Welcome to DBSTalk

Sign In 

Create Account
Welcome to DBSTalk. Our community covers all aspects of video delivery solutions including: Direct Broadcast Satellite (DBS), Cable Television, and Internet Protocol Television (IPTV). We also have forums to discuss popular television programs, home theater equipment, and internet streaming service providers. Members of our community include experts who can help you solve technical problems, industry professionals, company representatives, and novices who are here to learn.

Like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community. Sign-up is a free and simple process that requires minimal information. Be a part of our community by signing in or creating an account. The Digital Bit Stream starts here!
  • Reply to existing topics or start a discussion of your own
  • Subscribe to topics and forums and get email updates
  • Send private personal messages (PM) to other forum members
  • Customize your profile page and make new friends

Guest Message by DevFuse

Photo
- - - - -

HR34 Genie, version 0x05FD - Issues/Discussion

• Please log in to reply
181 replies to this topic

#101 OFFLINE   inkahauts

inkahauts

Hall Of Fame

• DBSTalk Club
  • 16,261 posts

Posted 22 January 2013 - 01:45 PM

Yep, I'm still having this issue constantly, I'm going to take Stuart's advice from above and disconnect the ethernet from the Cinema Connection Kit the installer put in place when my HR34 was installed ..

I'm going to reboot the HR34 and see how it behaves over the next few days

I have other computers on my home network, but don't have any DVR's plugged directly into my home network any more, everything is done via DECA and then I have the Cinema Connection kit hear the HR34. No media servers running or anything that should be putting out a lot of uPnP traffic .. we'll see

Turn off upnp.

...Ads Help To Support This Site...

#102 OFFLINE   Joseph Blowinsky

Joseph Blowinsky

Cool Member

• Registered
  • 18 posts

Posted 22 January 2013 - 09:49 PM

Turn off upnp.

Do you mean turn off uPNP on my router or is this an option I'm not aware of on the DirecTV boxes?

#103 OFFLINE   FredZ

FredZ

Mentor

• Registered
  • 50 posts

Posted 23 January 2013 - 08:35 AM

HR34-700 0x05FD
Report #: 20130115-1A03

HR24-100 0x062C
Report #: 20130115-3449

Issue: Audio/Video Playback Failed
Was trying to watch a recording from the HR34 via the HR24 and received the message that playback failed due to no audio/video packets.

Issue: HR34 Unresponsive
Went to generate a report for the above issue and found the HR34 to have the screen saver on. I was fairly certain that I had stopped playback of the last show I was watching and had put the receiver in standby mode. When I hit a button on the remote, the the screen saver cleared to a black screen. The remote had no effect at that time. I was able to hit the power button and put it into standby and bring it back up, however, I had no audio or video. The strange thing though was that I could then change channels, bring up menus, but had no audio and the screen would be black. On changing channels, I would get the Info Banner as if the channel changed. When trying to play a recording, the receiver basically froze up completely, however, the standby button the front panel worked. Bringing it back out of standby gave me the black screen again. A menu reset got me working again.

- Merg

I'm having the same problem. I reboot to fix it and 3 days later it is doing it agian.

#104 OFFLINE   TMan

TMan

Legend

• Registered
  • 209 posts

Posted 23 January 2013 - 09:57 PM

Fully completed a reboot ten minutes before 8:00. Looked at to do list earlier, and three recordings were scheduled at that time. After reboot, the 8:00scheduled recordings, which were from season passes, disappeared and I had to re-add the episodes from the guide.

So, with ten minutes to spare, the HR34 can't resume its schedule properly? Recordings the following hour were undisturbed.
October 2012 DirecTV subscriber - HR34(Genie)/C31/C31 - AU9-S-SWM Five LNB - Premier

#105 OFFLINE   jborchel

jborchel

Legend

• Registered
  • 172 posts

Posted 24 January 2013 - 10:58 AM

This started the day after the new version was installed. Occasionally, not every time I turn the HR34 on the audio has dropped out. I have to do a receiver restart/reset to return it. Anyone else seen this? One thing I have noticed, maybe, is that I have been using D* closed captioning. I'm not sure but that is the only unusual circumstance that I can think of that might be causing it.

#106 OFFLINE   jborchel

jborchel

Legend

• Registered
  • 172 posts

Posted 24 January 2013 - 11:11 AM

I experience the HDMI handshake issue with my HR34 -> Yamaha 3010 -> Sharp 70" as well. Sound stays on for me, but video goes black. I have to power cycle the HR34 before it comes back, and often the video goes black shortly after that yet again! I have messed with cables, added a HDMI corner adapter to ensure cables aren't getting swished against the wall, added a 5V voltage injector to the HDMI cable going to the TV, wiggled things, etc. Nothing seems to solve the problem which is clearly caused by the HR34 (no other sources in my chain cause this issue). I have no idea how to resolve this :confused:

I had this problem with my JVC RS40 projector. When I switched from native on to native off it pretty much eliminated the problem. It seems that the HDMI handshake is critical of timing and when the projector or AVR handshake is delayed because of having to change resolutions the chances of a complete handshake are decreased. That's my theory anyway. Hope it works for you.

#107 OFFLINE   inkahauts

inkahauts

Hall Of Fame

• DBSTalk Club
  • 16,261 posts

Posted 24 January 2013 - 02:10 PM

Do you mean turn off uPNP on my router or is this an option I'm not aware of on the DirecTV boxes?

Router.

#108 OFFLINE   skiingj

skiingj

Cool Member

• Registered
  • 16 posts

Posted 24 January 2013 - 02:44 PM

Add me to the list of people getting blank screen no audio after this update. A reset fixes it and it happens every couple days.

#109 OFFLINE   Drucifer

Drucifer

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 8,215 posts
  • LocationNY Hudson Valley

Posted 24 January 2013 - 08:54 PM

Got the NR Genie to find and setup Series Manager for ABC Zero Hour and Showtime The Borgias, but it couldn't find AMC Freakshow or Immortalized.

Is FiA restricted in some way?
DREW
Do it Right, Do it Once
LR: HR34-7, Den: HR24-1, MB: HR24-5, Bsm: HR24-2, Kit: H25-5
PrimeStar '95, DirecTV  '00

#110 OFFLINE   Jerry_K

Jerry_K

Godfather

• Registered
  • 433 posts

Posted 24 January 2013 - 09:30 PM

Got the NR Genie to find and setup Series Manager for ABC Zero Hour and Showtime The Borgias, but it couldn't find AMC Freakshow or Immortalized.

Is FiA restricted in some way?

Dumb search really does not work very well. No way I would call it Smart Search.
Genie (nee HR34) 2TB Internal, Magnavox NR1601, Sharp 40" LED
HR24 2TB Internal, Magnavox NR1501, Sansui 32" LCD

#111 OFFLINE   jcwest

jcwest

Legend

• DBSTalk Club
  • 300 posts

Posted 25 January 2013 - 05:35 AM

Running 0x05fd, brought the HR34 out of standby yesterday evening and there was no buffer on the current channel.

This is the first time I've seen this since the last couple of s/w updates.

J C

HR20-700
HR34-700 AM21
HR21-200 AM21N
HR21-200

#112 OFFLINE   inkahauts

inkahauts

Hall Of Fame

• DBSTalk Club
  • 16,261 posts

Posted 25 January 2013 - 02:55 PM

Dumb search really does not work very well. No way I would call it Smart Search.

Works fine for me and not finding a show way out in advance means its likely just not in the database yet.

#113 OFFLINE   tivoreno

tivoreno

AllStar

• Registered
  • 110 posts

Posted 25 January 2013 - 03:00 PM

First reported this in the CE, but after dropping back to this nartional release, same issue:

20130119-1363 Report all

No audio when using Digital Dolby on any channel. Turning off DD restored Pro Logic audio. Turning DD back on resulted in no audio. HDMI connection to Yamaha receiver. Rebooted, DD audio restored.

#114 OFFLINE   tonydi

tonydi

Mentor

• Registered
  • 62 posts

Posted 25 January 2013 - 07:49 PM

Running 0x05fd, brought the HR34 out of standby yesterday evening and there was no buffer on the current channel.
This is the first time I've seen this since the last couple of s/w updates.
J C

Weird...in the 11 months we've had our HR34, I can only recall a few times its come out of standby with a buffer! And I think it's been at least 3 or 4 updates since the last time, too.

#115 OFFLINE   I WANT MORE

I WANT MORE

CowboySooner

• Registered
  • 1,169 posts
  • LocationNorthern plains

Posted 26 January 2013 - 11:31 AM

I am unable to back out of Pandora and watch programming while listening to Pandora. Is this standard for the 34?
I am able to do it on my 24s.
Perhaps I Misremembered.

#116 OFFLINE   bnwrx

bnwrx

Icon

• Registered
  • 969 posts
  • Locationcolorado, in the mountains.....

Posted 26 January 2013 - 11:46 AM

I am unable to back out of Pandora and watch programming while listening to Pandora. Is this standard for the 34?
I am able to do it on my 24s.

Yes, unfortunately.....

HR44-500 HDMI to 42"Toshiba
HR21-100 HDMI to 32" LG and 20" AOC

Directv since 1996(the USSB,Pegasus days...)
...sometimes, there is no answer...
http://woodlandweather.org/

#117 OFFLINE   RD in Fla

RD in Fla

Icon

• Registered
  • 523 posts

Posted 26 January 2013 - 02:26 PM

Weird experience this afternoon. Activated DoublePlay, then the HR34 started swapping between tuners repeatedly. Remote was not stuck. To be sure I put the remote in another room. The only thing that stopped the swapping of tuners was a RBR. Seems ok for now. Real strange.

#118 OFFLINE   jcthomas

jcthomas

Cool Member

• Registered
  • 26 posts

Posted 30 January 2013 - 09:55 PM

Even though I do not have "native" selected and only 1080i and 1080p selected as resolutions in the set-up menus, my HR34 will start to out-put 480p about every other day. I will notice a poorer PQ and when I toggle through the "formats" it will go back to 1080i and the PQ will be back to normal. Is anyone else having this problem

Regards,

#119 OFFLINE   Jerry_K

Jerry_K

Godfather

• Registered
  • 433 posts

Posted 30 January 2013 - 11:20 PM

Works fine for me and not finding a show way out in advance means its likely just not in the database yet.

It could not find The Americans one hour before it aired tonight. Is that too far out?
Genie (nee HR34) 2TB Internal, Magnavox NR1601, Sharp 40" LED
HR24 2TB Internal, Magnavox NR1501, Sansui 32" LCD

#120 OFFLINE   jumpingmatt

jumpingmatt

Mentor

• Registered
  • 36 posts

Posted 31 January 2013 - 09:59 PM

I'm having a number of problems, all dating since the last update came out last week.

1. Missed recordings - three different shows tonight were not recorded, and all it says in history is "This episode was canceled because of an unexpected error (39)" two say error 3 instead of 39.

2. If I attempt to select a program from the guide that is being recorded currently, the screen goes black. I can see the DVR UI, I can go into the list and select another program which plays fine, when I exit I am back to the black screen. I can change the channel but the screen stays black, no audio. Just the info banner shows channel changed. I tried double play to see if it was a single tuner, but that didn't work either. Had to menu restart the box.

There were always minor bugs in this thing but it was reasonably reliable for the 10 months or so I've had it, but this is pretty bad.

Protected By... spam firewall...And...