Welcome to DBSTalk

Sign In 

Create Account
Welcome to DBSTalk. Our community covers all aspects of video delivery solutions including: Direct Broadcast Satellite (DBS), Cable Television, and Internet Protocol Television (IPTV). We also have forums to discuss popular television programs, home theater equipment, and internet streaming service providers. Members of our community include experts who can help you solve technical problems, industry professionals, company representatives, and novices who are here to learn.

Like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community. Sign-up is a free and simple process that requires minimal information. Be a part of our community by signing in or creating an account. The Digital Bit Stream starts here!
  • Reply to existing topics or start a discussion of your own
  • Subscribe to topics and forums and get email updates
  • Send private personal messages (PM) to other forum members
  • Customize your profile page and make new friends

Guest Message by DevFuse

Photo
- - - - -

Moving to a condo with HOA service

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 OFFLINE   Desert Goat

Desert Goat

• Registered
  • 7 posts
  • LocationJupiter, FL

Posted 08 January 2013 - 10:48 PM

I have been a D* subscriber almost continuously for the past 10+ years. Here in Arizona, I own a condo and I have my dish mounted on the roof per HOA guidelines.

I am moving to South Florida later this month, and the condo I am renting there has HOA-provided D* service through a company called TCI. I have a couple of questions that maybe some of you can help me out with:

1. I am an annual NFLST subscriber. Will I still be able to subscribe using the HOA-provided flavor of D*?

2. I currently have the Whole Home DVR setup with an HR-24 half full of unwatched shows in the living room and an H24 in the bedroom. Will I be able to keep my current receivers using the new condo's system, and will I be able to maintain the Whole-Home setup?

I apologize if these are newbie questions, I have just not had any experience with D* outside of the traditional "one dish for one house" kind of setup.

Thanks in advance,

John

...Ads Help To Support This SIte...

#2 OFFLINE   P Smith

P Smith

Mr. FixAnything

• Registered
  • 19,846 posts
  • LocationMediterranean Sea

Posted 08 January 2013 - 11:09 PM

it they use IP based distribution you will not get same setup, albeit most likely could preserve your programming...
I would call TCI and get all the answers from them directly or you will get bunch guesses here :)

Protected By... spam firewall...And...