Welcome to DBSTalk

Sign In 

Create Account
Welcome to DBSTalk. Our community covers all aspects of video delivery solutions including: Direct Broadcast Satellite (DBS), Cable Television, and Internet Protocol Television (IPTV). We also have forums to discuss popular television programs, home theater equipment, and internet streaming service providers. Members of our community include experts who can help you solve technical problems, industry professionals, company representatives, and novices who are here to learn.

Like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community. Sign-up is a free and simple process that requires minimal information. Be a part of our community by signing in or creating an account. The Digital Bit Stream starts here!
  • Reply to existing topics or start a discussion of your own
  • Subscribe to topics and forums and get email updates
  • Send private personal messages (PM) to other forum members
  • Customize your profile page and make new friends

Guest Message by DevFuse

Photo
- - - - -

new install and now a question

• Please log in to reply
7 replies to this topic

#1 OFFLINE   darkserpant

darkserpant

• Registered
  • 8 posts

Posted 09 January 2013 - 03:28 PM

I just got a hr34 along with the whole home network. Installed about 2 hours ago. Now I dont have the clients and a hr34 I have a hr34 and a hr24 and a hr22. Dont know if that makes a difference on my question or not. When I bring up the playlist on any dvr I get one whole playlist that has evrything in it. is there a way to tell what receiver has what shows on that playlist. Because we have 3 receivers in the house 2 got replaced and 1 we kept which was complety full of shows. 2% remaining. anyway when I brought up my playlist on my hr34 it also brought up the playlist from that full reciever with all the shows but it didnt say living room receiver which is what it is called. Its like all the shows are on my own playlist. but I know there now cause my capacity is at 100% Is there a way to seperate shows to there own receivers. I would rather not have all the shows in the house go into one big pot. And One more question my new receiver upstairs doesent see the other two receivers yet. Does it take awhile for it to see them? Every thing is turned on. setting wise. Thank you.

...Ads Help To Support This SIte...

#2 ONLINE   veryoldschool

veryoldschool

Lifetime Achiever

• Moderators
  • 41,723 posts

Posted 09 January 2013 - 04:08 PM

Your choice is share or not, but not "share this, but not this here".
The naming should show where the recording is located, but after naming, you may need to reboot before it's seen.
A.K.A VOS

#3 OFFLINE   hjones4841

hjones4841

Legend

• Registered
  • 148 posts

Posted 09 January 2013 - 04:10 PM

Sorry, but no, if the HR34 behaves like the HR2x series. The only other option is to have it filter by the local playlist, but that shows only what is on the one machine. When you open the List, you will see a label showing where each program is stored by room.

#4 OFFLINE   darkserpant

darkserpant

• Topic Starter
  • Registered
  • 8 posts

Posted 09 January 2013 - 04:55 PM

Ok from what u said unless I missunderstood when I open up the playlist I can c what room each playlist is from. I can not. When I open up the playlist it looks as if I recorded everything from this very own DVR. There is nothing to tell me otherwise. And my daughter who has her own DVR in living room has hundreds of tv shows and dissent delete anything at all. When a new show records it automatically deletes the oldest show to make room for the new one being recorded. That's how she likes it. So now when I hit my playlist I have to sift through hundreds of tv shows to get to mine that I will b recording if I can't c different rooms or DVRs. Thanks again.

#5 OFFLINE   hjones4841

hjones4841

Legend

• Registered
  • 148 posts

Posted 09 January 2013 - 06:12 PM

Maybe you should set hers to not share the playlist. That would keep hers off the other DVRs. She would still be able to see everything on the other DVRs, tho, since their playlists would be set to share.

As for not being able to tell what DVR recorded what, the HR34 may be different, but when I call up the List on my HR24s, the DVR that recorded it is listed. You do have each DVR named uniquely, right? The name is in the whole home settings as well as the initial network setup screen.

#6 OFFLINE   b52pooh

b52pooh

Cool Member

• Registered
  • 82 posts
  • LocationSouthern Oregon

Posted 09 January 2013 - 06:28 PM

The LIST button will show you all the recordings, either in folders, if there are multiples, or individually. Look at the title for each of the recordings, and it shows which DVR they were recorded on. You cannot see which DVR a folder was recorded from.

#7 OFFLINE   b52pooh

b52pooh

Cool Member

• Registered
  • 82 posts

Posted 09 January 2013 - 06:30 PM

The list is usually shown in folders with multiple recordings, and individual programs. In order to tell which DVR a recording was made on, you need to look at the title of the individual recording.

#8 OFFLINE   b52pooh

b52pooh

Cool Member

• Registered
  • 82 posts

Posted 09 January 2013 - 06:30 PM

Sorry about the dupe. Not refreshed fast enough.

spam firewall