Welcome to DBSTalk

Sign In 

Create Account
Welcome to DBSTalk. Our community covers all aspects of video delivery solutions including: Direct Broadcast Satellite (DBS), Cable Television, and Internet Protocol Television (IPTV). We also have forums to discuss popular television programs, home theater equipment, and internet streaming service providers. Members of our community include experts who can help you solve technical problems, industry professionals, company representatives, and novices who are here to learn.

Like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community. Sign-up is a free and simple process that requires minimal information. Be a part of our community by signing in or creating an account. The Digital Bit Stream starts here!
  • Reply to existing topics or start a discussion of your own
  • Subscribe to topics and forums and get email updates
  • Send private personal messages (PM) to other forum members
  • Customize your profile page and make new friends

Guest Message by DevFuse

Photo
- - - - -

HR34 Genie, version 0x05FD - Issues/Discussion

• Please log in to reply
181 replies to this topic

#151 OFFLINE   augisdad

augisdad

AllStar

• Registered
  • 135 posts
  • LocationKC area

Posted 19 February 2013 - 08:43 AM

Lost Girl did not record last night on my HR34. It did record on my HR20. I have both set up to record Both Repeats and First Runs. Series Link shows Lost Girl (0). This episode shows up 2 more times in the guide, but HR34 has not latched onto either. I did a double reboot last night before going to bed to see if that will make any difference.
HR20-100 since 2008 w/27" Sony SDTV
HR34 since 4/3/2012 w/47" Mitsubishi HDTV
HMC since 4/3/2012

...Ads Help To Support This Site...

#152 ONLINE   RunnerFL

RunnerFL

Hall Of Fame

• DBSTalk Club
  • 16,196 posts

Posted 19 February 2013 - 08:50 AM

Lost Girl did not record last night on my HR34. It did record on my HR20. I have both set up to record Both Repeats and First Runs. Series Link shows Lost Girl (0). This episode shows up 2 more times in the guide, but HR34 has not latched onto either. I did a double reboot last night before going to bed to see if that will make any difference.

A double reboot will flush all guide data, and other goodies, and take anywhere from 24 to 48 hours to rebuild. Check it again later tonight or tomorrow.
THIS SPACE FOR RENT

#153 OFFLINE   lansbury

lansbury

AllStar

• Registered
  • 76 posts

Posted 19 February 2013 - 06:10 PM

Last night HR-34 started to get slower and slower responding to controls, finally stopped responding altogether. This happened when we had finished watching a recorded show and were trying to select another from the List. Couldn't reboot as it was recording others shows, so was stuck without TV until the recording finished and the box could be rebooted.

It is a nonsense that this is still happening, and seems to start without any warning.

#154 OFFLINE   pearkel

pearkel

AllStar

• Registered
  • 52 posts

Posted 19 February 2013 - 06:36 PM

Last night HR-34 started to get slower and slower responding to controls, finally stopped responding altogether. This happened when we had finished watching a recorded show and were trying to select another from the List. Couldn't reboot as it was recording others shows, so was stuck without TV until the recording finished and the box could be rebooted.

It is a nonsense that this is still happening, and seems to start without any warning.

This has happened to me twice in the last week. It also causes me to lose mrv from the hr34, only fix is a reboot. On Sunday it said it was recording the amazing race but when I went to watch later was the dreaded 1 minute recording. On Sunday also missed the Simpsons. (unexpected error)

#155 OFFLINE   samrs

samrs

MANC

• DBSTalk Club
  • 1,343 posts
  • LocationFlat Branch, NC

Posted 20 February 2013 - 06:42 AM

Report 20130220-4273

No Audio/Video.

Whats up with every wednesday morning.
HR20-100, HR20-700, HR24-100, HR34-700/AM21

#156 OFFLINE   Laxguy

Laxguy

Never say 'never'.

• DBSTalk Club
  • 14,321 posts
  • LocationWinters, CA, between Napa and Sacramento

Posted 20 February 2013 - 09:40 AM

This has happened to me twice in the last week. It also causes me to lose mrv from the hr34, only fix is a reboot. On Sunday it said it was recording the amazing race but when I went to watch later was the dreaded 1 minute recording. On Sunday also missed the Simpsons. (unexpected error)

Before you reboot again, try running through Network setup.
"Laxguy" means a guy who loves lacrosse.

#157 OFFLINE   RACJ2

RACJ2

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 3,854 posts

Posted 20 February 2013 - 08:42 PM

I had a similar experience the other night. Finally had to do a reset and then it was back functioning normal again.
HR34-700, HR22-100

#158 OFFLINE   Jerry_K

Jerry_K

Godfather

• Registered
  • 433 posts

Posted 21 February 2013 - 10:01 AM

It started last night with Fox recordings being unplayable for some reason or other. Fox live also stuck and would not play. So this morning my lovely wife said she could not get Fox at all. Had to reset the receiver. We have never been in one place this long since we got this semi useless DVR. It will not work for over two weeks. Second reboot in five weeks. Have not noticed this before since the DVR gets shut down every time we move.
Genie (nee HR34) 2TB Internal, Magnavox NR1601, Sharp 40" LED
HR24 2TB Internal, Magnavox NR1501, Sansui 32" LCD

#159 OFFLINE   bdot79

bdot79

• Registered
  • 9 posts
  • LocationMS Gulf Coast

Posted 22 February 2013 - 12:50 PM

Two times in the last week I have been unable to play a recording on the HR34 from any of my H25-100. I can see the playlist but when I play them it tries for about 10 seconds then I get a Unable to Play message. I RBR the HR34 and this issue is repaired. I hope I get the new software soon, this release has been the most unstable since I got the box in Aug.
HR34-700, AM21n & (3)H25-100
Whole Home DVR w/ wireless CCK
Slimline Dish w/ SWM 5 LNB
OTA Attic Antenna: McLapp M8
DTV since Aug. 2012

#160 OFFLINE   mikellie

mikellie

Cool Member

• Registered
  • 32 posts

Posted 23 February 2013 - 11:43 AM

I'm right there with all of you. I have rebooted 15 times, unplugged the unit overnight and then rebooted again, changed batteries in the remote, turned off native and scrolling, and called tech support 3 times. All I keep getting from them is that it is a known issue and they are working on it.

Big Deal. Sounds like they need new people to me. These HR34's are junk!
HR34-700, HR22-100(x2), 46" Samsung 3D LED, Samsung 32" HDTV. Whole Home DVR.

#161 OFFLINE   Laxguy

Laxguy

Never say 'never'.

• DBSTalk Club
  • 14,321 posts
  • LocationWinters, CA, between Napa and Sacramento

Posted 23 February 2013 - 01:56 PM

I'm right there with all of you. I have rebooted 15 times, unplugged the unit overnight and then rebooted again, changed batteries in the remote, turned off native and scrolling, and called tech support 3 times. All I keep getting from them is that it is a known issue and they are working on it.

What exactly are your problems with your Genie?
"Laxguy" means a guy who loves lacrosse.

#162 OFFLINE   augisdad

augisdad

AllStar

• Registered
  • 135 posts
  • LocationKC area

Posted 07 March 2013 - 07:29 AM

Last night's Whitney recorded 30 mins of blank screen. NBC was spooling, so this is consistent with the last few releases when this has happened. I went back to the buffer later that evening and scrolled back to where Whitney should have been in the buffer, but all I got was a frozen screen of Law & Order SVU. It appeared to come out of it's frozen state around 8:37, however it still froze several other times within the buffer.
HMC since 4/3/2012

#163 OFFLINE   pappasbike

pappasbike

Godfather

• Registered
  • 504 posts

Posted 08 March 2013 - 08:10 AM

Last night while watching a movie on Showtime that was a few minutes in I pressed the record button so that I could view it this morning. Well watching it this morning at 16 minutes in it stops and I get the delete/don't delete message. This is the second time this has happened with this receiver. The first time I believe was on the previous software. I've had so many of their DVRs including the abominable HR 21 but have never had this issue with any of them before.

Between the overall expense of DTV's service and the unreliability of their equipment I'm closer than ever to just dumping the whole thing.

#164 ONLINE   RunnerFL

RunnerFL

Hall Of Fame

• DBSTalk Club
  • 16,196 posts

Posted 08 March 2013 - 08:23 AM

Last night's Whitney recorded 30 mins of blank screen. NBC was spooling, so this is consistent with the last few releases when this has happened. I went back to the buffer later that evening and scrolled back to where Whitney should have been in the buffer, but all I got was a frozen screen of Law & Order SVU. It appeared to come out of it's frozen state around 8:37, however it still froze several other times within the buffer.

Last night while watching a movie on Showtime that was a few minutes in I pressed the record button so that I could view it this morning. Well watching it this morning at 16 minutes in it stops and I get the delete/don't delete message. This is the second time this has happened with this receiver. The first time I believe was on the previous software. I've had so many of their DVRs including the abominable HR 21 but have never had this issue with any of them before.

Between the overall expense of DTV's service and the unreliability of their equipment I'm closer than ever to just dumping the whole thing.

Are you both still running 0x05FD?
THIS SPACE FOR RENT

#165 OFFLINE   pappasbike

pappasbike

Godfather

• Registered
  • 504 posts

Posted 08 March 2013 - 08:34 AM

Uh, that's why I'm posting in this thread. Just teasing, but yes 0x5fd.

#166 OFFLINE   SteelDog

SteelDog

Cool Member

• Registered
  • 25 posts

Posted 09 March 2013 - 12:30 AM

Hello everyone. I had a DVR die and replaced it with the Genie. It has this software version. I an experiencing some really odd behaviour with this thing.

• Repeat programs recording. Double checked and all Series are set to First run.
  • Random reboots of the receiver. It rebooted twice the first two days (once each day). Rebooted twice today (once this morning and just now).
  • The fast forward and rewind functions are horribly inaccurate (worst I have ever had).

Any insights?

#167 ONLINE   RAD

RAD

Hall Of Fame

• DBSTalk Club
  • 16,177 posts
  • LocationDripping Springs, TX

Posted 09 March 2013 - 06:57 AM

Hello everyone. I had a DVR die and replaced it with the Genie. It has this software version. I an experiencing some really odd behaviour with this thing.

• Repeat programs recording. Double checked and all Series are set to First run.
  • Random reboots of the receiver. It rebooted twice the first two days (once each day). Rebooted twice today (once this morning and just now).
  • The fast forward and rewind functions are horribly inaccurate (worst I have ever had).

Any insights?

Responded to your post in AVSforum.

See post My Setup for configuration info.

#168 OFFLINE   theninny

theninny

Cool Member

• Registered
  • 28 posts

Posted 10 March 2013 - 12:10 AM

Something odd has happen to my HR34, I am not longer able to watch any channel that is not HD. All HD channels work fine. I have restarted the box, connected directly to the TV and still nothing changes.

Has anybody else had this issue?

#169 OFFLINE   Datagg

Datagg

Legend

• Registered
  • 248 posts
  • LocationMesa, AZ

Posted 10 March 2013 - 12:17 AM

Any insights?

Only one. All DTV knows is Bugs and the blame game on all else other than themselves. Dish looking better every day.

#170 OFFLINE   dpeters11

dpeters11

Hall Of Fame

• DBSTalk Club
  • 14,024 posts
  • LocationCincinnati

Posted 10 March 2013 - 07:37 AM

Only one. All DTV knows is Bugs and the blame game on all else other than themselves. Dish looking better every day.

Dish has had it's share of bugs as well. Why do you think they started having their boxes reboot nightly?

#171 OFFLINE   patmurphey

patmurphey

Godfather

• Registered
  • 603 posts

Posted 10 March 2013 - 08:39 AM

Dish has had it's share of bugs as well. Why do you think they started having their boxes reboot nightly?

To solve the problem - to their credit.

#172 ONLINE   RunnerFL

RunnerFL

Hall Of Fame

• DBSTalk Club
  • 16,196 posts

Posted 10 March 2013 - 08:50 AM

To solve the problem - to their credit.

Nightly required reboots is not a solution, it's a band-aid at best. It's more like a cop out instead of actually finding and fixing the issues.
THIS SPACE FOR RENT

#173 OFFLINE   dpeters11

dpeters11

Hall Of Fame

• DBSTalk Club
  • 14,024 posts
  • LocationCincinnati

Posted 10 March 2013 - 03:18 PM

And I've certainly seen the complaints on the 1am Hopper reboot that can't be rescheduled.

But as I've said before, all boxes have bugs. They don't necessarily affect everyone, which makes it more difficult to find. The vast majority of users may not have an issue. Those that do try to find a solution on a board like this, and it can look like a pervasive issue. Add to that the reps that say "its a known issue, will be fixed in a future update", it may not be so. They just want to get to the next call.

#174 OFFLINE   Datagg

Datagg

Legend

• Registered
  • 248 posts
  • LocationMesa, AZ

Posted 10 March 2013 - 04:56 PM

True.. The lessor of 2 evils I suppose. I hang on as we all do for that day of rejoice.

#175 OFFLINE   augisdad

augisdad

AllStar

• Registered
  • 135 posts
  • LocationKC area

Posted 13 March 2013 - 07:54 AM

Are you both still running 0x05FD?

Yep - still 0x05FD (as of last night anyway).
HMC since 4/3/2012

Protected By... spam firewall...And...