Welcome to DBSTalk

Sign In 

Create Account
Welcome to DBSTalk. Our community covers all aspects of video delivery solutions including: Direct Broadcast Satellite (DBS), Cable Television, and Internet Protocol Television (IPTV). We also have forums to discuss popular television programs, home theater equipment, and internet streaming service providers. Members of our community include experts who can help you solve technical problems, industry professionals, company representatives, and novices who are here to learn.

Like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community. Sign-up is a free and simple process that requires minimal information. Be a part of our community by signing in or creating an account. The Digital Bit Stream starts here!
  • Reply to existing topics or start a discussion of your own
  • Subscribe to topics and forums and get email updates
  • Send private personal messages (PM) to other forum members
  • Customize your profile page and make new friends

Guest Message by DevFuse

Photo

DirecTV Everywhere Sound Quality

• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

#1 OFFLINE   litex2x

litex2x

Legend

• Registered
  • 145 posts

Posted 15 January 2013 - 04:36 PM

I've been having to use DirecTV Everywhere on my PC recently and I noticed the sound quality is noticeably bad. I was watching the first episode of the new season of Shameless and the sound quality was very low in relation to the picture quality, which was pretty good. Is this how it normally is or is there a hidden setting somewhere to make it better?

...Ads Help To Support This SIte...

#2 OFFLINE   goinsleeper

goinsleeper

Godfather

• Registered
  • 673 posts

Posted 15 January 2013 - 05:48 PM

My audio has always matched the video. Try using Showtime Anytime and see if the audio quality is still low. Could be the file itself.

#3 ONLINE   scott0702

scott0702

Legend

• Registered
  • 219 posts

Posted 15 January 2013 - 07:16 PM

I've been having to use DirecTV Everywhere on my PC recently and I noticed the sound quality is noticeably bad. I was watching the first episode of the new season of Shameless and the sound quality was very low in relation to the picture quality, which was pretty good. Is this how it normally is or is there a hidden setting somewhere to make it better?

I find that as well on the PC. I don't notice the sound as bad when watching on my iphone and using the headphones.

#4 OFFLINE   Rtm

Rtm

Godfather

• Registered
  • 408 posts

Posted 16 January 2013 - 04:33 AM

Because of digital accessibility to younger viewers, videos on the Showtime iPhone App are edited for language and content to a TV-14 standard.

From showtime.com idk if it's true

#5 OFFLINE   acostapimps

acostapimps

Hall Of Famer

• Registered
  • 1,864 posts
  • LocationIllinois

Posted 16 January 2013 - 06:03 PM

Didn't I complain about this earlier before? anyway it's always best to use Showtime Anytime,

Directv Genie DVR HR44-700
Directv HD DVR HR24-500
Directv HD Receiver H24-200
Directv Wireless Mini Client C41W-100 (Deactivated)
Directv Standard SD Receiver D12-700 

SWM 16  SWM 8-Way Splitter  SWM 2-Way Splitter  Slimline 5LNB  

Directv Subscriber From 2009-?

#6 OFFLINE   acostapimps

acostapimps

Hall Of Famer

• Registered
  • 1,864 posts
  • LocationIllinois

Posted 16 January 2013 - 06:17 PM

Why does the audio quality sounds low for Directv Everywhere on PC, i'm using laptop with Windows 7 64-bit Intel Pentium 2.13 GHz on Google Chrome browser.

Here you go I knew I said this before.

Directv Genie DVR HR44-700
Directv HD DVR HR24-500
Directv HD Receiver H24-200
Directv Wireless Mini Client C41W-100 (Deactivated)
Directv Standard SD Receiver D12-700 

SWM 16  SWM 8-Way Splitter  SWM 2-Way Splitter  Slimline 5LNB  

Directv Subscriber From 2009-?

#7 OFFLINE   litex2x

litex2x

Legend

• Topic Starter
  • Registered
  • 145 posts

Posted 17 January 2013 - 10:17 AM

I guess the low bitrate is their way to save bandwidth and choke their system. But yes watching it directly from the source like MAXGO, HBOGO, Showtime Anywhere, etc sounds a lot better.

Protected By... spam firewall...And...