Welcome to DBSTalk

Sign In 

Create Account
Welcome to DBSTalk. Our community covers all aspects of video delivery solutions including: Direct Broadcast Satellite (DBS), Cable Television, and Internet Protocol Television (IPTV). We also have forums to discuss popular television programs, home theater equipment, and internet streaming service providers. Members of our community include experts who can help you solve technical problems, industry professionals, company representatives, and novices who are here to learn.

Like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community. Sign-up is a free and simple process that requires minimal information. Be a part of our community by signing in or creating an account. The Digital Bit Stream starts here!
  • Reply to existing topics or start a discussion of your own
  • Subscribe to topics and forums and get email updates
  • Send private personal messages (PM) to other forum members
  • Customize your profile page and make new friends

Guest Message by DevFuse

Photo

Ethernet Not Connected (9)

• Please log in to reply
28 replies to this topic

#1 OFFLINE   wrj

wrj

Legend

• Registered
  • 153 posts

Posted 09 January 2013 - 12:45 AM

My WHDVR is no longer working. I've only had the system installed for a week and it initially worked fine. Now I cannot see the common playlist from either DVR. My system is a HR34 and HR21 with SWM 8 and CCK (wired).

I get an IP address on both DVRs. I can view Youtube on both. But on the HR34, going into Settings and viewing Info & Test, the Network shows "Ethernet Not Connected (9)". It shows connected on the HR21.
Also, on the HR21,the STB Services ports (which I'm not sure what that is) shows a yellow triangle (like a warning) then NA(100). On the HR34 it shows a 5 digit number.

I have rebooted both DVRs several times (using RBR). Also, unplugged CCK? (black device with a CAT5 run to my router and coax lines) several times. BTW, CAT5 is only connected to that device. It is not connected to either receiver. Rebooted router (even though I know it was serving an IP address to both receivers). I even ran Repeat Satellite Setup on both receivers.

The Whole House status shows Sharing On and Authorized. But still no common playlist on either DVR.

Any help would be appreciated.

...Ads Help To Support This Site...

#2 OFFLINE   brett_the_bomb

brett_the_bomb

Legend

• Registered
  • 182 posts

Posted 09 January 2013 - 02:11 AM

May I suggest calling dtv and making sure whole home is on your account. Sounds funny but I have had whole home since it was in beta and on a few occasions it has just randomly turned off. I think u checked this too but is sharing on on both receivers? Last but not least have you changed anything?

My setup: HR 44, HR34, 2x HR 24, 2x HR 23-700, 4x C31's, Nomad...

#3 OFFLINE   wrj

wrj

Legend

• Topic Starter
  • Registered
  • 153 posts

Posted 09 January 2013 - 09:05 AM

May I suggest calling dtv and making sure whole home is on your account. Sounds funny but I have had whole home since it was in beta and on a few occasions it has just randomly turned off. I think u checked this too but is sharing on on both receivers? Last but not least have you changed anything?

My last resort will be to call DTV. However, when I go to Whole House on the setting menu, it says Authorized.

The only thing I did was at my switch and router. I moved CAT5 around. But the router is serving an IP address and I can do Youtube on both receivers.

BTW, I have done Network defaults and test several times on settings menu.

#4 OFFLINE   brett_the_bomb

brett_the_bomb

Legend

• Registered
  • 182 posts

Posted 09 January 2013 - 10:16 AM

My last resort will be to call DTV. However, when I go to Whole House on the setting menu, it says Authorized.

The only thing I did was at my switch and router. I moved CAT5 around. But the router is serving an IP address and I can do Youtube on both receivers.

BTW, I have done Network defaults and test several times on settings menu.

Any chance u have an Ethernet cable attached to 34? U said u have a hard wire cck, the one that is wired into your router and converts coax to cat 5 correct?

#5 OFFLINE   wrj

wrj

Legend

• Topic Starter
  • Registered
  • 153 posts

Posted 09 January 2013 - 12:30 PM

Any chance u have an Ethernet cable attached to 34? U said u have a hard wire cck, the one that is wired into your router and converts coax to cat 5 correct?

No CAT5 going to either DVR. The installer unplugged them and even removed them from the router/switch.

#6 OFFLINE   brett_the_bomb

brett_the_bomb

Legend

• Registered
  • 182 posts

Posted 09 January 2013 - 03:32 PM

No CAT5 going to either DVR. The installer unplugged them and even removed them from the router/switch.

Had an idea. In ur list options u can set it to filter the playlist and only show the local playlist. Have u checked this setting?

#7 OFFLINE   wrj

wrj

Legend

• Topic Starter
  • Registered
  • 153 posts

Posted 09 January 2013 - 04:18 PM

Had an idea. In ur list options u can set it to filter the playlist and only show the local playlist. Have u checked this setting?

Nice idea but unfortunately it is set properly.

#8 OFFLINE   brett_the_bomb

brett_the_bomb

Legend

• Registered
  • 182 posts

Posted 09 January 2013 - 04:24 PM

Nice idea but unfortunately it is set properly.

Well I'm about out of ideas. You seem pretty savy to me, but for trouble shooting u may try disconnecting you internet from the directv system and reset the network settings on all of your receivers. U don't need your router for whole home so this may help isolate the issue.

#9 OFFLINE   wrj

wrj

Legend

• Topic Starter
  • Registered
  • 153 posts

Posted 09 January 2013 - 05:58 PM

Well I'm about out of ideas.

Good grief, has it come down to this? Do I need to call DTV? Please someone save me.

#10 OFFLINE   jagrim

jagrim

Hall Of Fame

• DBSTalk Club
  • 1,788 posts

Posted 09 January 2013 - 07:09 PM

Have you tried rerunning the network setup?

What about going back to the original configuration that worked - before you moved the Cat5 around?

#11 OFFLINE   wrj

wrj

Legend

• Topic Starter
  • Registered
  • 153 posts

Posted 09 January 2013 - 07:26 PM

Have you tried rerunning the network setup?

What about going back to the original configuration that worked - before you moved the Cat5 around?

I reran network setup and done restore defaults" several times. No success.

I also had moved CAT5 back to switch (original) setup also.

#12 OFFLINE   jagrim

jagrim

Hall Of Fame

• DBSTalk Club
  • 1,788 posts

Posted 09 January 2013 - 08:33 PM

Do you have a Cat5 access near the 34? If so, try and use the 34 as the bridge.

If you use the 34 as the bridge, then you will not need the CCK.

#13 OFFLINE   wrj

wrj

Legend

• Topic Starter
  • Registered
  • 153 posts

Posted 09 January 2013 - 10:03 PM

Do you have a Cat5 access near the 34? If so, try and use the 34 as the bridge.

If you use the 34 as the bridge, then you will not need the CCK.

Yes, I do so exactly how to I connect. I assume the CAT5 from the router goes into the HR34 but what happens at the HR21? I have a CAT5 (from the router) near that also. Should I plug that in? What do I do with the DECA at the HR21?

#14 OFFLINE   brett_the_bomb

brett_the_bomb

Legend

• Registered
  • 182 posts

Posted 09 January 2013 - 10:12 PM

Yes, I do so exactly how to I connect. I assume the CAT5 from the router goes into the HR34 but what happens at the HR21? I have a CAT5 (from the router) near that also. Should I plug that in? What do I do with the DECA at the HR21?

Swim shares the internet connection between all receivers. But if I remember correctly u can't use the Ethernet on 34 and have whole home because the internal deca shuts off the Ethernet once its activated. U can however use both Ethernet and a deca on the hr21. I was saying earlier that u should just see if whole home work if disconnect your internet and home network from the swim network. If it does then there maybe an addressing conflict with your router and the swim network.

#15 OFFLINE   veryoldschool

veryoldschool

Lifetime Achiever

• Moderators
  • 41,990 posts

Posted 09 January 2013 - 10:20 PM

The HR34 is the only current receiver that can have both the internal DECA/coax network active AND also ethernet connected.
It's the H/HR24s that disable the DECA when the ethernet is connected.
A.K.A VOS

#16 OFFLINE   brett_the_bomb

brett_the_bomb

Legend

• Registered
  • 182 posts

Posted 09 January 2013 - 10:23 PM

The HR34 is the only current receiver that can have both the internal DECA/coax network active AND also ethernet connected.
It's the H/HR24s that disable the DECA when the ethernet is connected.

Never mind. This is why we VOS. Lol. Dang 24s have me all mixed up.

#17 OFFLINE   wrj

wrj

Legend

• Topic Starter
  • Registered
  • 153 posts

Posted 09 January 2013 - 10:23 PM

I was saying earlier that u should just see if whole home work if disconnect your internet and home network from the swim network. If it does then there maybe an addressing conflict with your router and the swim network.

I forget to respond on your suggestion. I did remove CAT5 from system and still same issue. Internet okay but can't share playlist. And of course HR34 says Ethernet Not Connected (9).

#18 OFFLINE   brett_the_bomb

brett_the_bomb

Legend

• Registered
  • 182 posts

Posted 09 January 2013 - 10:31 PM

I forget to respond on your suggestion. I did remove CAT5 from system and still same issue. Internet okay but can't share playlist. And of course HR34 says Ethernet Not Connected (9).

Mine says the same but it says coax connected. I'm out of ideas my friend could be bad hardware...

#19 OFFLINE   veryoldschool

veryoldschool

Lifetime Achiever

• Moderators
  • 41,990 posts

Posted 09 January 2013 - 11:53 PM

My WHDVR is no longer working. I've only had the system installed for a week and it initially worked fine. Now I cannot see the common playlist from either DVR. My system is a HR34 and HR21 with SWM 8 and CCK (wired).

I get an IP address on both DVRs. I can view Youtube on both. But on the HR34, going into Settings and viewing Info & Test, the Network shows "Ethernet Not Connected (9)". It shows connected on the HR21.
Also, on the HR21,the STB Services ports (which I'm not sure what that is) shows a yellow triangle (like a warning) then NA(100). On the HR34 it shows a 5 digit number.

I have rebooted both DVRs several times (using RBR). Also, unplugged CCK? (black device with a CAT5 run to my router and coax lines) several times. BTW, CAT5 is only connected to that device. It is not connected to either receiver. Rebooted router (even though I know it was serving an IP address to both receivers). I even ran Repeat Satellite Setup on both receivers.

The Whole House status shows Sharing On and Authorized. But still no common playlist on either DVR.

Any help would be appreciated.

The network info looks correct.
The CCK is supplying the internet, the HR34 doesn't need ethernet, and the HR21 doesn't know a DECA is connected to its ethernet. STB service port is meaningless for this problem so don't worry about the <100> error.

This sort of leaves "what are the IPs and subnets" being shown on the receivers?
A.K.A VOS

#20 OFFLINE   wrj

wrj

Legend

• Topic Starter
  • Registered
  • 153 posts

Posted 10 January 2013 - 09:26 AM

The network info looks correct.
... and the HR21 doesn't know a DECA is connected to its ethernet.

This sort of leaves "what are the IPs and subnets" being shown on the receivers?

HR34

Network: Ethernet Not Connected (9)
Coax Connected

Internet: Connected

HR21

Network: Connected
Internet: Connected

HR21 has DECA connected with two green lights on

Last night I unplugged everything, 2 DVRs, router, SWM, and CCK. left it off for roughly a minute. Then plugged in power on router and waited for it to totally reboot. then I plugged in CCK, SWM at a bought same time since they are mounted on same board. And finally plugged in both receivers.

Protected By... spam firewall...And...