted 16 February 2004 - 01:30 PM

Slordak, this is NOT the 921 Forum. It is the Dish DVR discussion forum. Sounds to me like it's open to all DVR discussions.

My apologies; wasn't paying attention to which of the forums in question I was posting to. Hence, yes, this is my mistake, and certainly wouldn't be the first time I've been corrected here :)

#11 OFFLINE   IanF

IanF

AllStar

• Registered
  • 77 posts

Posted 16 February 2004 - 01:49 PM

I knew no one would believe me, but yes, it was a co-worker of mine. :)

#12 OFFLINE   homeskillet

homeskillet

Icon

• Registered
  • 506 posts

Posted 16 February 2004 - 03:35 PM

Might clear it from the "list" but not the bill ;)

#13 OFFLINE   DarrellP

DarrellP

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 1,637 posts

Posted 17 February 2004 - 03:06 PM

My 501 is plugged into a phone line, always has been, and I have a PPV from March of 2003 still sitting in there. I've checked the phone connection several times and it always passes. I guess Dish doesn't want to be reimbursed for the $3.99 they gave me to watch this movie.
<---- I wish she was my girlfriend. :D

#14 OFFLINE   awax

awax

Legend

• Registered
  • 153 posts

Posted 17 February 2004 - 04:08 PM

My 501 is plugged into a phone line, always has been, and I have a PPV from March of 2003 still sitting in there. I've checked the phone connection several times and it always passes. I guess Dish doesn't want to be reimbursed for the $3.99 they gave me to watch this movie.

Yeah one would think they would dial out after the pruchase but I was told by E* that they only dial out every couple of months or if $25 or more is ordered. The reason I was given as to why it doesn't dial everytime is "it costs us money everytime it dials" I believe if you call E* they can clear that list.

spam firewall