Welcome to DBSTalk

Sign In 

Create Account
Welcome to DBSTalk. Our community covers all aspects of video delivery solutions including: Direct Broadcast Satellite (DBS), Cable Television, and Internet Protocol Television (IPTV). We also have forums to discuss popular television programs, home theater equipment, and internet streaming service providers. Members of our community include experts who can help you solve technical problems, industry professionals, company representatives, and novices who are here to learn.

Like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community. Sign-up is a free and simple process that requires minimal information. Be a part of our community by signing in or creating an account. The Digital Bit Stream starts here!
  • Reply to existing topics or start a discussion of your own
  • Subscribe to topics and forums and get email updates
  • Send private personal messages (PM) to other forum members
  • Customize your profile page and make new friends

Guest Message by DevFuse

Photo
- - - - -

Nhlci 2012-2013 cbc hd?

• Please log in to reply
30 replies to this topic

#21 OFFLINE   RoyGBiv

RoyGBiv

Icon

• Registered
  • 637 posts

Posted 16 January 2013 - 09:41 AM

FWIW, I wish the NHL Network would show ZERO games. Between that horrible crawl on the bottom of the screen and the lack of pre- and post-game shows as well as no intermission from the games, their coverage sucks.

I could not agree more. Unfortunately I think 10 of this year's Rangers games (my team) are on NHL-N. I hate it.

SMK

...Ads Help To Support This SIte...

#22 OFFLINE   n3ntj

n3ntj

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 5,702 posts

Posted 16 January 2013 - 04:27 PM

I'd personally rather watch live NHL games, than the NHL Live show on NHL Network. Was nice when we'd get the 7pm and the 10pm CBC HNIC HD games on NHL Network each Saturday. Don't know what Bettman's smoking, but who would want to only see one game and then a highlight show @ 10pm instead of more live hockey?

Seeing the Canadian teams play is good.
HD Snob - "Friends Don't Let Friends Watch Cable".
Electrical/RF Engineer & Inspector
DirecTV Equipment: HR24-200, HR24-100, 5LNB Slimline, AM21, SWiM 8 installed (MRV)
HR-2x Configuration: Native OFF. Units OFF when not in use.
TVs: 2 Panasonic Plasma TV's each using HDMI (one 1080p/one 720p)
DirecTV customer since 1998. Plus HD DVR package w/ NHL Center Ice & MLB Extra Innings.
OTA Antenna: Homebrew UHF & VHF antennas w/ 30dB amplifier fed w/ RG-6 Quad-shield coax.

#23 OFFLINE   Peter305

Peter305

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 1,146 posts

Posted 17 January 2013 - 09:59 PM

I'd personally rather watch live NHL games, than the NHL Live show on NHL Network. Was nice when we'd get the 7pm and the 10pm CBC HNIC HD games on NHL Network each Saturday. Don't know what Bettman's smoking, but who would want to only see one game and then a highlight show @ 10pm instead of more live hockey?

Seeing the Canadian teams play is good.

Forget HD, there aren't any CBC HNIC games showing up in the guide at all at the moment. Not looking good.

#24 OFFLINE   Grafixguy

Grafixguy

Godfather

• Registered
  • 377 posts

Posted 18 January 2013 - 08:35 AM

Forget HD, there aren't any CBC HNIC games showing up in the guide at all at the moment. Not looking good.

It's a bit early to worry about what is and isn't in the guide.

#25 OFFLINE   Peter305

Peter305

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 1,146 posts

Posted 18 January 2013 - 08:51 AM

It's a bit early to worry about what is and isn't in the guide.

I hope you are right! It's just that I think ALL of the other games for tomorrow and Sunday are showing up. Even some games from Monday are there!

#26 OFFLINE   mgoblue99

mgoblue99

Legend

• Registered
  • 130 posts

Posted 18 January 2013 - 10:14 AM

Something is obviously missing. The Leafs/Habs game Saturday at 7 PM and the Jets/Sens game Saturday at 3 PM are both not listed on the DirecTV guide. Those should both be included in the package. I'm hoping Satelliteracer can give us some insight here.

#27 OFFLINE   STEVED21

STEVED21

Godfather

• Registered
  • 327 posts

Posted 18 January 2013 - 02:10 PM

Good news!!! 3 games in HD on 769-1.

#28 OFFLINE   bosco10021

bosco10021

Icon

• Registered
  • 514 posts

Posted 18 January 2013 - 03:46 PM

There is a Hockey God....

#29 OFFLINE   S.C. Am

S.C. Am

Mentor

• Registered
  • 47 posts

Posted 19 January 2013 - 09:18 AM

For CBC they're likely using the C-Band feeds and not the Ku-band feeds used by Shaw Direct subscribers.

The Shaw Broadcast Services HD channels that any N.A. satellite/cable company can access is the HD Signal Transport Link on this page.

http://www.cancombro...ChannelInfo.htm

It usually is a case of the sat/cable company not wanting to pay the SBS transport fee.

#30 ONLINE   JoeTheDragon

JoeTheDragon

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 4,197 posts

Posted 19 January 2013 - 01:42 PM

The Shaw Broadcast Services HD channels that any N.A. satellite/cable company can access is the HD Signal Transport Link on this page.

http://www.cancombro...ChannelInfo.htm

It usually is a case of the sat/cable company not wanting to pay the SBS transport fee.

in demand uses Shaw Broadcast Services
I want CLTV / CLTV HD on direct tv.

#31 OFFLINE   Peter305

Peter305

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 1,146 posts

Posted 19 January 2013 - 02:22 PM

CBC HNIC in glourious HD

spam firewall