Welcome to DBSTalk

Sign In 

Create Account
Welcome to DBSTalk. Our community covers all aspects of video delivery solutions including: Direct Broadcast Satellite (DBS), Cable Television, and Internet Protocol Television (IPTV). We also have forums to discuss popular television programs, home theater equipment, and internet streaming service providers. Members of our community include experts who can help you solve technical problems, industry professionals, company representatives, and novices who are here to learn.

Like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community. Sign-up is a free and simple process that requires minimal information. Be a part of our community by signing in or creating an account. The Digital Bit Stream starts here!
  • Reply to existing topics or start a discussion of your own
  • Subscribe to topics and forums and get email updates
  • Send private personal messages (PM) to other forum members
  • Customize your profile page and make new friends

Guest Message by DevFuse

Photo
- - - - -

D* Ending HotPass

• Please log in to reply
81 replies to this topic

#76 OFFLINE   jamieh1

jamieh1

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 1,408 posts

Posted 07 March 2013 - 09:17 PM

The new Nascar Mobile 13 app for android (all cell providers) just updated and now has LIVE RACE CENTER.
3 options you can subscribe to for $24.99 for the season

Race Radio
In Car Audio
Leader Board (free)

...Ads Help To Support This Site...

#77 OFFLINE   cadet502

cadet502

FHNSAB

• DBSTalk Club
  • 846 posts

Posted 08 March 2013 - 04:17 AM

Like some others, I subscribed to HotPass when they had more options than recently and I would still pay for it, but...

I miss too HotPass, but what can ya do? So, in retaliation, I cancelled my subscriptions to HBO, Starz and the Sports Package. I took that extra money and subscribed to NASCAR's Raceview audio. Boy, was that ever a big mistake. It hasn't worked properly with both of the races so far this year. I feel that NASCAR should have been better prepared for the transition from Turner to NASCAR ownership. I've seen better programming done by high schoolers than what NASCAR has tried with this new endeavour...purley pathetic. I would ask for a complete refund, but someone pointed out that the agreement between the subscriber and NASCAR says all sales are final...that naturally is for the birds. If anyone has been successful with getting a refund, could you please pass along the web address used to get it and any other info. Thanx.

ChuckZ
Harvest, AL

Just got an email from Nascar.com that they will be issuing a $9.95 refund.

"We also acknowledge that you have now missed two races for the subscription product you have paid for. In an effort to be fair to the affected subscribers, we are refunding your account in the amount of $9.95, which is equivalent to one month of the RaceView Premium service. We are automatically crediting the payment account we have on file for you and you will receive an email confirmation when complete."

#78 OFFLINE   ChuckZ

ChuckZ

Mentor

• Registered
  • 43 posts

Posted 08 March 2013 - 10:47 AM

I too got an email, but no refund. Since I only subscribed to the audio package ($29.95 vice $79.95 for the full package), I guess they figured the refund would only amount to a buck or two.

At least they are trying to get a better product out to the consumers and be somewhat truthful about their problems...finally.

ChuckZ
Harvest, AL

#79 OFFLINE   calljd

calljd

Cool Member

• Registered
  • 25 posts

Posted 08 March 2013 - 11:14 AM

No matter what Nascar says not delivering the product they sell is grounds for a refund. Ask for a refund and if they deny you just file a clam with your credit card Co. Let them fight it out on your behalf and you will probably win.

#80 OFFLINE   SPACEMAKER

SPACEMAKER

Freethinker

• Registered
  • 3,183 posts
  • LocationMason, MI

Posted 16 March 2013 - 03:49 AM

No matter what Nascar says not delivering the product they sell is grounds for a refund. Ask for a refund and if they deny you just file a clam with your credit card Co. Let them fight it out on your behalf and you will probably win.

But there are still 34 events left in the season and they've got it working now. No way would it be worth it to cancel.

Sony KDL-55EX720
HR44-700
C41-400
XBoxOne
Sony KDL-40EX720
HR24-200

#81 OFFLINE   cadet502

cadet502

FHNSAB

• DBSTalk Club
  • 846 posts

Posted 16 March 2013 - 05:03 PM

During last weeks race, IE would not work, it would start to load get to 80% and say not authorized. Filled out a ticket and still haven't heard back from them. A few minutes in to the race I tried with firefox and it worked fine. Tried again later with IE and still got the not authorized. So I wouldn't say they've got it working now.

#82 OFFLINE   SPACEMAKER

SPACEMAKER

Freethinker

• Registered
  • 3,183 posts
  • LocationMason, MI

Posted 18 March 2013 - 04:33 PM

During last weeks race, IE would not work, it would start to load get to 80% and say not authorized. Filled out a ticket and still haven't heard back from them. A few minutes in to the race I tried with firefox and it worked fine. Tried again later with IE and still got the not authorized. So I wouldn't say they've got it working now.

Mine worked on IE10 but not Chrome.

Some reported there was a short time near the start of the race where they had trouble logging in.

I think they are gaining on it but it's not 100% there. But I do recall several races per year where premium features didn't work even when Turner ran NASCAR.com

Sony KDL-55EX720
HR44-700
C41-400
XBoxOne
Sony KDL-40EX720
HR24-200

Protected By... spam firewall...And...