Welcome to DBSTalk

Sign In 

Create Account
Welcome to DBSTalk. Our community covers all aspects of video delivery solutions including: Direct Broadcast Satellite (DBS), Cable Television, and Internet Protocol Television (IPTV). We also have forums to discuss popular television programs, home theater equipment, and internet streaming service providers. Members of our community include experts who can help you solve technical problems, industry professionals, company representatives, and novices who are here to learn.

Like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community. Sign-up is a free and simple process that requires minimal information. Be a part of our community by signing in or creating an account. The Digital Bit Stream starts here!
  • Reply to existing topics or start a discussion of your own
  • Subscribe to topics and forums and get email updates
  • Send private personal messages (PM) to other forum members
  • Customize your profile page and make new friends

Guest Message by DevFuse

Photo
- - - - -

HR34 Genie, version 0x05FD - Issues/Discussion

• Please log in to reply
181 replies to this topic

#141 OFFLINE   codespy

codespy

Go Pack Go!

• Registered
  • 704 posts
  • LocationWisconsin

Posted 08 February 2013 - 12:15 AM

Genie "missed" American Idol tonight....

Unhappy wife informed me of the news at :45 after the hour that the HR34 is not recording Idol which is set on series link. After research, SL record icon was "on" in the guide and on channel banner, but record light was not illuminated on the front bezel. Had no picture on any local, national or OTA channels.

All my other HR24's in the house work fine, including my THR TiVo. Recording history on HR34 said "This episode was cancelled because of an unexpected error (3)".

Hit the menu restart, and after the pink startup screen, live TV has re-appeared and hit record just in time to catch the last minute of Idol.

Now my wife is starting to give me dirty looks. :nono2:

...Ads Help To Support This SIte...

#142 OFFLINE   Bajanjack

Bajanjack

Icon

• Registered
  • 667 posts

Posted 08 February 2013 - 09:37 AM

I just installed the HR34 to replace my bricked HR24-500 and had the same problem with my Denon 2112>Samsung D7000. I had directv "reauthorize" the 3D channels and that fixed the problem

Well-the 3D is gone.........
HR34-700, HR20-700, HR21-100,HR24-500,H24-100, R16-300

#143 OFFLINE   RACJ2

RACJ2

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 3,852 posts

Posted 08 February 2013 - 08:00 PM

Genie "missed" American Idol tonight....

Unhappy wife informed me of the news at :45 after the hour that the HR34 is not recording Idol which is set on series link. After research, SL record icon was "on" in the guide and on channel banner, but record light was not illuminated on the front bezel. Had no picture on any local, national or OTA channels.

All my other HR24's in the house work fine, including my THR TiVo. Recording history on HR34 said "This episode was cancelled because of an unexpected error (3)".

Hit the menu restart, and after the pink startup screen, live TV has re-appeared and hit record just in time to catch the last minute of Idol.

Now my wife is starting to give me dirty looks. :nono2:

My Genie taped American Idol just fine last night. You may need t do 2 quick resets to flush the guide and have it repopulate.
HR34-700, HR22-100

#144 OFFLINE   ohioviper

ohioviper

AllStar

• Registered
  • 73 posts

Posted 09 February 2013 - 01:10 PM

Is it possible to see only the HD channels in the guide ? I have my favorites set up but it does not look like it shows whether it is HD or not.

#145 OFFLINE   RunnerFL

RunnerFL

Hall Of Fame

• DBSTalk Club
  • 15,828 posts

Posted 09 February 2013 - 01:46 PM

Is it possible to see only the HD channels in the guide ? I have my favorites set up but it does not look like it shows whether it is HD or not.

Yes, turn on "Hide SD Duplicates" in the Settings. This will however still show SD channels if there is no HD equivalent.
THIS SPACE FOR RENT

#146 OFFLINE   Bajanjack

Bajanjack

Icon

• Registered
  • 667 posts

Posted 10 February 2013 - 02:55 PM

I have a similar issue with my Denon 1612. HR34->Denon 1612->Samsung D7000. In order to watch 3D channels i have to turn off the HR34 and back on. I believe it's a sequencing issue with the HR34 turning on before the Denon but i never had this issue with my old HR24. With the HR24, it didn't matter the sequence i turned on the devices, i would work as expected. Hopefully DTV can make the HR34 act in similar fashion to the HR24 when determining whether a TV is 3D compatible.

I reached the wrong conclusion in my previous response to you- reauthorization is not the solution. I am experiencing the same exact problem. I also replaced an HR24 that had no problems with 3D. I have the same tv, and the Denon 2112 receiver. Turning the HR34 off and back on gets me the 3D channels as you experienced. It also restores the on screen master volume indicator. Clearly a handshake issue. Thanks.

Edited by Bajanjack, 11 February 2013 - 08:28 AM.

HR34-700, HR20-700, HR21-100,HR24-500,H24-100, R16-300

#147 OFFLINE   unixguru

unixguru

Godfather

• Registered
  • 578 posts

Posted 11 February 2013 - 08:52 AM

Last evening I turned on my C31 and had a black screen, and unresponsive, until I did a RBR on it.

Then a bit later, around 7:30pm central, I noticed the following regarding the show Battlestar Galactica: Blood & Chrome on SyFy:

• Show was running, had started at 7pm, and was in guide as it should be.
  • I had marked it for recording a few days ago and it was still in my ToDo list for 8pm.
  • It was not recording.
  • When I went into Info->View Upcoming it showed two entries, neither marked with orange circled R.
  • I pressed Record; it started recording.
  • The Info screen sometimes showed orange circled R and sometimes didn't.
  • The guide entry sometimes showed the orange circled R and sometimes didn't. Sometimes it was just a few pixels of the top of the icon.
After noticing that I'd seen it before I killed the recording. Things seemed to work fine the rest of the evening.

This morning I'm getting intermittent freezes, audio dropouts, etc. Hitting pause for a few seconds snaps it out of it - for awhile.

Going to reboot the HR34 now. Wish I could reboot it from the C31 (why not, the C31 lets me run self test and look at server status).

#148 OFFLINE   Datagg

Datagg

Legend

• Registered
  • 247 posts
  • LocationMesa, AZ

Posted 13 February 2013 - 02:20 AM

I've been having issues lately with my HR34-700 unit. When it records some programs, it freezes up when I'm watching the show after it has been recorded. No rhyme or reason as to it only happening on certain shows either.

Mine was doing same thing plus. freezing while watching, forward/back not working.. etc. new box installed Monday, all good.... Based on that, I dont believe its a firmware issue. Im current on new unit, working great... Other was going to make me commit suicide it was so bad.

#149 OFFLINE   samrs

samrs

MANC

• DBSTalk Club
  • 1,243 posts
  • LocationFlat Branch, NC

Posted 13 February 2013 - 05:42 AM

Report Number 20130213-364F

Turned server on at 0630 AM, no audio/video just black screen.

Menu, List, Info all appear on screen.

Plays back local and remote recordings.

Menu reboot corrected issue.
HR20-100, HR20-700, HR24-100, HR34-700/AM21

#150 OFFLINE   skiingj

skiingj

Cool Member

• Registered
  • 16 posts

Posted 14 February 2013 - 07:18 PM

Anyone have a clue when Directv will fix these blank screen/system freezes some of us have been experiencing? I've done both a warm and cold boot even re-downloaded the software to no avail. I keep missing shows, very frustrating!

#151 OFFLINE   augisdad

augisdad

AllStar

• Registered
  • 116 posts

Posted 19 February 2013 - 08:43 AM

Lost Girl did not record last night on my HR34. It did record on my HR20. I have both set up to record Both Repeats and First Runs. Series Link shows Lost Girl (0). This episode shows up 2 more times in the guide, but HR34 has not latched onto either. I did a double reboot last night before going to bed to see if that will make any difference.
HR20-100 since 2008 w/27" Sony SDTV
HR34 since 4/3/2012 w/47" Mitsubishi HDTV
HMC since 4/3/2012

#152 OFFLINE   RunnerFL

RunnerFL

Hall Of Fame

• DBSTalk Club
  • 15,828 posts

Posted 19 February 2013 - 08:50 AM

Lost Girl did not record last night on my HR34. It did record on my HR20. I have both set up to record Both Repeats and First Runs. Series Link shows Lost Girl (0). This episode shows up 2 more times in the guide, but HR34 has not latched onto either. I did a double reboot last night before going to bed to see if that will make any difference.

A double reboot will flush all guide data, and other goodies, and take anywhere from 24 to 48 hours to rebuild. Check it again later tonight or tomorrow.
THIS SPACE FOR RENT

#153 OFFLINE   lansbury

lansbury

AllStar

• Registered
  • 71 posts

Posted 19 February 2013 - 06:10 PM

Last night HR-34 started to get slower and slower responding to controls, finally stopped responding altogether. This happened when we had finished watching a recorded show and were trying to select another from the List. Couldn't reboot as it was recording others shows, so was stuck without TV until the recording finished and the box could be rebooted.

It is a nonsense that this is still happening, and seems to start without any warning.

#154 OFFLINE   pearkel

pearkel

AllStar

• Registered
  • 51 posts

Posted 19 February 2013 - 06:36 PM

Last night HR-34 started to get slower and slower responding to controls, finally stopped responding altogether. This happened when we had finished watching a recorded show and were trying to select another from the List. Couldn't reboot as it was recording others shows, so was stuck without TV until the recording finished and the box could be rebooted.

It is a nonsense that this is still happening, and seems to start without any warning.

This has happened to me twice in the last week. It also causes me to lose mrv from the hr34, only fix is a reboot. On Sunday it said it was recording the amazing race but when I went to watch later was the dreaded 1 minute recording. On Sunday also missed the Simpsons. (unexpected error)

#155 OFFLINE   samrs

samrs

MANC

• DBSTalk Club
  • 1,243 posts
  • LocationFlat Branch, NC

Posted 20 February 2013 - 06:42 AM

Report 20130220-4273

No Audio/Video.

Whats up with every wednesday morning.
HR20-100, HR20-700, HR24-100, HR34-700/AM21

#156 OFFLINE   Laxguy

Laxguy

Fortuna! Fameux des Halles

• DBSTalk Club
  • 12,181 posts
  • LocationWinters, California

Posted 20 February 2013 - 09:40 AM

This has happened to me twice in the last week. It also causes me to lose mrv from the hr34, only fix is a reboot. On Sunday it said it was recording the amazing race but when I went to watch later was the dreaded 1 minute recording. On Sunday also missed the Simpsons. (unexpected error)

Before you reboot again, try running through Network setup.
"Laxguy" means a guy who loves lacrosse.

#157 OFFLINE   RACJ2

RACJ2

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 3,852 posts

Posted 20 February 2013 - 08:42 PM

I had a similar experience the other night. Finally had to do a reset and then it was back functioning normal again.
HR34-700, HR22-100

#158 OFFLINE   Jerry_K

Jerry_K

Godfather

• Registered
  • 433 posts

Posted 21 February 2013 - 10:01 AM

It started last night with Fox recordings being unplayable for some reason or other. Fox live also stuck and would not play. So this morning my lovely wife said she could not get Fox at all. Had to reset the receiver. We have never been in one place this long since we got this semi useless DVR. It will not work for over two weeks. Second reboot in five weeks. Have not noticed this before since the DVR gets shut down every time we move.
Genie (nee HR34) 2TB Internal, Magnavox NR1601, Sharp 40" LED
HR24 2TB Internal, Magnavox NR1501, Sansui 32" LCD

#159 OFFLINE   bdot79

bdot79

• Registered
  • 9 posts
  • LocationMS Gulf Coast

Posted 22 February 2013 - 12:50 PM

Two times in the last week I have been unable to play a recording on the HR34 from any of my H25-100. I can see the playlist but when I play them it tries for about 10 seconds then I get a Unable to Play message. I RBR the HR34 and this issue is repaired. I hope I get the new software soon, this release has been the most unstable since I got the box in Aug.
HR34-700, AM21n & (3)H25-100
Whole Home DVR w/ wireless CCK
Slimline Dish w/ SWM 5 LNB
OTA Attic Antenna: McLapp M8
DTV since Aug. 2012

#160 OFFLINE   mikellie

mikellie

Cool Member

• Registered
  • 32 posts

Posted 23 February 2013 - 11:43 AM

I'm right there with all of you. I have rebooted 15 times, unplugged the unit overnight and then rebooted again, changed batteries in the remote, turned off native and scrolling, and called tech support 3 times. All I keep getting from them is that it is a known issue and they are working on it.

Big Deal. Sounds like they need new people to me. These HR34's are junk!
HR34-700, HR22-100(x2), 46" Samsung 3D LED, Samsung 32" HDTV. Whole Home DVR.

Protected By... spam firewall...And...