Welcome to DBSTalk

Sign In 

Create Account
Welcome to DBSTalk. Our community covers all aspects of video delivery solutions including: Direct Broadcast Satellite (DBS), Cable Television, and Internet Protocol Television (IPTV). We also have forums to discuss popular television programs, home theater equipment, and internet streaming service providers. Members of our community include experts who can help you solve technical problems, industry professionals, company representatives, and novices who are here to learn.

Like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community. Sign-up is a free and simple process that requires minimal information. Be a part of our community by signing in or creating an account. The Digital Bit Stream starts here!
  • Reply to existing topics or start a discussion of your own
  • Subscribe to topics and forums and get email updates
  • Send private personal messages (PM) to other forum members
  • Customize your profile page and make new friends

Guest Message by DevFuse

Photo

upgrading to protection plan premier

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 OFFLINE   dracocdm13

dracocdm13

• Registered
  • 1 posts

Posted 10 January 2013 - 01:22 AM

New to the forum and D* and had just a basic question. I have the hr34 and have seen the ps3 may be getting some form of the rvu tech soon in conjunction with the hr44 release. My question simply is if I were to upgrade my protection plan to the premier that covers other electronics would it also cover my game systems? I have checked terms and conditions but do not see game systems anywhere but they say devices used for D* are covered. Thanks in advance

...Ads Help To Support This SIte...

#2 OFFLINE   MysteryMan

MysteryMan

Hall Of Fame

• DBSTalk Club
  • 6,517 posts
  • LocationUSA

Posted 10 January 2013 - 04:16 AM

:welcome_s...... Using DirecTV's website bring up the Premier Protection Plan page. Select "Product Registration". Click "Category" and select "Others". Below that you will see "Product", "Brand", and "Model Number" Fill in the information for your product.

DirecTV customer since 1995.

#3 OFFLINE   rahlquist

rahlquist

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 1,631 posts

Posted 10 January 2013 - 12:41 PM

New to the forum and D* and had just a basic question. I have the hr34 and have seen the ps3 may be getting some form of the rvu tech soon in conjunction with the hr44 release. My question simply is if I were to upgrade my protection plan to the premier that covers other electronics would it also cover my game systems? I have checked terms and conditions but do not see game systems anywhere but they say devices used for D* are covered. Thanks in advance

I do not see game systems explicitly listed so no, I would not trust the PS3 to be covered until a change was made to the verbiage.

Qualifying Products: This Plan covers the [DIRECTV
System to include all associated cabling and switches,
Home Theater Systems, Laptops, Flat Panel Televisions,
Routers and Modems. Televisions covered are LCDS,
Plasmas and LED, and can be of any brand, any age and
any size, and include coverage for the original remote
control and 3D glasses. All types of Computer Systems,
Laptops and Tablets are eligible for coverage under this
Plan except Computers and Laptops which are not
equipped with a Windows Operating System version
Windows XP or newer or Android version 1.6 or newer and
Apple computers which are not equipped with an Apple
operating system version OS X or newer or Linux OS with
2009 publication date or newer. We may update this list at
any time]

#4 OFFLINE   goinsleeper

goinsleeper

Godfather

• Registered
  • 673 posts

Posted 10 January 2013 - 03:40 PM

I do not see game systems explicitly listed so no, I would not trust the PS3 to be covered until a change was made to the verbiage.

+1

Until the unit works with the HR34/HR44 it will not be listed. When it is RVU enabled, we'll have to see if D* changes the verbiage and includes the new device(s).

#5 OFFLINE   rahlquist

rahlquist

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 1,631 posts

Posted 11 January 2013 - 06:55 AM

+1

Until the unit works with the HR34/HR44 it will not be listed. When it is RVU enabled, we'll have to see if D* changes the verbiage and includes the new device(s).

I'd be willing to bet the consoles will never be added. With the number of failures of consoles compared to other electronics covered the cost would be disproportionately high to add them to the coverage. So it would possibly actually cost D* and/or their underwriter more and I don't see that happening.

spam firewall