Welcome to DBSTalk

Sign In 

Create Account
Welcome to DBSTalk. Our community covers all aspects of video delivery solutions including: Direct Broadcast Satellite (DBS), Cable Television, and Internet Protocol Television (IPTV). We also have forums to discuss popular television programs, home theater equipment, and internet streaming service providers. Members of our community include experts who can help you solve technical problems, industry professionals, company representatives, and novices who are here to learn.

Like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community. Sign-up is a free and simple process that requires minimal information. Be a part of our community by signing in or creating an account. The Digital Bit Stream starts here!
  • Reply to existing topics or start a discussion of your own
  • Subscribe to topics and forums and get email updates
  • Send private personal messages (PM) to other forum members
  • Customize your profile page and make new friends

Guest Message by DevFuse

Photo
- - - - -

Can't get just one more Hopper?

• Please log in to reply
14 replies to this topic

#1 OFFLINE   Badfish740

Badfish740

Cool Member

• Registered
  • 22 posts

Posted 15 January 2013 - 01:17 PM

So only having three tuners got old quick :P We also upgraded to the America's Top 200 package at the same time and my wife is eating up all of the tuners! I called Dish and asked them to send out one additional Hopper. I have one Hopper and one Joey now, but we just got a third TV. The CSR on the phone told me that the system would not let her order just a Hopper and that I'd have to take another Joey as well for an additional $150 upgrade fee on top of the $150 I paid to upgrade a month ago :( I PM'ed a DIRT rep to see if they can help me. Anyone else run into this?

...Ads Help To Support This SIte...

#2 OFFLINE   Inkosaurus

Inkosaurus

Icon

• Registered
  • 678 posts

Posted 15 January 2013 - 01:23 PM

Order the Hopper and Joey, when the tech gets there decline the joey ;)

#3 OFFLINE   Badfish740

Badfish740

Cool Member

• Topic Starter
  • Registered
  • 22 posts

Posted 15 January 2013 - 01:26 PM

Order the Hopper and Joey, when the tech gets there decline the joey ;)

It cost me $150 upgrade to one Hopper and one Joey initially. The CSR told me to get one more Joey it would cost $50. An additional Hopper AND Joey would be $150, so it sounds like one Hopper should only cost $100. I want the second Hopper, but I don't want to pay more for it than I should have to.

#4 OFFLINE   P Smith

P Smith

Mr. FixAnything

• Registered
  • 19,929 posts
  • LocationMediterranean Sea

Posted 15 January 2013 - 01:38 PM

free fish wold be only in cat's bowl :)

#5 OFFLINE   garys

garys

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 3,167 posts

Posted 15 January 2013 - 01:53 PM

It cost me $150 upgrade to one Hopper and one Joey initially. The CSR told me to get one more Joey it would cost $50. An additional Hopper AND Joey would be $150, so it sounds like one Hopper should only cost $100. I want the second Hopper, but I don't want to pay more for it than I should have to.

There was a price reduction, and it probably happened after your initial install. Unfortunately, Dish will not refund money already paid.

#6 OFFLINE   Badfish740

Badfish740

Cool Member

• Topic Starter
  • Registered
  • 22 posts

Posted 15 January 2013 - 01:58 PM

There was a price reduction, and it probably happened after your initial install. Unfortunately, Dish will not refund money already paid.

I think my last post wasn't well worded-I'm not looking for a refund on anything I've already leased. Here is my current situation:

I have one Hopper and one Joey, which I paid $150 for.

I would like an additional Hopper (instead of a second Joey) so that will have two Hoppers and one Joey.

I was told that I could get one Joey for $50 OR a Hopper AND a Joey (which I would not need) for $150. I want just a Hopper for $100.

#7 OFFLINE   garys

garys

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 3,167 posts

Posted 15 January 2013 - 02:15 PM

You can try a reputable local retailer or you can try a PM to a DIRT member here. Dish's system does not let a customer have 2H with 1J. They can give you a 2H/2J setup, you can refuse the 2nd Joey at install but again, you may have a problem getting your $50 back.

#8 OFFLINE   Yankee

Yankee

• Registered
  • 9 posts

Posted 15 January 2013 - 02:26 PM

I know they can do a 2 hopper/1 joey system well when i did my upgrade Corporate Office did mine the man that did mine ask me my recording schdule so he said 2 hoppers and 1 joey would work great

#9 OFFLINE   Badfish740

Badfish740

Cool Member

• Topic Starter
  • Registered
  • 22 posts

Posted 15 January 2013 - 02:41 PM

You can try a reputable local retailer or you can try a PM to a DIRT member here. Dish's system does not let a customer have 2H with 1J. They can give you a 2H/2J setup, you can refuse the 2nd Joey at install but again, you may have a problem getting your $50 back.

Ok, sorry, I misunderstood what you were saying. I'm PM'ed a DIRT member and am waiting to hear back with fingers crossed :D

#10 OFFLINE   garys

garys

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 3,167 posts

Posted 15 January 2013 - 02:47 PM

Ok, sorry, I misunderstood what you were saying. I'm PM'ed a DIRT member and am waiting to hear back with fingers crossed :D

No sweat, it happens. You have a good idea of what you want, sometimes it takes works to get it at a reasonable fee.

#11 OFFLINE   domingos35

domingos35

Icon

• Registered
  • 536 posts

Posted 15 January 2013 - 03:42 PM

I have 2 hoppers ,no joeys

#12 OFFLINE   Badfish740

Badfish740

Cool Member

• Topic Starter
  • Registered
  • 22 posts

Posted 15 January 2013 - 05:02 PM

No sweat, it happens. You have a good idea of what you want, sometimes it takes works to get it at a reasonable fee.

Well just got the shoot down from DIRT... They told me to check with a retailer to see if I can get a Hopper from them. :( I don't think I've ever seen a Dish retailer around these parts (Northwest NJ)?

#13 OFFLINE   broeddog

broeddog

AllStar

• Registered
  • 86 posts

Posted 15 January 2013 - 07:01 PM

I have a 2 Hopper and no Joey setup as well. I had to go through the Executive Resolutions Department when I had my system installed in April 2012. I thought they had reduced the price of the Hopper to $50.00 not long ago.

#14 OFFLINE   Badfish740

Badfish740

Cool Member

• Topic Starter
  • Registered
  • 22 posts

Posted 16 January 2013 - 10:16 AM

I have a 2 Hopper and no Joey setup as well. I had to go through the Executive Resolutions Department when I had my system installed in April 2012. I thought they had reduced the price of the Hopper to $50.00 not long ago.

How do you contact them? DIRT told me no lone Hopper, no way, no how-they did do it in the past but no longer. I don't think ordering a Hopper with a Joey and then trying to return the Joey is a great idea, so I may just get another Joey. I'm going to try turning off the Prime Time anytime feature since it records a lot of stuff we don't watch-at least that will free up a tuner during Prime Time hours which is when we have the most issues (ie: my wife is upstairs in the kitchen with the living room TV on, I'm downstairs in the basement, and something is recording.

#15 OFFLINE   broeddog

broeddog

AllStar

• Registered
  • 86 posts

Posted 16 January 2013 - 07:46 PM

Call the regular Dish number 888-686-2396 and ask them to transfer you to Executive Resolution Team.

Protected By... spam firewall...And...