Welcome to DBSTalk

Sign In 

Create Account
Welcome to DBSTalk. Our community covers all aspects of video delivery solutions including: Direct Broadcast Satellite (DBS), Cable Television, and Internet Protocol Television (IPTV). We also have forums to discuss popular television programs, home theater equipment, and internet streaming service providers. Members of our community include experts who can help you solve technical problems, industry professionals, company representatives, and novices who are here to learn.

Like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community. Sign-up is a free and simple process that requires minimal information. Be a part of our community by signing in or creating an account. The Digital Bit Stream starts here!
  • Reply to existing topics or start a discussion of your own
  • Subscribe to topics and forums and get email updates
  • Send private personal messages (PM) to other forum members
  • Customize your profile page and make new friends

Guest Message by DevFuse

Photo

Anyone watching the Cotton Bowl?

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 OFFLINE   chevyguy559

chevyguy559

Fresno State Bulldog!

• Registered
  • 710 posts
  • LocationFresno, CA

Posted 04 January 2013 - 07:49 PM

Is it my local FOX station or does the game look like its being streamed in low quality for anyone? :lol: The close-up shots on the field look good, but the far away shots look horrible! Anyone else?

DirecTV Subscriber Since 11/2008
Choice Ultimate - HD Extra - RZC
(2) HR22-100
(1) HR22-100 (Owned)
(1) HR21-100 (Owned)

...Ads Help To Support This SIte...

#2 OFFLINE   csgo

csgo

Legend

• Registered
  • 246 posts

Posted 04 January 2013 - 07:53 PM

On DirecTV it's pretty grainy, but is much better OTA for me.

I don't follow college football very closely, but this must be a second or third string TV crew. The announcers are high school quality, and they even missed the entire opening kickoff.

#3 OFFLINE   FenixTX

FenixTX

Godfather

• Registered
  • 473 posts

Posted 04 January 2013 - 08:20 PM

Is it my local FOX station or does the game look like its being streamed in low quality for anyone? :lol: The close-up shots on the field look good, but the far away shots look horrible! Anyone else?

It's like that for me, too. Watching my local Fox on DirecTV and OTA looks the same. Far away shots look very soft whole close ups look fine. It's like this often with Fox though so it's nothing new.
Go Big Red!!!

#4 OFFLINE   hdtvfan0001

hdtvfan0001

Hall Of Fame

• DBSTalk Club
  • 31,805 posts

Posted 04 January 2013 - 08:24 PM

Sometimes these "HD games" actually use a mix of SD and HD cameras around the stadium.

I'm seeing a mix of very good and marginal video quality, depending on which camera angle is being presented.

They really should not promote a program in HD if they use that much SD camera equipment onsite.
DBSTalk CHAT ROOM MODERATOR
DirecTV Customer Since 1996

#5 OFFLINE   chevyguy559

chevyguy559

Fresno State Bulldog!

• Topic Starter
  • Registered
  • 710 posts
  • LocationFresno, CA

Posted 04 January 2013 - 08:25 PM

The announcers are high school quality, and they even missed the entire opening kickoff.

I love watching games that Gus Johnson calls....guy gets so excited it can almost make a mediocre play super exciting! :lol:

It's like that for me, too. Watching my local Fox on DirecTV and OTA looks the same. Far away shots look very soft whole close ups look fine. It's like this often with Fox though so it's nothing new.

Yeah, but IMO NFL looks great on Fox, I wonder why they couldn't get it right for this game...oh well

DirecTV Subscriber Since 11/2008
Choice Ultimate - HD Extra - RZC
(2) HR22-100
(1) HR22-100 (Owned)
(1) HR21-100 (Owned)

#6 OFFLINE   B Newt

B Newt

Icon

• Registered
  • 690 posts

Posted 05 January 2013 - 01:36 PM

Oh it looks like the OU "Laters" lost the game!

HR20-100 s/w version 0x087f
au9 dish NO multiswitch or diplexers.
Internet connection via WIFI.

Protected By... spam firewall...And...