Welcome to DBSTalk

Sign In 

Create Account
Welcome to DBSTalk. Our community covers all aspects of video delivery solutions including: Direct Broadcast Satellite (DBS), Cable Television, and Internet Protocol Television (IPTV). We also have forums to discuss popular television programs, home theater equipment, and internet streaming service providers. Members of our community include experts who can help you solve technical problems, industry professionals, company representatives, and novices who are here to learn.

Like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community. Sign-up is a free and simple process that requires minimal information. Be a part of our community by signing in or creating an account. The Digital Bit Stream starts here!
  • Reply to existing topics or start a discussion of your own
  • Subscribe to topics and forums and get email updates
  • Send private personal messages (PM) to other forum members
  • Customize your profile page and make new friends

Guest Message by DevFuse

Photo
- - - - -

how do i hook up my service

• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

#1 OFFLINE   axlcoryell

axlcoryell

• Registered
  • 4 posts

Posted 07 January 2013 - 03:29 PM

On the outside of my house i have a WB68. I have got a SL3S4NR2-14 that i can put on the dish. I have a hd/dvr receiver and a swim power inserter. How would I hook up the wb68 with only the one wire coming from the dish? and is there anything else i would need to do? Any response would be greatly appreciated.

...Ads Help To Support This SIte...

#2 OFFLINE   RAD

RAD

Hall Of Fame

• DBSTalk Club
  • 15,993 posts
  • LocationDripping Springs, TX

Posted 07 January 2013 - 03:36 PM

Deleted, misread the question.

See post My Setup for configuration info.

#3 OFFLINE   jimmie57

jimmie57

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 3,474 posts
  • LocationTexas City, TX

Posted 07 January 2013 - 03:37 PM

What is the model number of your receiver ?

With that LNB and just the one receiver you should not need the WB68.
That LNB will handle 8 "Tuners" with the one coax. Coax from LNB to ground block, Coax from ground block to Power Inserter, Coax from Power Inserter to receiver.
Align the dish,

Done.

DirecTV customer since 1996 - Current :Slimline 3 SWM,   HR24-100 HDMI to 32" Sharp LED,
HR24-100 Component cables to 46" Samsung LCD & Optical Cable to Yamaha AVR, H21-200 HDMI to Yamaha AVR & HDMI to 52" Mitsubishi LCD

#4 OFFLINE   axlcoryell

axlcoryell

• Topic Starter
  • Registered
  • 4 posts

Posted 07 January 2013 - 04:25 PM

I have 4 sd receivers and 1 HR21. The dish that is on the house now has 4 cables coming down. which one do I hook to the WB68? And do I insert the inverter behind the hd box only?

#5 OFFLINE   jimmie57

jimmie57

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 3,474 posts
  • LocationTexas City, TX

Posted 07 January 2013 - 05:03 PM

I have 4 sd receivers and 1 HR21. The dish that is on the house now has 4 cables coming down. which one do I hook to the WB68? And do I insert the inverter behind the hd box only?

OK, that is totally different than the original post.
The SD receivers will not work with the SWM LNB that you were going to put up there unless they are all D12 models. The WB68 works with the SD receivers and the LNB with the 4 coax cables.
There is a hookup diagram here.
http://manuals.solid...stall_Guide.pdf

DirecTV customer since 1996 - Current :Slimline 3 SWM,   HR24-100 HDMI to 32" Sharp LED,
HR24-100 Component cables to 46" Samsung LCD & Optical Cable to Yamaha AVR, H21-200 HDMI to Yamaha AVR & HDMI to 52" Mitsubishi LCD

#6 OFFLINE   axlcoryell

axlcoryell

• Topic Starter
  • Registered
  • 4 posts

Posted 07 January 2013 - 06:10 PM

Sorry if I sound like an idiot. This is waht is going. My parents have moved but are still using their account at this address. I moved in and brought my DVR and 4 SD receivers. Everything worked great at my house but when I put my boxes in here, I don't get HD or my Dvr service. Directv says my dad will have to cancel his account (which he won't). I found a LNB that has just the one port. My parents have an LNB that has 4. Do I need to change that or do I need to change the WB68? Again I am sorry. I looked in the manual and didn't see how I should hook up the single LNB. I was told that the Directv installer didnt change anything from when my brother had his account here 6 months ago but don't understand why my HD/DVR won't work like it did before. Your response is greatly appreciated.

#7 OFFLINE   b52pooh

b52pooh

Cool Member

• Registered
  • 89 posts
  • LocationSouthern Oregon

Posted 09 January 2013 - 01:56 PM

If your dish says Slimline, then you only need to obtain and add two b-band converters to your HR21 in order to get HD.

Protected By... spam firewall...And...