Welcome to DBSTalk
Like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community. Sign-up is a free and simple process that requires minimal information. Be a part of our community by signing in or creating an account. The Digital Bit Stream starts here!
- Reply to existing topics or start a discussion of your own
- Subscribe to topics and forums and get email updates
- Send private personal messages (PM) to other forum members
- Customize your profile page and make new friends
H25 Receiver Questions
Posted 11 January 2013 - 02:25 PM
1. on bedroom H25, I cannot pause, rewind live programming, is that to be expected? I can however use those functions when playing back recorded content.
2. is H25 the latest model for what I'm using it for?
3. is HR24-500 latest model short of installing genie?
4. I've seen this answered in earlier threads but just want to make sure...the guide recently eliminated an off-air channel which i know continues to exist (cable carries it). Therefore I cannot access channel via guide. Prior to that happening the guide always was unable to identify content so I had to manually record show. Is that the reason no longer shows because directv does not have programming content?
5. My former DISH dvr allowed me to rename title of recorded program, does HR24 have this capability? I cannot find any reference to it.
Thank you for any guidance.
Posted 11 January 2013 - 02:30 PM
2 and 3. HR24 and H25 are the most current of its class.
4. I believe this would be correct. The HR24 cannot scan for channels.
5. This is not possible.
Posted 11 January 2013 - 02:31 PM
2. Yes, it is the latest HD Receiver.
4. DirecTV uses Tribune Media for it's guide data. Check with them to see if it's available
5. You cannot rename recordings
HR34, HR20x3, HR22, HR23, H24, H21
Posted 11 January 2013 - 02:37 PM
Posted 23 January 2013 - 06:23 PM
Posted 23 January 2013 - 06:40 PM
Edited by dpeters11, 23 January 2013 - 09:33 PM.
Posted 23 January 2013 - 08:48 PM
I have a question about the H25..Does it run hot to the touch, I have one in my sons room and it always seems warm. Is this Normal? Thank you in Advance..
My H25 wasn't never very hot, but the power brick definitely got pretty warm.
Today's problems don't worry me, I haven't solved yesterday's yet.
SlimLine-3 Dish w/ SWM16 (HD Service / WHDVR) / Full Setup
HR34-700 / Panasonic TC-P50G25 HDTV / HDMI / Networked - DECA / Family Room
HR44-700 / Samsung HCM5525W HDTV / Component / Networked - DECA / Bedroom
HR24-100 / Samsung HCM5525W HDTV / Component / Networked - DECA / Bedroom
Posted 23 January 2013 - 09:33 PM