Welcome to DBSTalk

Sign In 

Create Account
Welcome to DBSTalk. Our community covers all aspects of video delivery solutions including: Direct Broadcast Satellite (DBS), Cable Television, and Internet Protocol Television (IPTV). We also have forums to discuss popular television programs, home theater equipment, and internet streaming service providers. Members of our community include experts who can help you solve technical problems, industry professionals, company representatives, and novices who are here to learn.

Like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community. Sign-up is a free and simple process that requires minimal information. Be a part of our community by signing in or creating an account. The Digital Bit Stream starts here!
  • Reply to existing topics or start a discussion of your own
  • Subscribe to topics and forums and get email updates
  • Send private personal messages (PM) to other forum members
  • Customize your profile page and make new friends

Guest Message by DevFuse

Photo
- - - - -

HR34 Genie, version 0x05FD - Issues/Discussion

• Please log in to reply
181 replies to this topic

#41 OFFLINE   pappasbike

pappasbike

Godfather

• Registered
  • 489 posts

Posted 11 January 2013 - 05:51 PM

My installer told me I no longer needed the DECA setup for the Internet connection. That set up had been used on an HR21 that the 34 replaced. I left it in place with the 34 but have since removed it and just connected an Ethernet cable between the dvr and my router. The router is right next to the dvr so it's easy to do and gets rid of some cable clutter.

With either configuration I haven't had any problems.

...Ads Help To Support This SIte...

#42 OFFLINE   dpeters11

dpeters11

Hall Of Fame

• DBSTalk Club
  • 13,328 posts
  • LocationCincinnati

Posted 11 January 2013 - 07:48 PM

Report All - 20130111-30BA

HR34
Stopped a recording (playing locally on HR34) and part of the screen flashed green a few times. Was able to continue deleting, and flashing did not continue.

Edited by dpeters11, 11 January 2013 - 09:08 PM.

#43 OFFLINE   dihawk57

dihawk57

• Registered
  • 7 posts

Posted 12 January 2013 - 01:41 PM

Thanks RAD !! That worked for me . It's strange that it just started for me, but as long as I can work around it ..... oh well !!

#44 OFFLINE   gully_foyle

gully_foyle

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 1,297 posts
  • LocationLos Angeles

Posted 12 January 2013 - 07:28 PM

The 2x autocorrect now seems OK. Again. No doubt this will be rebroken at the first opportunity.

I still see the occasional frozen image during fast forward. Stopping and resuming FF fixes it, but it is a pain.
DirecTV since 1994 // 2014Q2 Setup here

#45 OFFLINE   pappasbike

pappasbike

Godfather

• Registered
  • 489 posts

Posted 12 January 2013 - 07:48 PM

I see the frozen image while fast forwarding a lot. Saw it a good bit on my last receiver an HR21 that this replaced. I think it's just a software problem that shows up in all the receivers.

#46 OFFLINE   wrj

wrj

Legend

• Registered
  • 153 posts

Posted 13 January 2013 - 09:00 AM

I had doubleplay going last night (football of course). Then I also started watching a recorded show. All played well together. I could stop watching the recorded show and get right back into doubleplay and all worked perfectly. However, once I came out of the recorded show and doubleplay decided to stop working properly. The HR34 acted like it was in doubleplay but stayed only on one channel.

#47 OFFLINE   wrj

wrj

Legend

• Registered
  • 153 posts

Posted 13 January 2013 - 09:02 AM

I forgot another issue. I watched a recorded show but noted it wasn't all there. The recording stopped well before the show was finished. Maybe this is a guide issue but it has happen twice in the last week or so.

#48 OFFLINE   lansbury

lansbury

AllStar

• Registered
  • 71 posts

Posted 13 January 2013 - 11:58 AM

I am still getting the sound drops changing channels. Changing from or between ABC, CBS, NBC or Fox doesn't cause a problem. Changing from a cable channel causes the sound to drop. The problem is there even when watching a recorded program from a cable channel, perhaps more that a live program. The last two software releases have made it worse. With this release even more so. It has became that almost each time I change channel I have to turn the hr-34 off and on to get the sound back.

#49 OFFLINE   jimmie57

jimmie57

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 3,714 posts
  • LocationTexas City, TX

Posted 13 January 2013 - 12:03 PM

I am still getting the sound drops changing channels. Changing from or between ABC, CBS, NBC or Fox doesn't cause a problem. Changing from a cable channel causes the sound to drop. The problem is there even when watching a recorded program from a cable channel, perhaps more that a live program. The last two software releases have made it worse. With this release even more so. It has became that almost each time I change channel I have to turn the hr-34 off and on to get the sound back.

Have you tried setting only the 1080i resolution in the display section ?
If your TV is 720p then you would set that instead.
This will / should eliminate the handshake and possibly the sound drop out.

DirecTV customer since 1996 - Current :Slimline 3 SWM,   HR24-100 HDMI to 32" Sharp LED,
HR24-100 Component cables to 46" Samsung LCD & Optical Cable to Yamaha AVR, H21-200 HDMI to Yamaha AVR & HDMI to 52" Mitsubishi LCD

#50 OFFLINE   dpeters11

dpeters11

Hall Of Fame

• DBSTalk Club
  • 13,328 posts
  • LocationCincinnati

Posted 13 January 2013 - 12:32 PM

But CBS and NBC are 1080i and ABC and Fox are 720p. If that were the issue, he'd have issues switching locals.

#51 OFFLINE   lansbury

lansbury

AllStar

• Registered
  • 71 posts

Posted 13 January 2013 - 03:33 PM

Have you tried setting only the 1080i resolution in the display section ?
If your TV is 720p then you would set that instead.
This will / should eliminate the handshake and possibly the sound drop out.

Only 1080i is set. HR-34 is connected by HDMI to a Pioneer surround sound amplifier and then to the TV. Turning either the HR-34 or the amplifier off and on brings the sound back, it is just quicker to do it on the HR-34.

#52 OFFLINE   derek21023

derek21023

• Registered
  • 3 posts

Posted 13 January 2013 - 09:57 PM

The sound still won't shut off on the Genie mini client. I have it set to off and it still makes the beep noise. This is the last issue I am having and hope it gets fixed soon.

#53 OFFLINE   jcwest

jcwest

Legend

• DBSTalk Club
  • 299 posts

Posted 14 January 2013 - 05:48 AM

Last evening was watching Fringe and about half way through the video would go black but audio would continue to play normally.
Video would come on for a few seconds then go black for quite a while then repeat.
Jumping back it seemed to repeat the blackouts in the same spot.

Switched to another box and finished the playback.
After watching switched back to the HR34 and resumed the recording where it was blacking out before and it played perfectly.
Have no idea what caused this.

I plan to do a menu restart this A. M. to try to tidy things up.

J C

HR20-700
HR34-700 AM21
HR21-200 AM21N
HR21-200

#54 OFFLINE   augisdad

augisdad

AllStar

• Registered
  • 120 posts
  • LocationKC area

Posted 14 January 2013 - 07:50 AM

Was watching Scandal and flipped back to buffered Live TV using prev button. Pressed prev again expecting to go back to Scandal, but instead it switched channels to previous Live Tv station. Got back into Scandal, hit resume and it was like I had not watched anything at all, as it started back up from the beginning. This happened at least 3x, where I'd have to FF to get back to where I was in the show. Only twice did it work correctly where pressing prev from Live Tv would bring me back to where I had left off on Scandal.
HR20-100 since 2008 w/27" Sony SDTV
HR34 since 4/3/2012 w/47" Mitsubishi HDTV
HMC since 4/3/2012

#55 OFFLINE   Carl Spock

Carl Spock

Superfly

• DBSTalk Club
  • 4,567 posts

Posted 14 January 2013 - 08:12 AM

Scandal didn't happen to be on another DVR in your system, did it, augisdad? I've had the same thing happen watching something on the HR34 in my HT, but when the show is coming from my kitchen DVR, a HR20.
hangin' with the bros at 40 Eridani A

#56 OFFLINE   augisdad

augisdad

AllStar

• Registered
  • 120 posts
  • LocationKC area

Posted 14 January 2013 - 08:40 AM

Nope, only have it programmed on the HR34. It's one of the few that I don't have as a backup on the HR20. Even so, the 'prev' button should not have taken me to the previous channel, and I should not have had to start the show over each time from the beginning - even if I had mistakenly once started watching the backup recording.
HR20-100 since 2008 w/27" Sony SDTV
HR34 since 4/3/2012 w/47" Mitsubishi HDTV
HMC since 4/3/2012

#57 OFFLINE   bnwrx

bnwrx

Icon

• Registered
  • 966 posts
  • Locationcolorado, in the mountains.....

Posted 14 January 2013 - 08:58 AM

This has happened several times...My setup, an HR34 in the living room, and HR21 in the bedroom. Viewing a recording on the HR34 from the HR21, the program will start,video and audio are fine, then about a minute into the show the audio will drop completely, video continues. Press "Replay", the audio stops in the same place again, FF a short distance(30sec) and the audio resumes and all is well for the rest of the program. While watching a recording "locally" either on the HR34 or the HR21 does not result in any audio dropout. Any thoughts?

HR44-500 HDMI to 42"Toshiba
HR21-100 HDMI to 32" LG and 20" AOC

Directv since 1996(the USSB,Pegasus days...)
...sometimes, there is no answer...
http://woodlandweather.org/

#58 OFFLINE   jimmie57

jimmie57

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 3,714 posts
  • LocationTexas City, TX

Posted 14 January 2013 - 10:11 AM

Only 1080i is set. HR-34 is connected by HDMI to a Pioneer surround sound amplifier and then to the TV. Turning either the HR-34 or the amplifier off and on brings the sound back, it is just quicker to do it on the HR-34.

This sounds like an HDMI handshake / connection / cable issue.

Have you tried running the HDMI straight to the TV and use the Digital Coax to the Pioneer for sound to see what that does for the problem ?
My son runs his setup this way.

DirecTV customer since 1996 - Current :Slimline 3 SWM,   HR24-100 HDMI to 32" Sharp LED,
HR24-100 Component cables to 46" Samsung LCD & Optical Cable to Yamaha AVR, H21-200 HDMI to Yamaha AVR & HDMI to 52" Mitsubishi LCD

#59 OFFLINE   Skerlnik

Skerlnik

Cool Member

• Registered
  • 12 posts

Posted 14 January 2013 - 01:14 PM

This sounds like an HDMI handshake / connection / cable issue.

Have you tried running the HDMI straight to the TV and use the Digital Coax to the Pioneer for sound to see what that does for the problem ?
My son runs his setup this way.

I experience the HDMI handshake issue with my HR34 -> Yamaha 3010 -> Sharp 70" as well. Sound stays on for me, but video goes black. I have to power cycle the HR34 before it comes back, and often the video goes black shortly after that yet again! I have messed with cables, added a HDMI corner adapter to ensure cables aren't getting swished against the wall, added a 5V voltage injector to the HDMI cable going to the TV, wiggled things, etc. Nothing seems to solve the problem which is clearly caused by the HR34 (no other sources in my chain cause this issue). I have no idea how to resolve this :confused:

#60 OFFLINE   Madhatter01

Madhatter01

Cool Member

• Registered
  • 19 posts

Posted 14 January 2013 - 01:40 PM

When I pause a show and start it again I get no sound for 10 seconds. I am plugged into a Pioneer Elite receiver via hdmi. Plus this thing is laggy as hell.

Protected By... spam firewall...And...