Welcome to DBSTalk

Sign In 

Create Account
Welcome to DBSTalk. Our community covers all aspects of video delivery solutions including: Direct Broadcast Satellite (DBS), Cable Television, and Internet Protocol Television (IPTV). We also have forums to discuss popular television programs, home theater equipment, and internet streaming service providers. Members of our community include experts who can help you solve technical problems, industry professionals, company representatives, and novices who are here to learn.

Like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community. Sign-up is a free and simple process that requires minimal information. Be a part of our community by signing in or creating an account. The Digital Bit Stream starts here!
  • Reply to existing topics or start a discussion of your own
  • Subscribe to topics and forums and get email updates
  • Send private personal messages (PM) to other forum members
  • Customize your profile page and make new friends

Guest Message by DevFuse

Photo
- - - - -

722 loses signal randomly

• Please log in to reply
9 replies to this topic

#1 OFFLINE   blahblahblah65

blahblahblah65

Mentor

• Registered
  • 39 posts

Posted 13 January 2013 - 07:02 PM

Hi all, I have a vip722 and signal strength is in the 40's for all three satellites. Seemingly randomly the 722 will lose signal (typically some time over night/when I go to turn the tv on the next day) and when the 722 is turned on it shows the "acquiring" screen. I can go into menu 6-1-1 and there is no signal on any of the three.

Then, if I unplug the coax, do a reset on the 722, then plug the cable back in, everything starts working again. This "solution" works every time but means any time I'm not there to perform it I can't record on the DVR.

I've checked and replaced all the cables I have access to and all are RG6.
Any thoughts on what the problem might be?

Thanks!

...Ads Help To Support This SIte...

#2 OFFLINE   P Smith

P Smith

Mr. FixAnything

• Registered
  • 19,757 posts
  • LocationMediterranean Sea

Posted 13 January 2013 - 07:43 PM

central wire corrosion somewhere ? F-connectors failures ? do you have a switch ? - try to recycle its power

#3 OFFLINE   blahblahblah65

blahblahblah65

Mentor

• Topic Starter
  • Registered
  • 39 posts

Posted 13 January 2013 - 07:53 PM

I replaced all of the wires so I can't imagine corrosion is an issue/f connector issue. No switch is installed, as it just goes from the dish to the home distribution which only has a splitter.

Would switching the port on the LNB assembly matter? I haven't tried that yet...

#4 OFFLINE   P Smith

P Smith

Mr. FixAnything

• Registered
  • 19,757 posts

Posted 13 January 2013 - 07:57 PM

I would try new LNBF. BTW, did you check Details after System Info, perhaps there is drift of LOF in the LNBF ?

#5 OFFLINE   blahblahblah65

blahblahblah65

Mentor

• Topic Starter
  • Registered
  • 39 posts

Posted 13 January 2013 - 08:19 PM

I would try new LNBF. BTW, did you check Details after System Info, perhaps there is drift of LOF in the LNBF ?

Can you explain what that means? I have not checked that screen but I will. Just need to know what I'm looking for since I've not heard of this before.
thanks!

#6 OFFLINE   P Smith

P Smith

Mr. FixAnything

• Registered
  • 19,757 posts

Posted 13 January 2013 - 09:07 PM

Take a look at that threads and posts what are about the "drift" of LNBF; I would recommend use Search in dish forums.

#7 OFFLINE   boba

boba

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 5,580 posts

Posted 13 January 2013 - 09:51 PM

Did you ever get the spark problem from May solved?

#8 OFFLINE   Stewart Vernon

Stewart Vernon

Excellent Adventurer

• Moderators
  • 19,499 posts
  • LocationKittrell, NC

Posted 13 January 2013 - 10:41 PM

Moving to the 722 support forum for more exposure.

-- I like to go fast (not really)

#9 OFFLINE   blahblahblah65

blahblahblah65

Mentor

• Topic Starter
  • Registered
  • 39 posts

Posted 14 January 2013 - 12:51 PM

Did you ever get the spark problem from May solved?

Hi, yes, I ended up just running a separate cable. So rather than using the diplexer setup I use separate cables for HSI and Dish now. Seems to have worked. Sorry I did not follow up in the other thread!!

#10 OFFLINE   CeeWoo

CeeWoo

Godfather

• Registered
  • 336 posts

Posted 14 January 2013 - 04:55 PM

Mine is a 722K, but Strangely, I've had the 'partial signal loss' message come up a couple times in the last couple weeks. In playing around with the remote, I found that when I hit the 'guide' button, and then the cancel button, it goes back to normal.

Has me scratching my head

spam firewall