Welcome to DBSTalk

Sign In 

Create Account
Welcome to DBSTalk. Our community covers all aspects of video delivery solutions including: Direct Broadcast Satellite (DBS), Cable Television, and Internet Protocol Television (IPTV). We also have forums to discuss popular television programs, home theater equipment, and internet streaming service providers. Members of our community include experts who can help you solve technical problems, industry professionals, company representatives, and novices who are here to learn.

Like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community. Sign-up is a free and simple process that requires minimal information. Be a part of our community by signing in or creating an account. The Digital Bit Stream starts here!
  • Reply to existing topics or start a discussion of your own
  • Subscribe to topics and forums and get email updates
  • Send private personal messages (PM) to other forum members
  • Customize your profile page and make new friends

Guest Message by DevFuse

Photo
- - - - -

HR34 Genie, version 0x05FD - Issues/Discussion

• Please log in to reply
181 replies to this topic

#21 OFFLINE   wrj

wrj

Legend

• Registered
  • 147 posts

Posted 10 January 2013 - 11:13 AM

I was able to select 480i on my Panny.

Same here

...Ads Help To Support This SIte...

#22 OFFLINE   lgno

lgno

• Registered
  • 6 posts

Posted 10 January 2013 - 11:16 AM

Just got the update.

Unfortunately, all of my recorded programs were wiped clean and my favorites list no longer works (I had to re-program it). Also, my to do list and my series manager was wiped out.

Anyone have the same problems?

You could say so:

I also have a major issue. My HR34 received the update yesterday...

#23 OFFLINE   Drucifer

Drucifer

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 7,670 posts
  • LocationNY Hudson Valley

Posted 10 January 2013 - 12:23 PM

My Genie Pet Peeve is now over a year old.

Issue: Recording Deletion via More Info - Deleting Remote Recording from the Program's More Info screen doesn't always take you back to the PlayList. Instead, you are often booted to Live TV or some other GUI screen that's not the PlayList. This bug is a known issue that been around since Genie was on the SDGUI.

DREW

Do it Right, Do it Once
LR: HR34-7, Den: HR24-1, MB: HR24-5, Bsm: HR21-2, Kit: H25-5
PrimeStar '95, DirecTV  '00

#24 OFFLINE   KK in CT

KK in CT

Legend

• Registered
  • 227 posts

Posted 10 January 2013 - 12:32 PM

I am ticked as well right now my 480i is missing. I use native myself and have everything checked. Says my tv does not support 480i now. It has always supported it. I really hope this is a major bug and not intentional on Directv's part. Anyone know whats going on? :nono:

My box now says the same thing. At least this time I didn't need to reboot to see the other box in the whole home setup.

#25 OFFLINE   dihawk57

dihawk57

• Registered
  • 7 posts

Posted 10 January 2013 - 02:37 PM

After the lastest update my 3D channels show side by side split screen. Anyone else having this problem. RBR didn't correct it. Any ideas ??

#26 ONLINE   RAD

RAD

Hall Of Fame

• DBSTalk Club
  • 15,903 posts
  • LocationDripping Springs, TX

Posted 10 January 2013 - 02:42 PM

After the lastest update my 3D channels show side by side split screen. Anyone else having this problem. RBR didn't correct it. Any ideas ??

Yes I've seen this, only work around for me at the moment is to manually switch the TV to SBS mode.

See post My Setup for configuration info.

#27 OFFLINE   Bigwayne13

Bigwayne13

Cool Member

• Registered
  • 30 posts

Posted 10 January 2013 - 03:50 PM

My 3D channels have always been side by side split-screen. :confused:

#28 ONLINE   RAD

RAD

Hall Of Fame

• DBSTalk Club
  • 15,903 posts

Posted 10 January 2013 - 03:59 PM

I spoke too soon. Skipping problem is back and HR34 is failing system test again.

Error 79-564
1. Network
Playback Errors due to dropped connections. This receiver appears to be experiencing network playback errors.

I called DTV a couple of weeks ago. Tech said they were told to ignore 79 errors.

If you have a C31 or Samsung RVU client yes you can probably ignore that error. It looks like every time the HR34 detects the client being turned off it logs that as a dropped connection. Hopefully someday they'll be able to figure out that it's being caused by the power off and not increment the dropped connection counter.

#29 OFFLINE   wrj

wrj

Legend

• Registered
  • 147 posts

Posted 10 January 2013 - 04:57 PM

I couldn't stop, pause, or get out while watching a recorded show. Tried two different remotes. I even tried to shut-off HR34 from front panel. Finally had to do RBR.

#30 ONLINE   RAD

RAD

Hall Of Fame

• DBSTalk Club
  • 15,903 posts

Posted 10 January 2013 - 06:03 PM

Diag all report 20130110-2F17

See attached.

Attached Thumbnails

• image-3429785050.jpg

#31 OFFLINE   cmasia

cmasia

Icon

• Registered
  • 653 posts

Posted 10 January 2013 - 06:11 PM

I couldn't stop, pause, or get out while watching a recorded show. Tried two different remotes. I even tried to shut-off HR34 from front panel. Finally had to do RBR.

Same thing happened to me, but a few days before this upgrade.
Lost all my OTA locals as well, and had to reboot the AM21, as well as the HR 34.

No problems since.

Still waiting for the abilty to listen to Pandora while watching a channel.

#32 OFFLINE   JGinLA

JGinLA

• Registered
  • 7 posts

Posted 10 January 2013 - 07:05 PM

The "Already recording" and "Keep it/ Delete it" misinformation finally went away for me. The little arrows at the top and bottom of the playlist are back. :)

#33 OFFLINE   billcoff

billcoff

Mentor

• Registered
  • 45 posts

Posted 11 January 2013 - 12:29 AM

If you have a C31 or Samsung RVU client yes you can probably ignore that error. It looks like every time the HR34 detects the client being turned off it logs that as a dropped connection. Hopefully someday they'll be able to figure out that it's being caused by the power off and not increment the dropped connection counter.

Thanks for the explanation. I reset my HR34 this morning. It now works better than any DTV receiver I have ever had. Quick and stable 30 second skips. No hangs or audio dropouts. No lip sync problems. I am finally a happy camper. Latest update sure made a difference. Still have the 79 error, but with your explanation I have a little more insight into why.

#34 OFFLINE   KoRn

KoRn

Legend

• Registered
  • 252 posts

Posted 11 January 2013 - 03:49 AM

What is up with the fast forward at 3x? Every single time it is ahead when you hit play for the show to resume at the area you want it back on. I have to back it up. So annoying. 2x does not have this problem.

#35 OFFLINE   philiphotog

philiphotog

• Registered
  • 9 posts

Posted 11 January 2013 - 08:48 AM

Just noticed my C-31s updated over the last 24-48 hours. The new software is version 0x70e ad is dated 12/21. But I checked this last about 2 days ago and was the version before this.

#36 OFFLINE   jrgutknecht

jrgutknecht

• Registered
  • 1 posts

Posted 11 January 2013 - 08:54 AM

I spoke too soon. Skipping problem is back and HR34 is failing system test again.

Error 79-564
1. Network
Playback Errors due to dropped connections. This receiver appears to be experiencing network playback errors.

I called DTV a couple of weeks ago. Tech said they were told to ignore 79 errors.

I had this same error on my system when first installed. I had read here that the 34 didn't need the external deca device, but instead to use the built in Ethernet. The installer (who did a GREAT job) insisted that they had to use the external device. I said "ok" and when tested in that configuration I too had the dropped connections. After I disconnected the Deca device and instead plugged the Ethernet cable directly into the 34, the problem went away. Since then it's been problem free. I only have the one HR34 and one client, so I don't have any other receivers to support, but if you have a wired connection available at the HR34 you might try plugging in the network there instead of over an external device - if that's not already done.

#37 ONLINE   The Merg

The Merg

1*

• Registered
  • 10,241 posts
  • LocationNorthern VA

Posted 11 January 2013 - 10:40 AM

Diag all report 20130110-2F17

See attached.

Keep or Delete? Press Select and we'll surprise you. :)

- Merg

Today's problems don't worry me, I haven't solved yesterday's yet.

SlimLine-3 Dish w/ SWM16 (HD Service / WHDVR) / Full Setup
HR34-700 / Panasonic TC-P50G25 HDTV / HDMI / Networked - DECA / Family Room
HR44-700 / Samsung HCM5525W HDTV / Component / Networked - DECA / Bedroom

HR24-100 / Samsung HCM5525W HDTV / Component / Networked - DECA / Bedroom

#38 ONLINE   The Merg

The Merg

1*

• Registered
  • 10,241 posts
  • LocationNorthern VA

Posted 11 January 2013 - 10:45 AM

HR34-700 0x05FD

Report #: 20130111-3313

Issue: Screen Saver Out of Standby / Audio Through Screen Saver
My HR34 downloaded the new version on Wed. morning. I didn't turn it on until this morning. It was in standby mode. When I brought it out of standby, the TV showed me the Downloading Guide Info Page 2 of 2 screen. It was only up for a moment before it switched to the screen saver, although I could hear the audio of the show that was currently playing. Hitting a button on the remote brought me to LiveTV.

- Merg

Today's problems don't worry me, I haven't solved yesterday's yet.

SlimLine-3 Dish w/ SWM16 (HD Service / WHDVR) / Full Setup
HR34-700 / Panasonic TC-P50G25 HDTV / HDMI / Networked - DECA / Family Room
HR44-700 / Samsung HCM5525W HDTV / Component / Networked - DECA / Bedroom

HR24-100 / Samsung HCM5525W HDTV / Component / Networked - DECA / Bedroom

#39 OFFLINE   Skerlnik

Skerlnik

Cool Member

• Registered
  • 12 posts

Posted 11 January 2013 - 04:27 PM

I had this same error on my system when first installed. I had read here that the 34 didn't need the external deca device, but instead to use the built in Ethernet. The installer (who did a GREAT job) insisted that they had to use the external device. I said "ok" and when tested in that configuration I too had the dropped connections. After I disconnected the Deca device and instead plugged the Ethernet cable directly into the 34, the problem went away. Since then it's been problem free. I only have the one HR34 and one client, so I don't have any other receivers to support, but if you have a wired connection available at the HR34 you might try plugging in the network there instead of over an external device - if that's not already done.

My installer also says I need to use the DECA device. Should I plug into the ethernet port on the HR34? I remember having a network connection issue when the ethernet was plugged in right after installation, but perhaps having the DECA also plugged in was causing a conflict... :confused:

#40 ONLINE   RAD

RAD

Hall Of Fame

• DBSTalk Club
  • 15,903 posts

Posted 11 January 2013 - 04:38 PM

My installer also says I need to use the DECA device. Should I plug into the ethernet port on the HR34? I remember having a network connection issue when the ethernet was plugged in right after installation, but perhaps having the DECA also plugged in was causing a conflict... :confused:

You can use either the external DECA or the HR34's Ethernet port but ONLY one or the other, never both.

spam firewall