Welcome to DBSTalk

Sign In 

Create Account
Welcome to DBSTalk. Our community covers all aspects of video delivery solutions including: Direct Broadcast Satellite (DBS), Cable Television, and Internet Protocol Television (IPTV). We also have forums to discuss popular television programs, home theater equipment, and internet streaming service providers. Members of our community include experts who can help you solve technical problems, industry professionals, company representatives, and novices who are here to learn.

Like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community. Sign-up is a free and simple process that requires minimal information. Be a part of our community by signing in or creating an account. The Digital Bit Stream starts here!
  • Reply to existing topics or start a discussion of your own
  • Subscribe to topics and forums and get email updates
  • Send private personal messages (PM) to other forum members
  • Customize your profile page and make new friends

Guest Message by DevFuse

Photo
- - - - -

Hopper with Sling upgrade fees

• Please log in to reply
50 replies to this topic

#41 OFFLINE   chriscpmtmp

chriscpmtmp

Legend

• Registered
  • 159 posts

Posted 17 January 2013 - 07:02 PM

I think a good percentage of my posts were followed up by a P Smith post. This string really made me LOL.

Agreed, makes perfect sense as always. Especially from someone who seems to always need to have the final word/post. Going as far as telling someone to not disturb a thread when i was confirming a posters idea because he was the last poster,weird dude in my opinion. Or if someone posts something he isn't sure of or posts info he doesn't have, regardless of the fact he has no idea about the posters validity, he argues it or says the poster is in some imaginary world. But it's cool, he's boss so ill keep an eye on my posts and make sure I get the P Smith seal of approval before posting,

Chris

61.5/72
Super Joey - main floor
Hopper w/ Sling - basement, bedroom, audio feed
video distributed over cat5
audio distributed over Russound

...Ads Help To Support This SIte...

#42 OFFLINE   some guy

some guy

Godfather

• Registered
  • 413 posts

Posted 17 January 2013 - 07:46 PM

I think a good percentage of my posts were followed up by a P Smith post. This string really made me LOL.

Mine as well

#43 OFFLINE   fudpucker

fudpucker

Godfather

• Registered
  • 627 posts

Posted 19 January 2013 - 08:56 AM

So, I just saw a Dirt member post in another part of the board that they do not have the ability to discount the new Hopper with Sling.

Does this mean that upgrading from my 722/612/612 to two Hoppers with Slings and a Joey would require me to pay $600+????? Is this just a way to keep all the Hoppers with Slings reserved for new customers?

#44 OFFLINE   some guy

some guy

Godfather

• Registered
  • 413 posts

Posted 19 January 2013 - 09:21 AM

So, I just saw a Dirt member post in another part of the board that they do not have the ability to discount the new Hopper with Sling.

Does this mean that upgrading from my 722/612/612 to two Hoppers with Slings and a Joey would require me to pay $600+????? Is this just a way to keep all the Hoppers with Slings reserved for new customers?

That means they can "work out a special deal". I think most upgrades for hopper w sling are between $200-300 depending on your account. They can offer you what your account qualifies for just like any Dish phone or chat agent. I'm sure they were getting asked left and right if DIRT could do special favors or extra discounts.

#45 OFFLINE   fudpucker

fudpucker

Godfather

• Registered
  • 627 posts

Posted 19 January 2013 - 09:27 AM

That means they can "work out a special deal". I think most upgrades for hopper w sling are between $200-300 depending on your account. They can offer you what your account qualifies for just like any Dish phone or chat agent. I'm sure they were getting asked left and right if DIRT could do special favors or extra discounts.

Actually, the DIRT rep made it very clear they have no authorization to do any discounts on Hopper with Sling upgrades. Which I am assuming means Dish is holding the line on discounts.

I'd be interested in whether anyone is getting any discounts on upgrades.

#46 OFFLINE   some guy

some guy

Godfather

• Registered
  • 413 posts

Posted 19 January 2013 - 09:29 AM

Actually, the DIRT rep made it very clear they have no authorization to do any discounts on Hopper with Sling upgrades. Which I am assuming means Dish is holding the line on discounts.

I'd be interested in whether anyone is getting any discounts on upgrades.

I think that depends on what you mean. They can offer the price your account is eligible for($200/$300) they just can't go any further with it. They couldn't offer any special discounts when Hopper2000 launched last year either. They are required to follow company policy like all other reps.

#47 OFFLINE   fudpucker

fudpucker

Godfather

• Registered
  • 627 posts

Posted 19 January 2013 - 10:58 AM

I think that depends on what you mean. They can offer the price your account is eligible for($200/$300) they just can't go any further with it. They couldn't offer any special discounts when Hopper2000 launched last year either. They are required to follow company policy like all other reps.

Well, yeah - my point is that it looks like Dish is setting the upgrade price for current users (and we are higher end package, well over $100 per month, never missed a payment, etc. etc.) at around $200-300 per Hopper w/ Sling. The upgrade price for the original Hopper was $100, and a Dirt rep was able to make it $50, so my upgrade to two Hoppers was only $100 vs. what looks to be $600 for the HwS.

So my guess is that Dish is wanting to make sure they have plenty of HwSs in stock and are reserving them for new customers, since I doubt many current users are going to spend $300 or $600 for an upgrade.

Sucks to be a current customer. ;)

#48 OFFLINE   some guy

some guy

Godfather

• Registered
  • 413 posts

Posted 19 January 2013 - 11:03 AM

Could you get away with 1 Hws? I thought I heard that's DISH's policy right now, limit 1 leased HWS. I could be wrong but I recall hearing that. I have one of each and I don't see a need as of right now that would compel me to get a second HWS.

#49 OFFLINE   BrianB

BrianB

Mentor

• Registered
  • 39 posts

Posted 19 January 2013 - 11:16 AM

Agreed, makes perfect sense as always. Especially from someone who seems to always need to have the final word/post. Going as far as telling someone to not disturb a thread when i was confirming a posters idea because he was the last poster,weird dude in my opinion. Or if someone posts something he isn't sure of or posts info he doesn't have, regardless of the fact he has no idea about the posters validity, he argues it or says the poster is in some imaginary world. But it's cool, he's boss so ill keep an eye on my posts and make sure I get the P Smith seal of approval before posting,

Click on his user ID to go his page, then "ignore user." Works wonders. :)

#50 OFFLINE   3HaloODST

3HaloODST

Godfather

• Registered
  • 469 posts

Posted 19 January 2013 - 02:05 PM

Could you get away with 1 Hws? I thought I heard that's DISH's policy right now, limit 1 leased HWS. I could be wrong but I recall hearing that. I have one of each and I don't see a need as of right now that would compel me to get a second HWS.

I know if/when I get HwS 1 will be all I will need. Only for the iPad functionality. The other 2 will remain as H2000s. I may wait it out to see if upgrade fees get lower. What worries me is what if they start releasing a new Hopper every year? Lol. Like iPhone/iPad, maybe I should just wait for next year's model?

2 Hoppers w/Sling / 2 Hopper 2000s / 1 Joey

1 ViP722k (separate account)

#51 OFFLINE   fudpucker

fudpucker

Godfather

• Registered
  • 627 posts

Posted 19 January 2013 - 03:59 PM

I could probably get away with 1 HwS, one older Hopper, and a Joey. But if they charge $300 for the HwS, that's still $350 or more for the upgrade.

Protected By... spam firewall...And...