Welcome to DBSTalk

Sign In 

Create Account
Welcome to DBSTalk. Our community covers all aspects of video delivery solutions including: Direct Broadcast Satellite (DBS), Cable Television, and Internet Protocol Television (IPTV). We also have forums to discuss popular television programs, home theater equipment, and internet streaming service providers. Members of our community include experts who can help you solve technical problems, industry professionals, company representatives, and novices who are here to learn.

Like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community. Sign-up is a free and simple process that requires minimal information. Be a part of our community by signing in or creating an account. The Digital Bit Stream starts here!
  • Reply to existing topics or start a discussion of your own
  • Subscribe to topics and forums and get email updates
  • Send private personal messages (PM) to other forum members
  • Customize your profile page and make new friends

Guest Message by DevFuse

Photo
- - - - -

Is there an H25 Forum?

• Please log in to reply
21 replies to this topic

#1 OFFLINE   lipcrkr

lipcrkr

Legend

• Registered
  • 285 posts

Posted 12 January 2013 - 11:23 PM

........or will this do? I have an H25 and everything was fine but i got a new A/V receiver and can't remember how it was hooked up. Now i can't get DirecTV because the Sat box won't come on. My Sat box is connected via HDMI to the HDMI on my TV? Or should it be from Sat box to the A/V receiver? I've tried everything but the DirecTV box doesn't come on. Any suggestions or can you guys point me in the right direction. Like i said, not matter what HDMI connection i'm using it still no power on the Sat box. Thanks.

...Ads Help To Support This Site...

#2 OFFLINE   Davenlr

Davenlr

Geek til I die

• Registered
  • 9,090 posts

Posted 12 January 2013 - 11:26 PM

HDMI connection wont affect power to the sat box, unless you plugged the sat box power brick into the AMPs aux power plug. Plug the H25 power supply into a wall outlet, check the brick to make sure all connections are tight, and the H25 to make sure its plugged in good. Once its running, if you amp has HMDI input, run the H25 into the Amp that way, so you dont have to switch TV inputs every time you watch some other device.

Tivo Premier XL4, Tivo Premier, Tivo HD whole home on Xfinity HD, DirecTv Whole Home with 39" high gain KaKu dish, Roku3,SageTv 8 TB Win8 Server -> DVDO Edge-> Denon AVR, Klipsch KB15's/Panasonic 55ST60 plasma"

#3 OFFLINE   lipcrkr

lipcrkr

Legend

• Topic Starter
  • Registered
  • 285 posts

Posted 12 January 2013 - 11:59 PM

Thanks. Didn't work. The H25 still doesn't power on. The main plus is in the wall, my A/V receiver is plugged into the wall (like it says), and the brick is in the power pack. For some reason the H25 is not connecting.

#4 OFFLINE   Davenlr

Davenlr

Geek til I die

• Registered
  • 9,090 posts

Posted 13 January 2013 - 12:01 AM

Is it not powering on at all, or is it coming on and you just arent getting video out? Light on the front not lighting up?

Tivo Premier XL4, Tivo Premier, Tivo HD whole home on Xfinity HD, DirecTv Whole Home with 39" high gain KaKu dish, Roku3,SageTv 8 TB Win8 Server -> DVDO Edge-> Denon AVR, Klipsch KB15's/Panasonic 55ST60 plasma"

#5 OFFLINE   lipcrkr

lipcrkr

Legend

• Topic Starter
  • Registered
  • 285 posts

Posted 13 January 2013 - 12:04 AM

No light. It's not even recognizing Directv, just my HDMI 1/DVI on my computer.

#6 OFFLINE   Davenlr

Davenlr

Geek til I die

• Registered
  • 9,090 posts

Posted 13 January 2013 - 12:05 AM

If there is no light on the H25, take it into another room and plug it into another outlet and make sure the power supply isnt bad.

#7 OFFLINE   lipcrkr

lipcrkr

Legend

• Topic Starter
  • Registered
  • 285 posts

Posted 13 January 2013 - 12:09 AM

I'll try, but it's not the power supply persay, because it was fine earlier today. But i'll try it.

#8 OFFLINE   Davenlr

Davenlr

Geek til I die

• Registered
  • 9,090 posts

Posted 13 January 2013 - 12:16 AM

Ok. I cant think of any reason why a wall outlet would stop working though, unless somehow the breaker got tripped. If it works in another outlet, then we can figure out why it stopped working and go from there.

#9 OFFLINE   lipcrkr

lipcrkr

Legend

• Topic Starter
  • Registered
  • 285 posts

Posted 13 January 2013 - 12:19 AM

Well, so much for that. I can't get the plug out from the back of the H25 box. If i call DirecTV will they come out soon, like a couple of days? Cause i can't watch my HDTV without the box.

#10 OFFLINE   Davenlr

Davenlr

Geek til I die

• Registered
  • 9,090 posts

Posted 13 January 2013 - 12:22 AM

Well, so much for that. I can't get the plug out from the back of the H25 box. If i call DirecTV will they come out soon, like a couple of days? Cause i can't watch my HDTV without the box.

That I do not know. Is the plug melted? Cant take the H25 and power brick out without unplugging it from the H25?

#11 OFFLINE   lipcrkr

lipcrkr

Legend

• Topic Starter
  • Registered
  • 285 posts

Posted 13 January 2013 - 12:33 AM

Yeah, i can do it. I just have to untangle all the wires, it may take awhile. I had a minor stroke last year so i'm not as mobile as i once was. Thank you. I'll post my results.

#12 OFFLINE   Davenlr

Davenlr

Geek til I die

• Registered
  • 9,090 posts

Posted 13 January 2013 - 12:37 AM

Yeah, i can do it. I just have to untangle all the wires, it may take awhile. I had a minor stroke last year so i'm not as mobile as i once was. Thank you. I'll post my results.

Sorry to hear that. Awaiting your results. Hopefully we can get it working for you.

#13 OFFLINE   veryoldschool

veryoldschool

Lifetime Achiever

• Moderators
  • 42,171 posts

Posted 13 January 2013 - 12:45 AM

IIRC where the cord connects is a green LED to show the H25 is receiving power.
A.K.A VOS

#14 OFFLINE   lipcrkr

lipcrkr

Legend

• Topic Starter
  • Registered
  • 285 posts

Posted 13 January 2013 - 01:03 AM

Sorry to hear that. Awaiting your results. Hopefully we can get it working for you.

I tried it again and nothing. Must be dead?

#15 OFFLINE   Davenlr

Davenlr

Geek til I die

• Registered
  • 9,090 posts

Posted 13 January 2013 - 01:05 AM

No green LED or anything? Sounds like you need a service call. Hopefully they can get to you pretty quick. Dont know how long the service takes, think it probably depends on your location. Id give them a call. Cant fix it if we cant get it to power on.

#16 OFFLINE   lipcrkr

lipcrkr

Legend

• Topic Starter
  • Registered
  • 285 posts

Posted 13 January 2013 - 01:09 AM

IIRC where the cord connects is a green LED to show the H25 is receiving power.

Nothing is showing in green or blue. Unless i missed something. The cords are all connected.

#17 OFFLINE   Davenlr

Davenlr

Geek til I die

• Registered
  • 9,090 posts

Posted 13 January 2013 - 01:11 AM

Sounds like a bad power supply to me, but if you cant unplug it from the unit, I dont know of any option except having them swap the unit.

#18 OFFLINE   lipcrkr

lipcrkr

Legend

• Topic Starter
  • Registered
  • 285 posts

Posted 13 January 2013 - 01:17 AM

Sounds like a bad power supply to me, but if you cant unplug it from the unit, I dont know of any option except having them swap the unit.

The frustrating thing is apparently when i tried the A/V receiver earlier, it apparently did something when i tried to re-connect it. In other words.........it was my fault.....LOL. Thanks for hanging in there. I'll make an appointment.

#19 OFFLINE   Davenlr

Davenlr

Geek til I die

• Registered
  • 9,090 posts

Posted 13 January 2013 - 01:18 AM

Ok. Good luck. Hope you get a rapid repair.

#20 OFFLINE   lipcrkr

lipcrkr

Legend

• Topic Starter
  • Registered
  • 285 posts

Posted 13 January 2013 - 01:47 AM

Thanks

#21 OFFLINE   lipcrkr

lipcrkr

Legend

• Topic Starter
  • Registered
  • 285 posts

Posted 13 January 2013 - 01:59 AM

No green LED or anything? Sounds like you need a service call. Hopefully they can get to you pretty quick. Dont know how long the service takes, think it probably depends on your location. Id give them a call. Cant fix it if we cant get it to power on.

Dave, i am getting the Green light on the back of the power supply, but still no blue on the DirecTV box.

#22 OFFLINE   lipcrkr

lipcrkr

Legend

• Topic Starter
  • Registered
  • 285 posts

Posted 13 January 2013 - 04:06 AM

Dave, it's still only about 2am here in LA (LOL), but when you wake up ( it says you're from ARK), please accept my gratitude for all your help and i'm a little embarrassed to say this but...............it was the power cord, it has 3 cords and the 2nd one wasn't connected. The one that plugs into my power strip which i didn't see because it was hidden behind my sub. The Sat box is fine now, watching John Carter with my A/V receiver in all it's glory. Now i have to figure out why my sound doesn't come out when i switch to my HDMI 1 and Optical from my PC...LOL.
Once again, thanks.

Protected By... spam firewall...And...