Welcome to DBSTalk

Sign In 

Create Account
Welcome to DBSTalk. Our community covers all aspects of video delivery solutions including: Direct Broadcast Satellite (DBS), Cable Television, and Internet Protocol Television (IPTV). We also have forums to discuss popular television programs, home theater equipment, and internet streaming service providers. Members of our community include experts who can help you solve technical problems, industry professionals, company representatives, and novices who are here to learn.

Like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community. Sign-up is a free and simple process that requires minimal information. Be a part of our community by signing in or creating an account. The Digital Bit Stream starts here!
  • Reply to existing topics or start a discussion of your own
  • Subscribe to topics and forums and get email updates
  • Send private personal messages (PM) to other forum members
  • Customize your profile page and make new friends

Guest Message by DevFuse

Photo

DVR items using media server?

• Please log in to reply
No replies to this topic

#1 OFFLINE   bigwilly087

bigwilly087

AllStar

• Registered
  • 66 posts

Posted 08 January 2013 - 02:19 PM

I succesfully used the Directv2pc program on my laptop for the last couple years, however recently the receivers do not appear on my laptop via wifi, they only show up when my laptop is plugged into the router. I tried everything possible to get it to work and gave up. I just picked up the Nexus 10 over the weekend, and would love to find a solution to watch programs from my DVR on the Nexus along with the laptop. I set up my laptop with the Plex media server (great program btw) and am now able to stream all the videos on my computer to my tablet or smartphone, on network or even remotely. Is it possible to integrate the DVR programs through the Plex media server? I plan on setting up a small computer with the sole purpose of being a media server, and it will be connected via ethernet to the router so should have no problem "seeing" the directv receivers.

If not, is there any way possible to accomplish the task of viewing all DVR programs on devices while both in my house AND remotely (i.e. slingbox). I see Dish Network unveiled that capability today, and want to make it work with Directv, even if I have to do it a weird way.

...Ads Help To Support This SIte...

Protected By... spam firewall...And...