Welcome to DBSTalk

Sign In 

Create Account
Welcome to DBSTalk. Our community covers all aspects of video delivery solutions including: Direct Broadcast Satellite (DBS), Cable Television, and Internet Protocol Television (IPTV). We also have forums to discuss popular television programs, home theater equipment, and internet streaming service providers. Members of our community include experts who can help you solve technical problems, industry professionals, company representatives, and novices who are here to learn.

Like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community. Sign-up is a free and simple process that requires minimal information. Be a part of our community by signing in or creating an account. The Digital Bit Stream starts here!
  • Reply to existing topics or start a discussion of your own
  • Subscribe to topics and forums and get email updates
  • Send private personal messages (PM) to other forum members
  • Customize your profile page and make new friends

Guest Message by DevFuse

Photo
- - - - -

Genie and clients freezing?

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 OFFLINE   kcn823

kcn823

Cool Member

• Registered
  • 26 posts

Posted 07 January 2013 - 06:45 PM

I've had the genie along with 2 clients now for a couple of months. For the most part I'm really happy with it. But a bunch of times I've had freezing issues on both the genie and client tv's. And it doesn't actually happen while watching the tv at the time. But when I wake up in the morning and turn the tv on the channel will be froze and you can't ff, rewind or get a live picture without changing the channel. This has happened on the genie and both clients. Has anyone had this issue or know why this is happening?

...Ads Help To Support This SIte...

#2 OFFLINE   Mike Greer

Mike Greer

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 1,612 posts
  • LocationSalt Lake City, Utah

Posted 07 January 2013 - 07:35 PM

I've had the genie along with 2 clients now for a couple of months. For the most part I'm really happy with it. But a bunch of times I've had freezing issues on both the genie and client tv's. And it doesn't actually happen while watching the tv at the time. But when I wake up in the morning and turn the tv on the channel will be froze and you can't ff, rewind or get a live picture without changing the channel. This has happened on the genie and both clients. Has anyone had this issue or know why this is happening?

I don't have a the hardware but it seems to be a common thing if you search around here...

Likely have to live with it until they fix the software but take a look around here - maybe someone that has it can give you some pointers to avoid the trouble as much as possible....

#3 OFFLINE   augisdad

augisdad

AllStar

• Registered
  • 120 posts
  • LocationKC area

Posted 08 January 2013 - 08:29 AM

I've had the Genie since April and it has happened with me in various forms on the last 3 releases. The 1st time it happened was on the 2hr premier episode of this season's The Amazing Race. All that was recorded was 2hrs of nothing, and the screen was frozen with the last screenshot from live TV, so you can see the issue has been around for quite some time now. It has since happened in the form you speak of, coming out of watching a recording and/or waking up to a frozen screen numerous times. The ghost recording issue has happened at least 3 times since the initial one. It seems to occur if you are on the same channel your recording is going to record. Apparently this is not an issue as it does not appear to be going away, (or has not been experienced by enough people yet to work on it).
HR20-100 since 2008 w/27" Sony SDTV
HR34 since 4/3/2012 w/47" Mitsubishi HDTV
HMC since 4/3/2012

Protected By... spam firewall...And...