Welcome to DBSTalk

Sign In 

Create Account
Welcome to DBSTalk. Our community covers all aspects of video delivery solutions including: Direct Broadcast Satellite (DBS), Cable Television, and Internet Protocol Television (IPTV). We also have forums to discuss popular television programs, home theater equipment, and internet streaming service providers. Members of our community include experts who can help you solve technical problems, industry professionals, company representatives, and novices who are here to learn.

Like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community. Sign-up is a free and simple process that requires minimal information. Be a part of our community by signing in or creating an account. The Digital Bit Stream starts here!
  • Reply to existing topics or start a discussion of your own
  • Subscribe to topics and forums and get email updates
  • Send private personal messages (PM) to other forum members
  • Customize your profile page and make new friends

Guest Message by DevFuse

Photo

Remote Issue

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 OFFLINE   rahlquist

rahlquist

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 1,631 posts

Posted 11 January 2013 - 09:36 PM

Recently our R34 took another flight off the bed onto the hardwood in the middle of the night. Shortly after we noticed that hitting the OFF button didnt power off the TV anymore. If I slid the selector to TV and used PWR it would turn it off. So I ordred a RC65RX and when it arrived I set it up, get everything working with the exception of, you guessed it, the OFF button still will only kill the DVR and not the TV. The PWR button again works.

Any thoughts or suggestions?

For whatever reason the old code no longer works (difference in the remotes?) Found this thread http://forums.direct...mentID=10840199 with same tv and remote and now its all good.

Edited by rahlquist, 11 January 2013 - 09:47 PM.

...Ads Help To Support This SIte...

#2 OFFLINE   JBv

JBv

Godfather

• Registered
  • 817 posts
  • LocationTulsa, OK

Posted 11 January 2013 - 11:08 PM

Edit: oh, Toshiba! Code 12006 works for on/off on most of them. The other one that usually works is 10765 but that one will not work with the TV Input button.
DirecTV Employee
The postings on this site are my own and do not represent DirecTV's positions, strategies, or opinions.

#3 OFFLINE   jagrim

jagrim

Hall Of Fame

• DBSTalk Club
  • 1,650 posts

Posted 12 January 2013 - 07:40 AM

Recently our R34 took another flight off the bed onto the hardwood in the middle of the night. Shortly after we noticed that hitting the OFF button didnt power off the TV anymore. If I slid the selector to TV and used PWR it would turn it off. So I ordred a RC65RX and when it arrived I set it up, get everything working with the exception of, you guessed it, the OFF button still will only kill the DVR and not the TV. The PWR button again works.

Rahlquist,

I had the same issue on one of my remotes. The on/off would not work unless the I used the slider switches. I could also hear some rattling noise when I shook the remote. I had a spare but didn't want to take the time to reprogram so Qi opened it up. Instructions can be found on this site or do a search on YouTube will give you a video go by. I found that a little piece of orange junk that was used to stabilize the transmitter had broken off and was preventing the on/off button from working. Cleaned it off and it works perfectly again. Total time to fix was under 15 minutes.

#4 OFFLINE   Dazed & Confused

Dazed & Confused

Godfather

• Registered
  • 273 posts

Posted 12 January 2013 - 05:20 PM

Is there anything in the tips and tricks to fix this: :lol:

Posted Image

Finally got sick of dealing with this one and another that was acting up, so have two new ones coming Monday.

Protected By... spam firewall...And...