Welcome to DBSTalk

Sign In 

Create Account
Welcome to DBSTalk. Our community covers all aspects of video delivery solutions including: Direct Broadcast Satellite (DBS), Cable Television, and Internet Protocol Television (IPTV). We also have forums to discuss popular television programs, home theater equipment, and internet streaming service providers. Members of our community include experts who can help you solve technical problems, industry professionals, company representatives, and novices who are here to learn.

Like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community. Sign-up is a free and simple process that requires minimal information. Be a part of our community by signing in or creating an account. The Digital Bit Stream starts here!
  • Reply to existing topics or start a discussion of your own
  • Subscribe to topics and forums and get email updates
  • Send private personal messages (PM) to other forum members
  • Customize your profile page and make new friends

Guest Message by DevFuse

Photo

Can my D* remote turn multiple devices on/off?

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 OFFLINE   carillon

carillon

Legend

• Registered
  • 140 posts

Posted 07 January 2013 - 03:47 PM

I have an RC65 remote... I'd like for it to power on/off my H24-700 and Toshiba TV. I have programmed the remote and it will power on/off both as long as the slider is in the position to control each separately. It would be really convenient if it could be left in the D* position and power on/off both using the on & off buttons at the top right of the remote. Is this possible?

I also run the audio through a Yamaha receiver and I was able to successfully program it to change the volume; however, I'm unable to power it on/off unless I slide the switch to AV1.

I really don't care about powering on/off the receiver as I plan on leaving it on all the time, but I would really like to be able to leave the remote in the D* position and power on/off both the receiver and the TV.

Anyone have any helpful tips to try or have I reached the limit of this remote? Thanks!
SlimLine-5 SWM-8-LNB Dish (HD Service / WHDVR)
HR34-700 Genie / Sharp 52LE700UN HDTV / HDMI / Networked - DECA
C31 Genie RVU Client / Dynex HDTV / HDMI / Networked - DECA
HR24-500 / Panasonic TC-P54S2 / HDMI / Networked - DECA
H24-700 / Toshiba SDTV / Networked - DECA

...Ads Help To Support This SIte...

#2 OFFLINE   Rockaway1836

Rockaway1836

Godfather

• Registered
  • 419 posts

Posted 07 January 2013 - 04:16 PM

Can't answer you about your Yamaha. But I have 15 receivers in all. All but one TV turns off at the same time the receiver does. The one that does not is a Hisense, which I have yet to be able to get a remote code for.

#3 OFFLINE   Xsabresx

Xsabresx

Icon

• Registered
  • 981 posts

Posted 07 January 2013 - 04:36 PM

I know it is possible as every tv in the house is powered on/off that way. I hit the "on" button and both the receiver and tv come on. I hit off and they go off. No playing with the slider.

The only exception is my Vizio. If I hit "on" it comes on. If I hit "on" again, it goes off. If I hit "off" it comes on and if I hit "off" again it goes off.

My Onkyo receiver I have to move the slider and hit the button marked "PWR"
since 2001

HR20-700 -- LG 55LH55 LCD
HR23-700 -- Sony KDL-60EX500 LCD
HR21-100 --Vizio VA26LHDTV10T
H24-100 -- Hitachi 51F59 Rear Projection
H24-100 -- Some tube that wont die

#4 OFFLINE   Edmund

Edmund

Remote Master

• DBSTalk Club
  • 1,753 posts
  • LocationSouthern Ca

Posted 07 January 2013 - 04:58 PM

You can only control a tv and sat receiver via the ON & OFF keys.

try switching the toshiba to codes 12006 or 10765.
aka Tivoburkee

#5 OFFLINE   makaiguy

makaiguy

Icon

• Registered
  • 614 posts
  • LocationAiken, SC

Posted 07 January 2013 - 05:10 PM

When you have programmed the remote so that when the slide switch is in the TV position the PWR button turns the TV on and off ...

With television on and the remote in TV position, press and hold down MUTE and SELECT until the small light blinks twice.

Enter code 960.

Slide switch back over to "DTV". The on/off buttons in the upper right of the remote should now turn both your DTV receiver and TV on and off at the same time.

Note that there are some TV's that just won't cooperate with this -- don't know why when the code is obviously present in the remote. We have an old Samsung in the bedroom that we can only turn on/off via the PWR switch with the remote in TV position.
DirecTV customer since 1997
HR24-500, HR22-100
I don't do buddy/friends lists, don't ask.

#6 OFFLINE   carillon

carillon

Legend

• Topic Starter
  • Registered
  • 140 posts

Posted 07 January 2013 - 06:09 PM

I appreciate the quick replies! I've got it working now so that the D* receiver and the TV will turn on/off with the buttons at the top right of the remote. The A/V receiver still controls the volume via the remote Vol up/down too but just won't turn on/off with the others. That's okay since it'll just remain on all the time.

Thanks again!
SlimLine-5 SWM-8-LNB Dish (HD Service / WHDVR)
HR34-700 Genie / Sharp 52LE700UN HDTV / HDMI / Networked - DECA
C31 Genie RVU Client / Dynex HDTV / HDMI / Networked - DECA
HR24-500 / Panasonic TC-P54S2 / HDMI / Networked - DECA
H24-700 / Toshiba SDTV / Networked - DECA

spam firewall