Welcome to DBSTalk

Sign In 

Create Account
Welcome to DBSTalk, like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community, but don't worry this is a simple free process that requires minimal information for you to signup. Be a part of DBSTalk by signing in or creating an account.
  • Start new topics and reply to others
  • Subscribe to topics and forums to get email updates
  • Get your own profile page and make new friends
  • Send personal messages to other members.

Guest Message by DevFuse

Photo
- - - - -

Bad SWiM LNBs

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 OFFLINE   Mark40930

Mark40930

Mentor

• Registered
  • 48 posts
  • LocationLas Vegas, NV

Posted 07 January 2013 - 06:34 PM

This weekend, lost signal on my R16 in the living room. Reset failed to restore, was still getting good signal on the HR24 and D12, except 771 on test channel 9502 (101 even TPs). Called up D*, had Protection Plan agent roll a tech out today.

After swapping out the LNB, everything is back up and running.

The tech told me about 4 months ago (coincidentally with my HR24 install), they received a batch of faulty SWiM LNBs which have been failing, and I was the 5th straight LNB swap of the day he had.

Was curious if other HSAs had the same problem in their areas like this. I still have the old unit if lot numbers or serials are needed.

D* Setup:
1 x HR24-500 DVR

FTA Setup (in storage):
HotDish 90cm dish
Invacom Linear/Circular LNBF
Openbox S16 HD receiver

Another circumstance, too, worried me in those days: that there was no on like me and I was unlike anyone else. - Dostoyevsky

...Ads Help To Support This SIte...

#2 OFFLINE   rahlquist

rahlquist

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 1,625 posts

Posted 08 January 2013 - 10:18 AM

I seem to recall very shortly after the first SWiM LNB's came out a similar issue happened where the bad LNB's in question couldn't take freezing at all. The first cold snap and whammo a whole mess of people with issues.

Like any consumer electronics QC problems happen.

spam firewall