Welcome to DBSTalk

Sign In 

Create Account
Welcome to DBSTalk. Our community covers all aspects of video delivery solutions including: Direct Broadcast Satellite (DBS), Cable Television, and Internet Protocol Television (IPTV). We also have forums to discuss popular television programs, home theater equipment, and internet streaming service providers. Members of our community include experts who can help you solve technical problems, industry professionals, company representatives, and novices who are here to learn.

Like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community. Sign-up is a free and simple process that requires minimal information. Be a part of our community by signing in or creating an account. The Digital Bit Stream starts here!
  • Reply to existing topics or start a discussion of your own
  • Subscribe to topics and forums and get email updates
  • Send private personal messages (PM) to other forum members
  • Customize your profile page and make new friends

Guest Message by DevFuse

Photo
- - - - -

program genie remote for rf. please help =(

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 OFFLINE   cnmsales

cnmsales

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 1,297 posts

Posted 11 January 2013 - 01:37 AM

Please help about to pull my hair out.

So when d* came out and installed service I had them put the dvr/server in the bedroom and the client in the living room. In the living room the equipment is in a closet so at the time I programmed the client to work on RF while the main rec in the bedroom stayed on ir.

Tonight I decided I wanted it connected to the network to make use of all the extra features. I have swapped both recievers.

I then programmed each for the TV they tie to.

After this I tried to program the main dvr for RF. It didn't work. I remembered I didn't reset the other remote so I went and did this then reprogrammed it for ir.

I then came back to the main dvr and tried again for RF. Still didn't work. So I then went to the client and reset the remote again and then unplugged the client and removed the batteries from the remote. Came back to main dvr and reset the remote and then reset the dvr. Upon reboot I tried to program remote for RF again and it still won't work!

What am I doing wrong? Can the new dvr do RF? I would assume it could. Can someone please help me figure it out. I don't have any other option as the dvr has to stay in the closet.

Thanks in advance for the help.

...Ads Help To Support This SIte...

#2 OFFLINE   Yoda-DBSguy

Yoda-DBSguy

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 1,089 posts
  • LocationA Galaxy Far, Far Away.....

Posted 11 January 2013 - 02:29 AM

If your refering to the Genie (HR34) and or it's client boxs (C32's), yes, they both can work on RF.

Are you sure that each of the remotes your trying to program into RF mode are actually RF remote models?

#3 OFFLINE   cnmsales

cnmsales

Hall Of Fame

• Topic Starter
  • Registered
  • 1,297 posts

Posted 11 January 2013 - 02:51 AM

Yoda thanks for the quick reply. One is an rc65 one is an rc65rx. I'm going to assume they are both not RF capable.

How can I program them to the opposite rec?

#4 OFFLINE   Yoda-DBSguy

Yoda-DBSguy

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 1,089 posts

Posted 11 January 2013 - 03:06 AM

Yoda thanks for the quick reply. One is an rc65 one is an rc65rx. I'm going to assume they are both not RF capable.

How can I program them to the opposite rec?

The one ending in RX is an IR/RF remote while the plain RC65 is an IR only.
For the Genie in RF remote with your RC65RX remote:
1. slide the switch to dtv
2. press and hold MUTE & SELECT, wait for two blinks, release
3. enter 9 6 1
4. press CH UP
5. enter the last 6 digits of the Receiver ID #(RID), found on a sticker in the access card compartment
6. press SELECT

For the C31 clients, you need an RF remote if you want RF operation as the RC65 you have won't do it. Until then use the RC65 and select IR mode in the C31 clent. If the C31 client is set to RF curently; just reset it to IR by restoring to default settings. you can do this by holding down the power button on the client for more then 10 seconds.....

#5 OFFLINE   cnmsales

cnmsales

Hall Of Fame

• Topic Starter
  • Registered
  • 1,297 posts

Posted 11 January 2013 - 03:11 AM

I want the RF remote to work on the genie. The c31 can use ir. So to reprogram each remote I just follow the above steps for each remote and recv?

#6 OFFLINE   Yoda-DBSguy

Yoda-DBSguy

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 1,089 posts

Posted 11 January 2013 - 03:16 AM

yup ;)

Protected By... spam firewall...And...