Welcome to DBSTalk

Sign In 

Create Account
Welcome to DBSTalk. Our community covers all aspects of video delivery solutions including: Direct Broadcast Satellite (DBS), Cable Television, and Internet Protocol Television (IPTV). We also have forums to discuss popular television programs, home theater equipment, and internet streaming service providers. Members of our community include experts who can help you solve technical problems, industry professionals, company representatives, and novices who are here to learn.

Like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community. Sign-up is a free and simple process that requires minimal information. Be a part of our community by signing in or creating an account. The Digital Bit Stream starts here!
  • Reply to existing topics or start a discussion of your own
  • Subscribe to topics and forums and get email updates
  • Send private personal messages (PM) to other forum members
  • Customize your profile page and make new friends

Guest Message by DevFuse

Photo
- - - - -

How to record more than 50 TV shows in Series Manager

• Please log in to reply
25 replies to this topic

#21 OFFLINE   dpeters11

dpeters11

Hall Of Fame

• DBSTalk Club
  • 12,910 posts
  • LocationCincinnati

Posted 16 January 2013 - 12:06 PM

Yeah, I could. Haven't run out of slots yet, so haven't bothered. Think I'm up to 88 or so, but some are temporary.

...Ads Help To Support This SIte...

#22 OFFLINE   CCarncross

CCarncross

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 7,058 posts
  • LocationJackson

Posted 16 January 2013 - 02:25 PM

I'm running about 45 SL's on my primary HR2x box, but I'm probably recording 100 different shows through the use of boolean searchs.

#23 OFFLINE   BAHitman

BAHitman

Godfather

• DBSTalk Club
  • 431 posts
  • LocationAustin Texas

Posted 16 January 2013 - 02:43 PM

My favorite news channel has "at 4:30" "daybreak" "midday" "at 5" "at 6" "nightbeat". to top that off, if you do a SL for "nightbeat" you get all but Thursday nights news for some wierd reason... at least they all start off with "KVUE News" so I have an autorecord on that one... still even on my HR34 I am only at 46...

HR34, HR20x3, HR22, HR23, H24, H21

-BAHitman

#24 OFFLINE   turls

turls

Legend

• Registered
  • 128 posts

Posted 17 January 2013 - 03:46 PM

I'm more surprised that anyone can find more than 50 different series to record.

I seriously doubt that if you have been paying any attention--and you've been a member since 2007?

Besides that, obviously DirecTV knows it is an issue or they wouldn't have bumped it to 100 in the HR34.
Love DirecTV on Demand? ISPs don't.

As you read posts claiming that OTA/ATSC is not important, remember that you are at the mercy of the individual stations and their negotiation status with DirecTV (not to mention missing out on subchannels). And these negotiations are not "one and done" but will come up every once in a while--and at that point you can lose your stations completely if there is an impasse.

#25 OFFLINE   Hoosier205

Hoosier205

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 6,596 posts

Posted 17 January 2013 - 04:35 PM

I seriously doubt that if you have been paying any attention--and you've been a member since 2007?

Besides that, obviously DirecTV knows it is an issue or they wouldn't have bumped it to 100 in the HR34.

...it has nothing to do with awareness. You missed the point. I am surprised that anyone can find more than 50 different series WORTH recording.
DTV = Digital Television

#26 OFFLINE   turls

turls

Legend

• Registered
  • 128 posts

Posted 17 January 2013 - 05:03 PM

Well, even if it was only series I would disagree with you, although I have cut back since my Tivo days. But when you take series + wishlist, easy to get to 50.
Love DirecTV on Demand? ISPs don't.

As you read posts claiming that OTA/ATSC is not important, remember that you are at the mercy of the individual stations and their negotiation status with DirecTV (not to mention missing out on subchannels). And these negotiations are not "one and done" but will come up every once in a while--and at that point you can lose your stations completely if there is an impasse.

Protected By... spam firewall...And...