Welcome to DBSTalk

Sign In 

Create Account
Welcome to DBSTalk. Our community covers all aspects of video delivery solutions including: Direct Broadcast Satellite (DBS), Cable Television, and Internet Protocol Television (IPTV). We also have forums to discuss popular television programs, home theater equipment, and internet streaming service providers. Members of our community include experts who can help you solve technical problems, industry professionals, company representatives, and novices who are here to learn.

Like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community. Sign-up is a free and simple process that requires minimal information. Be a part of our community by signing in or creating an account. The Digital Bit Stream starts here!
  • Reply to existing topics or start a discussion of your own
  • Subscribe to topics and forums and get email updates
  • Send private personal messages (PM) to other forum members
  • Customize your profile page and make new friends

Guest Message by DevFuse

Photo

Need some help please

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 OFFLINE   Ufda

Ufda

• Registered
  • 3 posts

Posted 09 January 2013 - 11:49 AM

I am in FL from AL have an HR22, SWM PI, slimline antenna. I have one feed only into my RV, lead from dish on PI input and other terminal has a cable to IRD.

In setup I get a screen telling me that tuner #2 cannot get signal.

I can get sd channels only, when I go to an HD channel I get a 771 error.

Is this a setup problem or a satellite issue ?

Thanks in advance,
Ufda

...Ads Help To Support This SIte...

#2 OFFLINE   jimmie57

jimmie57

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 3,513 posts
  • LocationTexas City, TX

Posted 09 January 2013 - 11:56 AM

Need clarification. You state that you have one cable ran into the RV. Does the dish LNB have more spots ( 4 all together ) to connect a coax ?

DirecTV customer since 1996 - Current :Slimline 3 SWM,   HR24-100 HDMI to 32" Sharp LED,
HR24-100 Component cables to 46" Samsung LCD & Optical Cable to Yamaha AVR, H21-200 HDMI to Yamaha AVR & HDMI to 52" Mitsubishi LCD

#3 OFFLINE   Ufda

Ufda

• Topic Starter
  • Registered
  • 3 posts

Posted 09 January 2013 - 12:00 PM

The LNB has only One terminal, from there to the RV, then to the PI, then to the HR22.

#4 OFFLINE   jimmie57

jimmie57

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 3,513 posts
  • LocationTexas City, TX

Posted 09 January 2013 - 12:32 PM

Make sure the coax is connected to Input / Sat 1.
Check the Satellite setup and see which dish it says it is connected to.
With the SWM LNB and the Power Inserter they usually choose the correct Dish .
To check this, Press and hold the Info button on the remote for 3 to 5 seconds ( until the system info comes to the screen ), then choose More Info and then scroll down the Info until you get to the dish Type.

Mine says Slimline-3S ( SWM )

About 2 pages it down it shows Tuner:. To the right of that mine says Tuner1: Sat, Record and Tuner 2: Sat, Record.

Make sure that in Setup you have not chosen to Hide HD channels. Either Show All or Hide SD Duplicates.
Menu, Settings, Display, Preferences Guide HD Channels

DirecTV customer since 1996 - Current :Slimline 3 SWM,   HR24-100 HDMI to 32" Sharp LED,
HR24-100 Component cables to 46" Samsung LCD & Optical Cable to Yamaha AVR, H21-200 HDMI to Yamaha AVR & HDMI to 52" Mitsubishi LCD

#5 OFFLINE   BAHitman

BAHitman

Godfather

• Registered
  • 431 posts
  • LocationAustin Texas

Posted 09 January 2013 - 12:43 PM

One other thing if the above checks out. check tuner 2 (use doubleplay by pressing the down arrow twice) and make sure that neither tuner is tuned to a locall. I have had this issue when traveling, the DVR has one tuner tuned to a local channel, and when you go outside the range of your local spotbeam(s), you have no signal issues... I now tune both tuners to channel 202 using doubleplay before I shut it down to move to the RV and have eliminated that problem when RV'ing...

HR34, HR20x3, HR22, HR23, H24, H21

-BAHitman

#6 OFFLINE   Ufda

Ufda

• Topic Starter
  • Registered
  • 3 posts

Posted 11 January 2013 - 08:31 AM

thanks for the reply i will check on double play this pm

Protected By... spam firewall...And...