Welcome to DBSTalk

Sign In 

Create Account
Welcome to DBSTalk, like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community, but don't worry this is a simple free process that requires minimal information for you to signup. Be a part of DBSTalk by signing in or creating an account.
  • Start new topics and reply to others
  • Subscribe to topics and forums to get email updates
  • Get your own profile page and make new friends
  • Send personal messages to other members.

Guest Message by DevFuse

Photo
- - - - -

D* Ending HotPass

• Please log in to reply
81 replies to this topic

#61 OFFLINE   cadet502

cadet502

FHNSAB

• DBSTalk Club
  • 846 posts

Posted 21 February 2013 - 01:41 PM

Nascar.com Raceview not working 27 laps in the first duel. Don't have alot of confidence they'll get anything working by Sunday. What a discrace.

...Ads Help To Support This SIte...

#62 OFFLINE   boukengreen

boukengreen

Legend

• Registered
  • 209 posts

Posted 21 February 2013 - 03:07 PM

yea couldn't listen to the official's channel during race 1 either
There are some things arrows can't kill, for everything else there's Master Sword.

#63 OFFLINE   cadet502

cadet502

FHNSAB

• DBSTalk Club
  • 846 posts

Posted 21 February 2013 - 03:26 PM

Raceview kind of working in the 2nd duel. Got standings and driver audio, but the virtual video has been initializing for 10 min. Of course it required updating Java and a different add on then they used to use.
Nascar.com has to get the award for worst website "upgrade" ever.

#64 OFFLINE   NyDirect

NyDirect

Mentor

• Registered
  • 73 posts

Posted 24 February 2013 - 08:57 AM

HotPass was a HUGE reason for me to pick DTV over Dish.
This news really sucks. I know programming changes, but this one hits home. And I am not happy about it at all.
Maybe I'll watch a shopping channel... or infomercials... or religion (it is Sunday)... or golf or tennis. yep, right, that's what I'll do.
What's the number for Dish... with the auto commercial skip... with OTA that works... with built in sling...

#65 OFFLINE   jorb

jorb

AllStar

• Registered
  • 78 posts

Posted 24 February 2013 - 03:40 PM

HotPass was a HUGE reason for me to pick DTV over Dish.
This news really sucks. I know programming changes, but this one hits home. And I am not happy about it at all.
Maybe I'll watch a shopping channel... or infomercials... or religion (it is Sunday)... or golf or tennis. yep, right, that's what I'll do.
What's the number for Dish... with the auto commercial skip... with OTA that works... with built in sling...

Not like I received the memo that HotPass service was discontinued.
I should receive a refund because HotPass was pitched to me as part of DirecTV service on the 2 year contract.
Why doesn't DirecTV shut off the receivers with out telling their customers. I bet they wouldn't be able to wait to renew their 2 year contracts.
I didn't find out HotPass service was discontinued until I wanted to use it, to watch the 2013 Daytona 500.
DirecTV must like to keep there Customers & Promises. NOT !!
This is just one of the many disappointments.

And all DirecTV could do is tell me to fill out a complaint forum on their web site. LAME!!!
Like anybody reads or cares about customer complaint forums. INSULT!!

#66 OFFLINE   Brandon Wedgeworth

Brandon Wedgeworth

Icon

• Administrators
  • 548 posts
  • LocationAlabaster, AL

Posted 24 February 2013 - 05:28 PM

Well, the 500 wasn't the most exciting race I've ever watched, but it wasn't the most boring either. Wait till they go to Fontana...ugh..that race is always boring to me. Anyway, I knew I was going to miss HotPass..and I was right. I really miss the side by side and driver audio. Considering that Nascar can't even keep their website, nascar.com, up and running during events, I seriously doubt it would be worth it to invest in one of their offerings either.

I'm a big supporter of D*. I really enjoy their service and equipment, but I really didn't, and still don't like this decision. When I came back to D* 2 years ago after having U-verse for a couple years (I was an AT&T employee at the time and got incredible discounts), one of the reasons for choosing D* over Dish was Hotpass. Oh well, as others say, it's just tv...

Edited by BLWedge09, 24 February 2013 - 06:11 PM.

DBSTalk Site Administrator

U-Verse U450 w/Whole Home DVR

Cisco ISB7500 (upgraded to 1TB) >> 32" LG LCD
Cisco ISB7000 >> 60" LG Plasma
Cisco IPN330HD 46" Sharp Aquos LCD
Cisco ISB7005 (Wireless) >> 42" Philips LCD
2Wire/Pace 3801HGV Gateway

LIVESTRONG_logo_small.png - 2 Time Cancer Survivor

#67 OFFLINE   KSbugeater

KSbugeater

Godfather

• Registered
  • 308 posts

Posted 01 March 2013 - 01:17 PM

Not that my opinion will change anything now, but I, too, will miss HotPass. It made tracking Brad's charge to the Cup last year all the more memorable and exciting, especially once they decided to put the Deuce on every week. Since I'm MoPar or No Car, I probably would have watched less HotPass this year anyway. But if DIRECTV decides to reconsider for future years along with Dodge, I would love getting HotPass back.

#68 OFFLINE   ChuckZ

ChuckZ

Mentor

• Registered
  • 37 posts

Posted 06 March 2013 - 06:07 PM

Like some others, I subscribed to HotPass when they had more options than recently and I would still pay for it, but...

I miss too HotPass, but what can ya do? So, in retaliation, I cancelled my subscriptions to HBO, Starz and the Sports Package. I took that extra money and subscribed to NASCAR's Raceview audio. Boy, was that ever a big mistake. It hasn't worked properly with both of the races so far this year. I feel that NASCAR should have been better prepared for the transition from Turner to NASCAR ownership. I've seen better programming done by high schoolers than what NASCAR has tried with this new endeavour...purley pathetic. I would ask for a complete refund, but someone pointed out that the agreement between the subscriber and NASCAR says all sales are final...that naturally is for the birds. If anyone has been successful with getting a refund, could you please pass along the web address used to get it and any other info. Thanx.

ChuckZ
Harvest, AL

#69 OFFLINE   RACJ2

RACJ2

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 3,840 posts

Posted 06 March 2013 - 08:53 PM

I'm not much of a NASCAR fan, but went looking for HotPass when the Daytona 500 was on. Guess I know why I couldn't find it. I found it a bit intriguing to be able to listen in to conversations and see things from inside the car. So it actually got me to watch occasionally.
HR34-700, HR22-100

#70 OFFLINE   SPACEMAKER

SPACEMAKER

Freethinker

• Registered
  • 3,168 posts
  • LocationMason, MI

Posted 07 March 2013 - 06:46 AM

Like some others, I subscribed to HotPass when they had more options than recently and I would still pay for it, but...

I miss too HotPass, but what can ya do? So, in retaliation, I cancelled my subscriptions to HBO, Starz and the Sports Package. I took that extra money and subscribed to NASCAR's Raceview audio. Boy, was that ever a big mistake. It hasn't worked properly with both of the races so far this year. I feel that NASCAR should have been better prepared for the transition from Turner to NASCAR ownership. I've seen better programming done by high schoolers than what NASCAR has tried with this new endeavour...purley pathetic. I would ask for a complete refund, but someone pointed out that the agreement between the subscriber and NASCAR says all sales are final...that naturally is for the birds. If anyone has been successful with getting a refund, could you please pass along the web address used to get it and any other info. Thanx.

ChuckZ
Harvest, AL

I don't think they will issue a refund. I think they'll get it fixed and I have gotten to work but they really dropped the ball as far as preparedness. I don't know why they didn't allow us to beta test everything during testing and practice sessions.

Living Room:
Sony KDL-55EX720
HR44-700
AM21
Sony BDP-S360 Networked
Bedroom:
Sony KDL-40EX720
HR24-200
Sony DVP-NS75H

#71 OFFLINE   alnielsen

alnielsen

Godfather

• Registered
  • 449 posts
  • LocationDuPage Co. IL

Posted 07 March 2013 - 04:04 PM

They need to make a Raceview app for the mobile phones. This would allow you to listen while away from the computer or while at the track without resorting to using a scanner.

Direct TV subscriber since 1999
Choice Ultimate Customer
Equipment:: HR21-700 HR20-700 H20-100 (owned) SlimLine 5 Antenna
Winegard HD 8800 8-Bay for OTA

KC9ZOU

#72 OFFLINE   RunnerFL

RunnerFL

Hall Of Fame

• DBSTalk Club
  • 15,496 posts

Posted 07 March 2013 - 04:07 PM

They need to make a Raceview app for the mobile phones. This would allow you to listen while away from the computer or while at the track without resorting to using a scanner.

There is one, for Sprint customers only.
THIS SPACE FOR RENT

#73 OFFLINE   ChuckZ

ChuckZ

Mentor

• Registered
  • 37 posts

Posted 07 March 2013 - 05:50 PM

I forgot to mention it, but NASCAR had removed the roof cameras (starting with last weeks race) and for quite a few of the upcoming races....they say it adds down-force. They say they want to make the races more competitive. I bring this up because now that we're more or less forced to watch the races on the network feeds, we'll be seeing a little less of the action. Oh, there will still be other cameras, but the roof camera added a different perspective for our viewing pleasure. More or less,the races that will still have them are the super-speedways and road courses.

http://www.nascar.co...ix-daytona.html

ChuckZ
Harvest, AL

#74 OFFLINE   peano

peano

Icon

• Registered
  • 747 posts

Posted 07 March 2013 - 06:18 PM

Interesting. I liked the roof cam.

And I hate the gyro cam. The standard in car camera is fine.

#75 OFFLINE   cadet502

cadet502

FHNSAB

• DBSTalk Club
  • 846 posts

Posted 07 March 2013 - 06:34 PM

I don't think they will issue a refund. I think they'll get it fixed and I have gotten to work but they really dropped the ball as far as preparedness. I don't know why they didn't allow us to beta test everything during testing and practice sessions.

They may get things fixed, but even if they get it working, it's less useful than previous years. In the stats column, you have to choose between interval behind and last lap time, and then you can't sort by lap time to see who might be making up time on the leader.

The entire new Nascar.com website looks like it was designed for tablets ( or by a six year old) WAAAAY to much space taken up for every bit of information.

#76 OFFLINE   jamieh1

jamieh1

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 1,383 posts

Posted 07 March 2013 - 09:17 PM

The new Nascar Mobile 13 app for android (all cell providers) just updated and now has LIVE RACE CENTER.
3 options you can subscribe to for $24.99 for the season

Race Radio
In Car Audio
Leader Board (free)

#77 OFFLINE   cadet502

cadet502

FHNSAB

• DBSTalk Club
  • 846 posts

Posted 08 March 2013 - 04:17 AM

ChuckZ
Harvest, AL

Just got an email from Nascar.com that they will be issuing a $9.95 refund.

"We also acknowledge that you have now missed two races for the subscription product you have paid for. In an effort to be fair to the affected subscribers, we are refunding your account in the amount of $9.95, which is equivalent to one month of the RaceView Premium service. We are automatically crediting the payment account we have on file for you and you will receive an email confirmation when complete."

#78 OFFLINE   ChuckZ

ChuckZ

Mentor

• Registered
  • 37 posts

Posted 08 March 2013 - 10:47 AM

I too got an email, but no refund. Since I only subscribed to the audio package ($29.95 vice $79.95 for the full package), I guess they figured the refund would only amount to a buck or two.

At least they are trying to get a better product out to the consumers and be somewhat truthful about their problems...finally.

ChuckZ
Harvest, AL

#79 OFFLINE   calljd

calljd

Cool Member

• Registered
  • 24 posts

Posted 08 March 2013 - 11:14 AM

No matter what Nascar says not delivering the product they sell is grounds for a refund. Ask for a refund and if they deny you just file a clam with your credit card Co. Let them fight it out on your behalf and you will probably win.

#80 OFFLINE   SPACEMAKER

SPACEMAKER

Freethinker

• Registered
  • 3,168 posts
  • LocationMason, MI

Posted 16 March 2013 - 03:49 AM

No matter what Nascar says not delivering the product they sell is grounds for a refund. Ask for a refund and if they deny you just file a clam with your credit card Co. Let them fight it out on your behalf and you will probably win.

But there are still 34 events left in the season and they've got it working now. No way would it be worth it to cancel.

Living Room:
Sony KDL-55EX720
HR44-700
AM21
Sony BDP-S360 Networked
Bedroom:
Sony KDL-40EX720
HR24-200
Sony DVP-NS75H

spam firewall