Welcome to DBSTalk

Sign In 

Create Account
Welcome to DBSTalk. Our community covers all aspects of video delivery solutions including: Direct Broadcast Satellite (DBS), Cable Television, and Internet Protocol Television (IPTV). We also have forums to discuss popular television programs, home theater equipment, and internet streaming service providers. Members of our community include experts who can help you solve technical problems, industry professionals, company representatives, and novices who are here to learn.

Like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community. Sign-up is a free and simple process that requires minimal information. Be a part of our community by signing in or creating an account. The Digital Bit Stream starts here!
  • Reply to existing topics or start a discussion of your own
  • Subscribe to topics and forums and get email updates
  • Send private personal messages (PM) to other forum members
  • Customize your profile page and make new friends

Guest Message by DevFuse

Photo

dead h20

• Please log in to reply
12 replies to this topic

#1 OFFLINE   millertime

millertime

Godfather

• Registered
  • 349 posts

Posted 03 January 2013 - 07:57 PM

Called to get replacement and wouldn't you know another h20 showed up today! I'm sending it back, rediculous

...Ads Help To Support This SIte...

#2 OFFLINE   Brandon Wedgeworth

Brandon Wedgeworth

Icon

• Administrators
  • 561 posts
  • LocationAlabaster, AL

Posted 03 January 2013 - 08:12 PM

Is the new one dead? If not, why send it back. It's a like for like replacement.

DBSTalk Site Administrator

U-Verse U450 w/Whole Home DVR

Cisco ISB7500 (upgraded to 1TB) >> 32" LG LCD
Cisco ISB7000 >> 60" LG Plasma
Cisco IPN330HD 46" Sharp Aquos LCD
Cisco ISB7005 (Wireless) >> 42" Philips LCD
2Wire/Pace 3801HGV Gateway

LIVESTRONG_logo_small.png - 2 Time Cancer Survivor

#3 OFFLINE   goinsleeper

goinsleeper

Godfather

• Registered
  • 673 posts

Posted 03 January 2013 - 09:13 PM

If it's a big deal to you and you don't mind taking advantage of the situation, call and ask for a 3D swap. Only reason I even mention it is the H20 is the only HD receiver without the HD menus, no idea why they would even issue those anymore, other than the like for like swap previously mentioned.

#4 OFFLINE   JBv

JBv

Godfather

• Registered
  • 794 posts
  • LocationTulsa, OK

Posted 03 January 2013 - 09:42 PM

Called to get replacement and wouldn't you know another h20 showed up today! I'm sending it back, rediculous

What???
I'm totally baffled by that!
Did you mention you use the OTA tuner when they were replacing it? (Only reason I can think that you may get an H20 instead of an H21 or higher)
DirecTV Employee
The postings on this site are my own and do not represent DirecTV's positions, strategies, or opinions.

#5 OFFLINE   west99999

west99999

Icon

• Registered
  • 876 posts

Posted 03 January 2013 - 09:48 PM

Although H20 have been "discontinued" they will continue to be sent until the refurb inventory has been depleted. My guess is the stock is very low at this point.

#6 OFFLINE   goinsleeper

goinsleeper

Godfather

• Registered
  • 673 posts

Posted 03 January 2013 - 09:52 PM

Although H20 have been "discontinued" they will continue to be sent until the refurb inventory has been depleted. My guess is the stock is very low at this point.

That was my thought as well. I would've guessed they've been out of stock for a while... go figure.

#7 OFFLINE   millertime

millertime

Godfather

• Topic Starter
  • Registered
  • 349 posts

Posted 04 January 2013 - 06:36 AM

Didn't mention the ota oops. They still shouldn't be issuing HD boxes that don't have an ethernet.

#8 OFFLINE   The Merg

The Merg

1*

• Registered
  • 10,242 posts
  • LocationNorthern VA

Posted 04 January 2013 - 07:30 AM

Didn't mention the ota oops. They still shouldn't be issuing HD boxes that don't have an ethernet.

If you are set up with a Whole Home setup, they definitely won't as the Ethernet port is needed for DECA. It's possible the CSR checked the OTA box assuming that you use OTA since you still had a H20 (as not many people do anymore).

- Merg

Today's problems don't worry me, I haven't solved yesterday's yet.

SlimLine-3 Dish w/ SWM16 (HD Service / WHDVR) / Full Setup
HR34-700 / Panasonic TC-P50G25 HDTV / HDMI / Networked - DECA / Family Room
HR44-700 / Samsung HCM5525W HDTV / Component / Networked - DECA / Bedroom

HR24-100 / Samsung HCM5525W HDTV / Component / Networked - DECA / Bedroom

#9 OFFLINE   millertime

millertime

Godfather

• Topic Starter
  • Registered
  • 349 posts

Posted 04 January 2013 - 03:48 PM

Weird thing I do have whole home dvr. They told me there is nothing they can do. I said I won't activate it and they said fine and they don't want it sent back.

#10 OFFLINE   Richierich

Richierich

Hall Of Fame

• DBSTalk Club
  • 8,465 posts

Posted 04 January 2013 - 04:52 PM

I would sent an Email to Ellen Filipiak (VP Office of Directv Customer Service) and tell them you are unhappy with the H20 and need to be Upgraded to something better and they can make it happen.

Be Very Polite when you send your Email and they can make it happen. :)

ellen.filipiak@directv.com.
DIRECTV CUSTOMER SINCE 1997
Here's My Setup

#11 OFFLINE   Brandon Wedgeworth

Brandon Wedgeworth

Icon

• Administrators
  • 561 posts
  • LocationAlabaster, AL

Posted 04 January 2013 - 06:29 PM

Weird thing I do have whole home dvr. They told me there is nothing they can do. I said I won't activate it and they said fine and they don't want it sent back.

If that's the case, then you should try one more time to call back and explain that you have whole home and that the box they sent you won't work with whole home. A decent CSR should understand that only a whole home capable box should be sent to a home that is set up for whole home. If they still won't help, then I'd go the VP office email route. I'd give another CSR a shot to fix it first though. Maybe try to get to technical support instead of the regular front line CSRs. Tech Support folks should understand the issue better.

DBSTalk Site Administrator

U-Verse U450 w/Whole Home DVR

Cisco ISB7500 (upgraded to 1TB) >> 32" LG LCD
Cisco ISB7000 >> 60" LG Plasma
Cisco IPN330HD 46" Sharp Aquos LCD
Cisco ISB7005 (Wireless) >> 42" Philips LCD
2Wire/Pace 3801HGV Gateway

LIVESTRONG_logo_small.png - 2 Time Cancer Survivor

#12 OFFLINE   hitokage

hitokage

Legend

• Registered
  • 118 posts

Posted 04 January 2013 - 11:32 PM

Is your Whole Home install official or unsupported? If they came out to give you Whole Home, I believe they were suppose to automatically swap any existing H20s. If you set it up yourself and they have it as unsupported, that may be why you didn't automatically get an H21 or above.

#13 OFFLINE   millertime

millertime

Godfather

• Topic Starter
  • Registered
  • 349 posts

Posted 05 January 2013 - 08:18 AM

installed myself with deca

spam firewall