Welcome to DBSTalk

Sign In 

Create Account
Welcome to DBSTalk. Our community covers all aspects of video delivery solutions including: Direct Broadcast Satellite (DBS), Cable Television, and Internet Protocol Television (IPTV). We also have forums to discuss popular television programs, home theater equipment, and internet streaming service providers. Members of our community include experts who can help you solve technical problems, industry professionals, company representatives, and novices who are here to learn.

Like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community. Sign-up is a free and simple process that requires minimal information. Be a part of our community by signing in or creating an account. The Digital Bit Stream starts here!
  • Reply to existing topics or start a discussion of your own
  • Subscribe to topics and forums and get email updates
  • Send private personal messages (PM) to other forum members
  • Customize your profile page and make new friends

Guest Message by DevFuse

Photo

NHL coming back, and NHLCI Too, now will there be improvements?

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
4 replies to this topic

#1 OFFLINE   islesfan

islesfan

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 2,634 posts
  • LocationNevada

Posted 07 January 2013 - 03:41 PM

Now that the NHL is returning :hurah::hurah::hurah: I can't wait for NHLCI to return. All year, DirecTV Pulse has been asking me if I am interested in (among other things) having access to NHLCI "everywhere." Does anyone know if this is coming to fruition? I know that NBALP fans have gotten NBALP broadband and mobile with their NBALP subscriptions. I would REALLY love to have the same access for NHLCI!!! (Of course, I've since gotten a Nomad, but that is kinda flaky, not working more often than working)

Sony Bravia 55"
HR20-700
HR21-700
HDMI
HP Touchsmart IQ 846 (Windows 8) for DirecTV2PC and Media Share

GenieGO

iPhone 4S

iPad

...Ads Help To Support This SIte...

#2 OFFLINE   Xsabresx

Xsabresx

Icon

• Registered
  • 981 posts

Posted 07 January 2013 - 04:32 PM

I wouldnt have any use for this. I record every game and watch them after everyone goes to bed. If I am away from home I am doing something other than watching tv.
since 2001

HR20-700 -- LG 55LH55 LCD
HR23-700 -- Sony KDL-60EX500 LCD
HR21-100 --Vizio VA26LHDTV10T
H24-100 -- Hitachi 51F59 Rear Projection
H24-100 -- Some tube that wont die

#3 OFFLINE   islesfan

islesfan

Hall Of Fame

• Topic Starter
  • Registered
  • 2,634 posts
  • LocationNevada

Posted 07 January 2013 - 04:52 PM

I wouldnt have any use for this. I record every game and watch them after everyone goes to bed. If I am away from home I am doing something other than watching tv.

It would be huge for me. Living in the Pacific time zone and being an Islanders fan, all the games start way before I get off work. It would be great to be able to watch part of the games while commuting (at least on the days when it isn't my turn to drive ;) ). I have to get up so early for work, there is no other time for me. I usually end up saving all the week's games to watch on Saturday.

Sony Bravia 55"
HR20-700
HR21-700
HDMI
HP Touchsmart IQ 846 (Windows 8) for DirecTV2PC and Media Share

GenieGO

iPhone 4S

iPad

#4 OFFLINE   trh

trh

This Space for Sale

• Registered
  • 3,232 posts
  • LocationNE FL

Posted 07 January 2013 - 04:59 PM

(Of course, I've since gotten a Nomad, but that is kinda flaky, not working more often than working)

I had problems with my Nomad and CI channels last year. I could only record and transfer to my Nomad games that were on Versus/NBCSN, NBC or my RSN. It would not transfer recorded shows from other CI channels. After weeks of working with Case Management, I was told that the Nomad considered CI games as PPV (which you can't transfer to the Nomad). They say they had a fix in works and should be working for 'next season.' Of course, hasn't been a season to try, so not sure if it has been fixed.

#5 OFFLINE   Scott Kocourek

Scott Kocourek

On the edge

• Super Moderators
  • 9,015 posts
  • LocationWisconsin

Posted 07 January 2013 - 05:02 PM

Guys and gals, I've been asked to keep the NHL threads consolidated. Please continue the conversation in the sports forum found here: http://www.dbstalk.c...490#post3157490

Thanks!

Opinions expressed by me are my own and do not necessarily reflect
those of DBSTalk.com, DIRECTV, Dish Network, or any other company.
Become a DBSTalk.com member or join the CE program HERE

spam firewall