Welcome to DBSTalk

Sign In 

Create Account
Welcome to DBSTalk. Our community covers all aspects of video delivery solutions including: Direct Broadcast Satellite (DBS), Cable Television, and Internet Protocol Television (IPTV). We also have forums to discuss popular television programs, home theater equipment, and internet streaming service providers. Members of our community include experts who can help you solve technical problems, industry professionals, company representatives, and novices who are here to learn.

Like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community. Sign-up is a free and simple process that requires minimal information. Be a part of our community by signing in or creating an account. The Digital Bit Stream starts here!
  • Reply to existing topics or start a discussion of your own
  • Subscribe to topics and forums and get email updates
  • Send private personal messages (PM) to other forum members
  • Customize your profile page and make new friends

Guest Message by DevFuse

Photo
- - - - -

HR34 Genie, version 0x05FD - Issues/Discussion

• Please log in to reply
181 replies to this topic

#1 OFFLINE   Mike Bertelson

Mike Bertelson

6EQUJ5 WOW!

• Moderators
  • 13,944 posts

Posted 09 January 2013 - 05:37 PM

This is the official Issues and Discussion thread for HR34, version 0x05D4

Release notes: http://www.dbstalk.c...d.php?p=3158763

We ask that you keep polite and focused within this thread, and post as much detail as possible. If your receiver is set up for network issue reporting, please post the key generated by the receiver.

Being part of the DBSTalk community means working together to help each other document issues and come up with solutions. While everyone gets upset from time to time, this is not the appropriate place for vents or rants. All off-topic posts and discussion will be deleted.

Thanks!

µß
Since it costs 2.4¢ to produce a penny, my 2¢ worth is really 4.8¢ worth.  That 4.8¢ is my own and not the 4.8¢ of DIRECTV, Dish, or anyone else for that matter.

...Ads Help To Support This SIte...

#2 OFFLINE   narcolept

narcolept

Godfather

• Registered
  • 355 posts

Posted 09 January 2013 - 06:36 PM

All resolutions but 480p were unselected. Previous to update, only 1080i and 1080p were selected.

#3 OFFLINE   El Gabito

El Gabito

AllStar

• Registered
  • 88 posts

Posted 09 January 2013 - 06:49 PM

The post says no new features, but I have several changes from the color buttons to other buttons (while in guide, etc). The color buttons still work the same.

I just got this today. Did others get it earlier? I looked through some past releases but saw nothing noted.

#4 OFFLINE   lacibaci

lacibaci

• Registered
  • 23 posts

Posted 09 January 2013 - 06:50 PM

We can finally delete recorded shows from C31 clients.

#5 OFFLINE   dpeters11

dpeters11

Hall Of Fame

• DBSTalk Club
  • 13,338 posts
  • LocationCincinnati

Posted 09 January 2013 - 06:58 PM

The post says no new features, but I have several changes from the color buttons to other buttons (while in guide, etc). The color buttons still work the same.

I just got this today. Did others get it earlier? I looked through some past releases but saw nothing noted.

That's a change for this version. I guess they really didn't consider it a new feature, as both sets of buttons have worked for a long time, they just changed the GUI.

#6 OFFLINE   rmmccann

rmmccann

AllStar

• Registered
  • 185 posts
  • LocationND, USA

Posted 09 January 2013 - 07:09 PM

480i is no longer selectable on my receiver (says TV doesn't support next to it). Kind of pisses me off because I use native and my TV does a much better job of upscaling than the DirecTV box does. SD channels really look like garbage now.
If you judge a fish on its ability to climb a tree, you will live your whole life believing it is stupid.

#7 OFFLINE   rmmccann

rmmccann

AllStar

• Registered
  • 185 posts
  • LocationND, USA

Posted 09 January 2013 - 07:13 PM

That's a change for this version. I guess they really didn't consider it a new feature, as both sets of buttons have worked for a long time, they just changed the GUI.

It looks like long term they are going to phase out the colored buttons. The CES preview of the HR44 has a new remote and I noticed those were missing from it right away.

I like the idea because then I don't have to look for universal remotes with color buttons on them anymore.
If you judge a fish on its ability to climb a tree, you will live your whole life believing it is stupid.

#8 OFFLINE   hound9p

hound9p

• Registered
  • 8 posts

Posted 09 January 2013 - 07:13 PM

Two important fixes from my perspective (I have HR-34 and 2 C31s). As mentioned earlier, you can delete from C31s, and folder view is now available on Directv2PC.

#9 OFFLINE   TMan

TMan

Legend

• Registered
  • 209 posts

Posted 09 January 2013 - 07:17 PM

How is deleting from a C31 a new thing?
October 2012 DirecTV subscriber - HR34(Genie)/C31/C31 - AU9-S-SWM Five LNB - Premier

#10 OFFLINE   dpeters11

dpeters11

Hall Of Fame

• DBSTalk Club
  • 13,338 posts
  • LocationCincinnati

Posted 09 January 2013 - 07:20 PM

I believe that in an environment with a c31 that does to have MRV on the account, this did not work.

#11 OFFLINE   fyrfyter

fyrfyter

Cool Member

• Registered
  • 12 posts

Posted 09 January 2013 - 07:40 PM

How is deleting from a C31 a new thing?

Last time I called DTV, they told me I would never be able to delete shows on my HR34 from my C31. They told me the salesperson and installer were both wrong. There was no offering for MRV or Whole Home DVR to fix this. I am glad this now works as intended, and it didn't cost me more out of pocket.

#12 OFFLINE   Drucifer

Drucifer

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 8,133 posts
  • LocationNY Hudson Valley

Posted 09 January 2013 - 07:41 PM

Well the Ignore the Remote at the top of the primetime hour, when Genie is starting and ending multi-recordings, is still present.
DREW
Do it Right, Do it Once
LR: HR34-7, Den: HR24-1, MB: HR24-5, Bsm: HR24-2, Kit: H25-5
PrimeStar '95, DirecTV  '00

#13 OFFLINE   stevetanneyhill

stevetanneyhill

Mentor

• Registered
  • 52 posts

Posted 09 January 2013 - 08:03 PM

Just got the update.

Unfortunately, all of my recorded programs were wiped clean and my favorites list no longer works (I had to re-program it). Also, my to do list and my series manager was wiped out.

Anyone have the same problems?

#14 OFFLINE   KoRn

KoRn

Legend

• Registered
  • 260 posts

Posted 09 January 2013 - 08:04 PM

I am ticked as well right now my 480i is missing. I use native myself and have everything checked. Says my tv does not support 480i now. It has always supported it. I really hope this is a major bug and not intentional on Directv's part. Anyone know whats going on? :nono:

480i is no longer selectable on my receiver (says TV doesn't support next to it). Kind of pisses me off because I use native and my TV does a much better job of upscaling than the DirecTV box does. SD channels really look like garbage now.

#15 OFFLINE   dpeters11

dpeters11

Hall Of Fame

• DBSTalk Club
  • 13,338 posts
  • LocationCincinnati

Posted 09 January 2013 - 08:16 PM

Just got the update.

Unfortunately, all of my recorded programs were wiped clean and my favorites list no longer works (I had to re-program it). Also, my to do list and my series manager was wiped out.

Anyone have the same problems?

Do you use an external drive? If so, try unplugging it, then plug it back in, maybe reboot after that.

#16 OFFLINE   dpeters11

dpeters11

Hall Of Fame

• DBSTalk Club
  • 13,338 posts
  • LocationCincinnati

Posted 09 January 2013 - 08:22 PM

I was able to select 480i on my Panny.

#17 OFFLINE   billcoff

billcoff

Mentor

• Registered
  • 45 posts

Posted 09 January 2013 - 08:43 PM

It may be too early, but it looks like this update fixed my skipping issues. Every so often a program would just stop for a second or two. Also, I could never pass the system test - I think it was a 752 error - network issues.

Now, everything looks stable and solid with no skips so far and I am passing system test.

#18 OFFLINE   stevetanneyhill

stevetanneyhill

Mentor

• Registered
  • 52 posts

Posted 09 January 2013 - 10:21 PM

Do you use an external drive? If so, try unplugging it, then plug it back in, maybe reboot after that.

No, I just have the standard set up with the internal drive. It's really strange b/c everything was wiped clean, EXCEPT for the name of my favorites list (there were no channels saved in it, but the name remained). Everything else was wiped clean (nothing in the programs list, nothing in the to do list, etc.).

Oh well.

#19 OFFLINE   Datagg

Datagg

Legend

• Registered
  • 247 posts
  • LocationMesa, AZ

Posted 10 January 2013 - 03:38 AM

Im able to pause now and play without issues. BUT I did a red button reset last night (had to do it every few days), update was after that...So a bit more time is needed to see if that issue is gone... But so far, looking good.

#20 OFFLINE   billcoff

billcoff

Mentor

• Registered
  • 45 posts

Posted 10 January 2013 - 10:44 AM

I spoke too soon. Skipping problem is back and HR34 is failing system test again.

Error 79-564
1. Network
Playback Errors due to dropped connections. This receiver appears to be experiencing network playback errors.

I called DTV a couple of weeks ago. Tech said they were told to ignore 79 errors.

Protected By... spam firewall...And...