Welcome to DBSTalk

Sign In 

Create Account
Welcome to DBSTalk, like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community, but don't worry this is a simple free process that requires minimal information for you to signup. Be a part of DBSTalk by signing in or creating an account.
  • Start new topics and reply to others
  • Subscribe to topics and forums to get email updates
  • Get your own profile page and make new friends
  • Send personal messages to other members.

Guest Message by DevFuse

Photo
- - - - -

Continuum - time jumping for real

• Please log in to reply
65 replies to this topic

#61 OFFLINE   klang

klang

Hall Of Fame

• DBSTalk Club
  • 1,268 posts
  • LocationNear Houston, TX

Posted 22 June 2013 - 03:37 PM

Was last night ep3 or 4 of this season?  

Last night was episode 3.

...Ads Help To Support This SIte...

#62 OFFLINE   ThomasM

ThomasM

RF Engineer

• DBSTalk Club
  • 4,317 posts
  • LocationMilwaukee, WI

Posted 22 June 2013 - 06:15 PM

The funniest part of this season is the boy genius working at the TV version of Best Buy complete with a jerk boss.  I wonder if they are using the set that was used for "Chuck"?  I laughed and laughed when the boss couldn't figure out what happened to the network which now produced all his reports automatically and sent them to "headquarters".  When he found out, he ordered everything put back the way it was!!

3LNB Phase III Dish * 2-R15-300 * R22-200 * D12-100 * DirecTV Subscriber since Y2K

#63 OFFLINE   Doug Brott

Doug Brott

Lifetime Achiever

• DBSTalk Club
  • 28,902 posts
  • LocationLos Angeles

Posted 22 June 2013 - 06:32 PM

Not the same set as Chuck since Continuum is filmed in Vancouver and Chuck was filmed in LA.

As for the season, I'm enjoying this season as much as last, but the flow isn't quite as good.  Lots of jumping around from one thing to another.  The chase scene was great .. old-school carnage rather than CGI (well, the missle might have been CGI .. :lol:)

i can say one thing .. I think I miss the mole.  It's distracting that it's not there which is quite weird to me.

DIRECTV Firmware Monitor - iPhone - Android - HTML5

DIRECTV employee since August 2011.
All comments are my own. Unless specifically stated, my views do NOT represent the views of DIRECTV

#64 OFFLINE   phrelin

phrelin

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 13,136 posts
  • LocationNorthern California Redwoods

Posted 22 June 2013 - 11:18 PM

OK. I admit I was skeptical. So I recorded all of both seasons so far.

After monitoring this thread, I thought I'd give it a try this Summer and we loved ep 1 and 2. It may be the best scifi show on TV in 2013.

It's been four years since "Terminator: The Sarah Connor Chronicles", the last potentially great scifi series produced in the U.S. but not produced by J.J. Abrams' Bad Robot, was cancelled by the world. Sigh.

Of course,, J.J. Abrams' Bad Robot gave us "Lost", "Alcatraz", and "Fringe" plus is giving us "Person of Interest" and "Revolution". Despite the argument I've gotten here that "Person of Interest" is not futuristic enough, so far I don't think we've got the computer capacity or algorithms yet and I think it is a meaningful scifi premise given the current controversy.  I don't like "Revolution" but my wife does so we watch it. Maybe I'll like next season after the world is blown up.

But "Continuum", like "Haven", makes me think it is possible to have a scifi show on TV even though it requires the energy of the Canadians. I'm not sure what scifi TV show aficionados would do without Canada. Thank you Canada.

"In a hundred years there'll be a whole new set of people."
"Always poke the bears. They sleep too much for their own good."

"If you're good enough, they'll talk about you." - Tom Harmon
A GEEZER who remembers watching TV in 1951 and was an Echostar customer from 1988 to 2008, now a Dish Network customer.
My AV Setup
My Slingbox Pro HD Experience
My Blog: The Redwood Guardian

#65 OFFLINE   renbutler

renbutler

Godfather

• Registered
  • 500 posts

Posted 23 June 2013 - 10:02 PM

I enjoyed Season 1 quite a bit, but season two is pretty disappointing so far.

The best scenes in S1 were with Alec in his lair helping Keira in the field. Their interaction was the best aspect of the show.

#66 OFFLINE   ThomasM

ThomasM

RF Engineer

• DBSTalk Club
  • 4,317 posts
  • LocationMilwaukee, WI

Posted 24 June 2013 - 05:38 PM

Despite the argument I've gotten here that "Person of Interest" is not futuristic enough, so far I don't think we've got the computer capacity or algorithms yet and I think it is a meaningful scifi premise given the current controversy. 

You never know.  Wait until they catch Snowden and see what other information he has stolen... :contract:

3LNB Phase III Dish * 2-R15-300 * R22-200 * D12-100 * DirecTV Subscriber since Y2K

spam firewall