Welcome to DBSTalk

Sign In 

Create Account
Welcome to DBSTalk. Our community covers all aspects of video delivery solutions including: Direct Broadcast Satellite (DBS), Cable Television, and Internet Protocol Television (IPTV). We also have forums to discuss popular television programs, home theater equipment, and internet streaming service providers. Members of our community include experts who can help you solve technical problems, industry professionals, company representatives, and novices who are here to learn.

Like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community. Sign-up is a free and simple process that requires minimal information. Be a part of our community by signing in or creating an account. The Digital Bit Stream starts here!
  • Reply to existing topics or start a discussion of your own
  • Subscribe to topics and forums and get email updates
  • Send private personal messages (PM) to other forum members
  • Customize your profile page and make new friends

Guest Message by DevFuse

Photo

DISH Disappointed with CBS' Interference with CNET's "Best of CES" Awards

• Please log in to reply
125 replies to this topic

#121 OFFLINE   SayWhat?

SayWhat?

Know Nothing

• Registered
  • 5,706 posts

Posted 03 February 2013 - 02:51 PM

I just remembered that the other incident was a GoDaddy ad that CBS wanted 'toned down'.
Help stamp out Twits and Twitterers!

HD, SchmacHD!! Just be glad you've got a picture at all.

...Ads Help To Support This SIte...

#122 OFFLINE   some guy

some guy

Godfather

• Registered
  • 413 posts

Posted 03 February 2013 - 03:12 PM

Content providers really don't want to lose 14 million customers either. Charlie isn't stupid, in fact he's very intelligent and knows what hes doing. I'm glad he fights the crazy cost increases these little local affiliates are trying to force on dish customers and i'm glad he stood up to AMC and FX. I enjoy my dish bill being as low as it is right now, and lower than my friends who have Direct and cable. I would like my bill to remain as low as it possibly can.

#123 OFFLINE   djlong

djlong

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 4,232 posts
  • LocationNew Hampshire

Posted 04 February 2013 - 05:51 AM

Well, I saw the "exploding soda bottles" ad for SodaStream during the Super Bowl. I wonder what changed or was all this hype based on a fabricated story?

#124 OFFLINE   Jim5506

Jim5506

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 3,501 posts

Posted 04 February 2013 - 11:56 AM

The original ad had a Coke and a Pepsi "employees" watching as their products exploded off the shelves. The replacement ad was just generic bottled soft drinks.
Tuners: Hopper 2000; Hopper w/Sling; 3 Joeys; Samsung SIR-T351; Accurian 6000;2 X HD TiVo; 2 X TiVo Series 2 Stand alone; Panasonic Showstopper 2000
Dish 1000.2 @ 110, 119, 129; dish 500 @ 61.5
Antennas - CM4228; RS U75-R; coathanger; Funke PSP.1922 (stillin the box); paperclip
Displays: Sony VPH D50Q with HD Fury HDMI input; Hitachi 57F59; Sony Bravia LCD;Sanyo 32" LCD; Panasonic 42" plasma
Sony 80GB PS3; Toshiba HD-DVD

Give me a Finco colinear array and I'll rule the world - HA-HA-HA-HA!

#125 OFFLINE   Grandude

Grandude

RichardParker II

• Registered
  • 881 posts

Posted 04 February 2013 - 01:16 PM

Ad was kinda silly to me. The product will probably be just a niche one that a few will buy.
If I want a coke or pepsi, I'll buy a coke or pepsi. Or maybe an RC cola.
I would expect that most people would react the same as I did and then go out and buy their Coke or Pepsi.

Brian...reporting from the left coast
 2 Hoppers,1 Joey, 1 VIP211K active receivers
 I still believe in magic
!

#126 OFFLINE   SayWhat?

SayWhat?

Know Nothing

• Registered
  • 5,706 posts

Posted 06 February 2013 - 05:40 PM

CBS seems to be on a roll. Now they're getting all uppity and hoity-toity about the Grammys.
Help stamp out Twits and Twitterers!

HD, SchmacHD!! Just be glad you've got a picture at all.

Protected By... spam firewall...And...