Welcome to DBSTalk

Sign In 

Create Account
Welcome to DBSTalk. Our community covers all aspects of video delivery solutions including: Direct Broadcast Satellite (DBS), Cable Television, and Internet Protocol Television (IPTV). We also have forums to discuss popular television programs, home theater equipment, and internet streaming service providers. Members of our community include experts who can help you solve technical problems, industry professionals, company representatives, and novices who are here to learn.

Like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community. Sign-up is a free and simple process that requires minimal information. Be a part of our community by signing in or creating an account. The Digital Bit Stream starts here!
  • Reply to existing topics or start a discussion of your own
  • Subscribe to topics and forums and get email updates
  • Send private personal messages (PM) to other forum members
  • Customize your profile page and make new friends

Guest Message by DevFuse

Photo
- - - - -

HDMI Warning Screen

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 OFFLINE   elbyj

elbyj

Godfather

• Registered
  • 270 posts

Posted 12 January 2013 - 05:30 PM

I am using a HR21-700 with a single HD Samsung LCD monitor. Periodically, when I change channels I will see a warning screen immediately before the channel comes on the screen. The warning screen says something about a non-compatible HDMI cable is causing the picture to not be displayed correctly. Anybody seen this screen and what is it trying to tell me?

Thanks much.

...Ads Help To Support This SIte...

#2 OFFLINE   Laxguy

Laxguy

Fortuna! Fameux des Halles

• DBSTalk Club
  • 11,596 posts
  • LocationWinters, California

Posted 12 January 2013 - 06:28 PM

Most important: Do you have an anomalies in your picture?

Do you have Native on or off? Do you have all resolutions checked in the setup? (menu->Settings->Display->TV resolutions?)

Not sure what the cause of that message might be. Loose connection?
"Laxguy" means a guy who loves lacrosse.

#3 ONLINE   dpeters11

dpeters11

Hall Of Fame

• DBSTalk Club
  • 12,461 posts
  • LocationCincinnati

Posted 12 January 2013 - 06:33 PM

Does this only happen with premiums like HBO?

#4 ONLINE   jimmie57

jimmie57

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 3,203 posts
  • LocationTexas City, TX

Posted 12 January 2013 - 06:37 PM

Is this a computer monitor or are you just referring to the TV as a monitor ?

DirecTV customer since 1996 - Current :Slimline 3 SWM,   HR24-100 HDMI to 32" Sharp LED,
HR24-100 Component cables to 46" Samsung LCD & Optical Cable to Yamaha AVR, H21-200 HDMI to Yamaha AVR & HDMI to 52" Mitsubishi LCD

#5 OFFLINE   sweep49

sweep49

Legend

• DBSTalk Club
  • 160 posts
  • LocationSW GA

Posted 13 January 2013 - 10:01 AM

I get this sometimes when switching to a premium channel [like HBO] which has HDCP content protection. I think it briefly displays until the HDMI handshake between the tv and receiver is completed. There are numerous threads about this subject if one does not have an HDCP compliant HDMI connection, and the message stays on telling you to switch to component cables for HD reception.

HR22-100 + AM21
HR22-100

HR44-500 + AM21
H21 + AM21

Self installed:
Slimline 5
SWM-16
MRV

#6 OFFLINE   Beerstalker

Beerstalker

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 2,986 posts

Posted 14 January 2013 - 01:30 PM

I have started catching a glimpse of this warning popup on my TVs lately as well. I'm thinking some programmer at DirecTV must have been playing with the timing on the HDCP handshake because I have never seen this until the last week or so, and none of my TVs or the cabling have changed in years (and yes all of mine are HDCP compliant).

It seems to only happen on the premiums like HBO/Cinemax, etc, which makes sense since those are supposedly the only channels using HDCP right now.
Sometimes when I reflect back on all the beer I drink I feel ashamed. Then I look into the glass and think about the workers in the brewery and all of their hopes and dreams. If I didn’t drink this beer, they might be out of work and their dreams would be shattered. Then I say to myself, "It is better that I drink this beer and let their dreams come true than be selfish and worry about my liver."
-by Jack Handy

spam firewall